Nolvadren-XT/PCTs in general question

Verse

Awards
I am new to the whole PCT thing and do not really know how this stuff works. I have a few questions:

1. Can a teen take PCTs such as Nolvadren-XT safely?
2. Can PCTs such as Nolvadren-XT be taken for a tested show? And are bodybuilders who use PCTs still natural?
3. What is the difference between a PCT and a prohormone?

Sorry for my ignorance.

Verse

Awards
Thanks a bunch!

I know my t levels should be high but they don't really feel like it. I'll probably go to a doctor rather than experiment with test boosters.

MultiVitamin

MultiVitamin

Awards
PCT is Post Cycle Therapy - meant to be taken after a cycle of exogenous hormones.

If you're referring to NXT as a "PCT" (I suppose u could), it's not. It's a product that can be used in PCT. I'm also assuming you're not asking about PCT because of cycle you've ran, so I won't go into detail about what PCT is extensively.

NXT contains Arimistane (if I believe) which is a popular, natural, AI. It'll lower estrogen (and cortisol) and also help lean you up/ dry you out.* As far as legal in natty comps? You'd have to review the supplement panel fully, and check with your federation as to what is and isn't allowed

*If looking into arim products, AlphaMax is a great option. Full 75mg dose of arim, plus 50mg forskolin - which will also serve a great purpose in helping lean you out. AM also includes vitd3, l-dopa, 3,4 div, and others to help raise test :D

Verse

Awards
I've never done a cycle or run anything... That's why I have such basic questions.

Is NXT okay to take as a teen? And if it's not a PCT, is it just a test booster? Thanks!

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've never done a cycle or run anything... That's why I have such basic questions.

Is NXT okay to take as a teen? And if it's not a PCT, is it just a test booster? Thanks!
You do not need any supplement you posted or has been posted in here.

Stick with food, lift heavy with good form, and rest and you'll grow as a teen.

Instead of investing time researching supplements, use that time to look for a good training program and learn about nutrition.

Verse

Awards

Instead of investing time researching supplements, use that time to look for a good training program and learn about nutrition.

I've already got those parts out of the way... I've spent an unbelievable amount of time reading scientific journals on the topics of nutrition and training. I am not just some kid who thinks eating clean most of the time and lifting heavy stuff will get him big. I've read about, and seen first hand, how effective good periodization and proper macros are. I've also devoted ample time to improving my form and ensuring I do not get hurt while doing something I enjoy. I just had a few questions.

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards

I agree with Ant on this one. As a teen really the only supplements you should be using are Multi V's, Fish Oil and maybe some Glutamine for recovery. If you can afford it get some good protein maybe a low dosed PWO and at the most some creatine.

Verse

Awards
PCT is Post Cycle Therapy - meant to be taken after a cycle of exogenous hormones.

If you're referring to NXT as a "PCT" (I suppose u could), it's not. It's a product that can be used in PCT. I'm also assuming you're not asking about PCT because of cycle you've ran, so I won't go into detail about what PCT is extensively.

NXT contains Arimistane (if I believe) which is a popular, natural, AI. It'll lower estrogen (and cortisol) and also help lean you up/ dry you out.* As far as legal in natty comps? You'd have to review the supplement panel fully, and check with your federation as to what is and isn't allowed

*If looking into arim products, AlphaMax is a great option. Full 75mg dose of arim, plus 50mg forskolin - which will also serve a great purpose in helping lean you out. AM also includes vitd3, l-dopa, 3,4 div, and others to help raise test :D
Would things like you mentioned yield permanent strength/size gains? I know that they are supposed to be cycled, so would the gains gotten while on a cycle disappear when off the cycle? I know that happens with PHs and PCTs

nfmejia0486

nfmejia0486

Awards
Actually that's why you do a PCT when you take something that suppresses your natural test so as to restart your natural test and not lose too much of your gains.

Verse

Awards
Do test boosters like N-XT or the things MultiVitamin mentioned end up suppressing test production?

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
Do test boosters like N-XT or the things MultiVitamin mentioned end up suppressing test production?
no they are test boosters. they try to maximize test productions and lower SHBG which results in more free test that is available for the body to use.
Two things:

Natural things like test boosters are natural, they work with your bodies hormones.

ProHormones/Designer Steroids/Steroids/Sarms are exogenous compounds that become active steroids iny our body and will suppress or shut down natural productions.

Verse

Awards
One last question-- I'm confused about whether or not Arimistane and the other ingredients in NXT are prohormones or not. Are all PHs exogenous? And when you say arimistase is natural, what do you mean?

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
One last question-- I'm confused about whether or not Arimistane and the other ingredients in NXT are prohormones or not. Are all PHs exogenous? And when you say arimistase is natural, what do you mean?
Prohormones are ingredients that when metabolized by the liver turn into steroids.
Designer Steroids are already in their active steroid form, often methylated
Injection steroid bypass all of this

Arimistane does not convert into any type of steroid int he body and is considered natural. By natural we mean the way people say natty or not.

Verse

Awards
So is NXT safe developmentally for teens to use since it contains natural ingredients?

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
So is NXT safe developmentally for teens to use since it contains natural ingredients?
no not really... you shouldn't mess with your estrogen until your about 25 or so and have fully developed and stopped growing. this can cause your growth plates to close prematurely thus stunting your potential growth.

NXT will do nothing to make you bigger or stronger.. unfortunately neither will alphamax.. wait until your natural production begins to taper off as you are approaching your 30s.

if you want to grow you need to eat... a lot.

stick to tons of food and some creatine.

get lots of rest.

Verse

Awards
What about half dosing a cycle for a period of time for which I can't rest adequately?

I'm going to camp for 3 weeks and the only way I can train is by waking up at 4:00 every morning. I have a meal prep company for my food so that's all good, but I'm not sure how much sleep I'll be able to get.

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
What about half dosing a cycle for a period of time for which I can't rest adequately?

I'm going to camp for 3 weeks and the only way I can train is by waking up at 4:00 every morning. I have a meal prep company for my food so that's all good, but I'm not sure how much sleep I'll be able to get.
supplements do not cure inadequate rest. Only thing you can do is train and rest when you can. If you can't get much sleep either take a small nap during the day or just tough it out. These things in the short term don't make as much of a difference as you think they do

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

No, like Ripper said, food, rest, creatine. A half cycle won't do anything for you. Most of the time, these supplements need to be ran for at least 2 weeks before they kick in anyways. You'd be wasting your money. Wait until you're older.

Verse

Awards
Okay. So, I'll confess, I'm already 5 days into camp and using N-XT. I'm sufficiently concerned about continuing to use it because of growth plate closure issues and overall hormonal balance. I am already way dryer than I was before, and I feel guilty as ****. Should I just stop using it or go half dose for a few days then stop to make sure I don't do anymore damage than I've already done?

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
just stop ... we all knew this is were this was going .. we see it all the time. just stop and relax, fall back and regroup. hit the iron even harder than you were and all will be fine.

avega17

Awards
  • Established
I just turned 23 and I'm on Erase Pro. Should I not be taking it?

Verse

Awards
I'm still confused about what's wrong with Nolvadren. If all it does is modulate estrogen, isn't there not too much of a problem assuming you don't have issues with bones and joints? I was under the impression that estrogen kickstarts puberty and then signals growth plates to close, but developmentally it isn't vital for anything else.

I do not plan to keep using NXT, but I am still confused.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Why do you want to modulate Estrogen? Does your blood-work show it as being out of range? How about your libido - it's involved with that too. How about your lipid values - it's involved with them as well. Quit trying to pre-emptively "improve" homeostasis. Teen = Sleep, Eat & Lift. If you want to waste money, I'll PM you a Paypal address :)

Verse

Awards
I liked being really dry. I didn't see any abnormal strength gains, but I only used NXT for 5 days.

This may seem off topic, but it will make sense: in March, I competed in a tested show and did men's physique and teen physique. I got 5th in men's and missed my call out in teen like an idiot. During the prep, my coach had me doing an insane amount of cardio and I was down to 1,500 calories with 1 450 calorie HIIT session and one 45 minute LISS session for 300 calories. I also took AllMax Rapidcuts for most of prep. As the competition drew nearer, I stopped losing weight, looked soft constantly, couldn't get any pumps even after a refeed, and had no sex drive.

After the show, I stopped working with my prep coach and started with a different coach. He managed to help me reverse diet successfully and I began to look tighter. My pumps sort of came back, but I still have no sex drive and my pumps are not as good as they were before the show. There are other "issues" that indicate something is wrong with my hormones.

I do feel like my condition was improving on NXT, but I also got too dry and my joints were a little achey on day 5.

What should I do? I don't want to go to the doctor for a test because I really do not want to be suspected of using AAS (which I have not done and do not plan to do ever) and I don't know how to explain the problem to my parents.

And to answer your question, I was hoping estrogen modulation would fix my problem and also stop me from being dead from sleeping so little at camp in order to train.

Verse

Awards
I don't know if it is a coincidence or not, but my skin looked a lot clearer when I started taking NXT. I don't have awful acne or anything, but I had fewer spots and my complexion looked better.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
5 days on an OTC "AI" product and you were achy and dry? Your skin cleared up? That must be some amazing s*&t. If you think you need a hormone screen, then privatemdlabs.com.... but you are under 18 right? They might not take you. No offense, but you also seem to be a marketers wet dream - quit reading the internet so much, and go to a doc if you really think you have a problem. There are 10,000 other reasons people get hormone screens besides AAS - and who gives a sh&t anyway, not all compounds that relate to hormones are Schedule III. I really think you need to just relax, quit trying to diagnose/over-analyze, sleep as much as you can, eat, and lift. If you need "energy" try the most studied ergogenic aid known to man - caffeine.

Verse

Awards
I'm just reporting what I experienced.

What shows in a blood test? Would Androst 3,5 dien, etc. be in if from the NXT? Or since NXT is oral would that not happen?

And I don't think I'm over diagnosing or over analyzing. My problems from February and March are still here 3.5 months after the show. I've slept plenty since school ended. Also, caffeine is already my best friend ��