No more bulking or cutting, both at the same time, slow and steady

CoorsLight126

CoorsLight126

Awards
So basically after I read an interesting article on insulin, I have decided to curtail my training into 1 major goal. QUALITY. That means quality size as well as definition. Many say you cannot do both at the same time but I disagree. The article talked about breaking each day up into bulking AND cutting, depending on timing. Now, this is based on insulin usage, but I figure WTF why not design my training around the idea? After 15 years I'm so far beyond my genetic potential anyways, I believe my days of breaking the training into bulking or cutting phases is over, except pre-contest which I will take a few years away from. Anybody else ever go at it with this frame of mind>?

DaJaP

DaJaP

Awards
So basically after I read an interesting article on insulin, I have decided to curtail my training into 1 major goal. QUALITY. That means quality size as well as definition. Many say you cannot do both at the same time but I disagree. The article talked about breaking each day up into bulking AND cutting, depending on timing. Now, this is based on insulin usage, but I figure WTF why not design my training around the idea? After 15 years I'm so far beyond my genetic potential anyways, I believe my days of breaking the training into bulking or cutting phases is over, except pre-contest which I will take a few years away from. Anybody else ever go at it with this frame of mind>?
yessir, been training like that for a little over a year now. They key is finding that magic carb number that allows u to get lean but also have great workouts/growth. I typically stack 75% of my carbs pre/post WO, and its been working. I personally like it cuz u never feel bloated from devouring everything on a bulk, and never feel out of it cuz ur carbs are low and cardio is through the roof. GL with it man

croissant

Awards
hey coors can you post a link to the article?

HondaV65

HondaV65

Awards
  • Established
This is the only way I train. Hell - a "bulk phase" for me means I got a wild hair and decided to increase maybe 5 pounds - which is easy for me to put on and take off.

I think if you compete - then you need the bulk / cut routine. Seems to be the quickest and best way to success and I note that even Rosie appears to bulk / cut a little bit at least - but she competes.

I don't compete though. I lift for the joy of lifting and because I am convinced that lifting weights (and some cardio) is the quickest ticket to hormonal health and - overall health.

I don't like dealing with blubber - even temporarily.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I believe u can do both. its called recomp. maintain a low BF % but still build muscle

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
Lean bulk it will take a while buy if your lean you will put on quality pounds with out fat. Actually this is broscience but if you gain 5 lbs of muscle and none of fat you have lowered your bf%with out actually losing fat (in terms of lbs)

I still bulk and cut but am not as near to my potential. Still on bulks I can see abs I never let myself go. It's to much work for me to strip it down after.