No need for multi if taking Poseidon?

Wordz_Worf

Wordz_Worf

Awards
  • Established
If someone has a good diet and takes Poseidon 2-3 times a day,will there still be a need for a separate multi? Seems it would be too much zinc and other stuff.

Just curious.I've used Poseidon before,I liked it and was just wondering about this.Thanks.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
i'd still use a multi. At the moment i'm doing 4-6 scoops a day. plus 6x Orange Triad and a B-complex multi too

Wordz_Worf

Wordz_Worf

Awards
  • Established
Wow that is a lot of stuff lol.I know vitamin b6 intake over 100mg a day can be bad for some people and the zinc would pile up taking 3 servings + multi + the zinc from diet.

How do you dose the Poseidon if you do not mind me asking.When I used it I took 1 scoop pre-workout,1 scoop in my water/intra drink and one later on in the night,sometimes before bed.I liked it and it was nice being able to throw some in my pre and intra workout drinks.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
scoop on waking, scoop pre gym, scoop after the gym and later on in the evening. usually straight on the tongue and down with some water. Sometimes i'll do 2 scoops in the morning and put some in my xtend while at the gym

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Personally I don't. When I am bulking I am eating a ton of food, and very nutrient dense food, and even more nutrient dense veggies and fruits on top of that. If you are eating a good diverse diet I don't think there is a need. Maybe some added A, E, and Selenium if you feel the need or your diet is lacking in any of these. Poseidon easily has your mineral, B-complex, and C covered IMO.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
For post 2 regarding Vit B6 intakes over 100mg being bad for you, you might be thinking of studies that used IV injections and not oral dosing. Oral toxicity for Pyridoxine HCl as used in Poseidon has not been shown to occur at the low doses we're talking; perhaps if you're taking 1g/day.

I have been adjusting by Poseidon intake to my exercise/sweat production; if I do a 50 min. fasted cardio session & lift, I'll probably take 3-4 scoops during those workouts. On an off day, I might just take 1-2. As for the multi-vitamin, it might not be necessary with a proper diet; it's all individual. If you're cutting and not getting as much nutrients as normal, it might not hurt to take an iron-free multi at even just half the daily dose to help ensure you've got the basic nutrients. A nutrient deficiency will be harmful to your progress, whereas vitamin/mineral toxicities are generally hard to come by.

Wordz_Worf

Wordz_Worf

Awards
  • Established
Personally I don't. When I am bulking I am eating a ton of food, and very nutrient dense food, and even more nutrient dense veggies and fruits on top of that. If you are eating a good diverse diet I don't think there is a need. Maybe some added A, E, and Selenium if you feel the need or your diet is lacking in any of these. Poseidon easily has your mineral, B-complex, and C covered IMO.
Yes that was my thinking as well.I have a decent diet and I consume plenty of veggies and fruits and lots of oats which have plenty of nutrients.Might add a cheap Vit.E supp along with the Poseidon when I use it since C+E=synergy.A cool thing I found out a bit ago,the adaptogenic herb Astralagus contains a hefty amount of Selenium and I was looking into that for a cheap adaptogenic stack so using that knocks out 2 birds with 1 stone.

For post 2 regarding Vit B6 intakes over 100mg being bad for you, you might be thinking of studies that used IV injections and not oral dosing. Oral toxicity for Pyridoxine HCl as used in Poseidon has not been shown to occur at the low doses we're talking; perhaps if you're taking 1g/day.

I have been adjusting by Poseidon intake to my exercise/sweat production; if I do a 50 min. fasted cardio session & lift, I'll probably take 3-4 scoops during those workouts. On an off day, I might just take 1-2. As for the multi-vitamin, it might not be necessary with a proper diet; it's all individual. If you're cutting and not getting as much nutrients as normal, it might not hurt to take an iron-free multi at even just half the daily dose to help ensure you've got the basic nutrients. A nutrient deficiency will be harmful to your progress, whereas vitamin/mineral toxicities are generally hard to come by.
Good to know! I was starting to look at all these supplements I have that included vitamin B6 and getting a bit worried.Poseidon is something I plan to use when I am on The One since I read that keeping a positive electrolyte balance will keep back pumps at bay and it just seems like a perfect product for the task.And the zinc + mag + b6.c is a plus as well,no need for ZMA(i know some dont like zma :p)while on it.

Thanks for the replies folks.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I always suggest taking a multi along with poseidon. I always do.

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
Poseidon isn't even a complete b-complex, though a decent diet will likely fulfill one's requirements. Many foods are also enriched or fortified with vitamins such as A and E so you could probably skip a multi. I would probably still supplement with fat soluble vitamins like A, E, D, and K in addition to other ancillaries like NAC, Selenium, polyphenols, etc. But if you wanted to use Poseidon in lieu of a multivitamin it would probably be a decent substitute.