No leg day for at least 6 weeks!!

Mr_Irrelevant

Awards
Hey guys,

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this but I'm going to go ahead and do it. Anyways, I've been doing a modified PHAT program shown below:

Upper Power:
Bench: 5x8
Barbell Row: 5x8
Military Press: 5x8
Machine Fly/Reverse Fly (I'd rotate with these two): 4x8
Barbell Curl: 4x8
Barbell Tricep Ext: 4x8
Barbell Spider Curl: 4x8
Close grip bench: 4x8

Lower Power (follow sames rep scheme above)
Squats
DL
Calf work
Leg Curls
Leg ext

Chest and Arms Hypertrophy:
Incline Bench: 3x10
Bench Press machine: 3x12
Decline: 3x15
Dumbbell Fly: 3x20
Preacher Curl: 3x12
One arm preacher: 3x15
Rope Hammer curls: 3x20
Rope Tri Ext: 3x12
Dips: 3x15
Pushdown: 3x20

Lower Hypertrophy:
Hack Squat Machine
Leg Press
Lunges
Calf
Leg Curls
Leg Ext

Back and Shoulders:
Lat Pulldown
Straight arm pushdown
Barbell bentover row
Machine Row
Machine shoulder press
Front raise
Face Pull
Shrugs

Anyways, I absolutely love this program when on and off cycle (Currently on a 14 week Test E Cycle) and I only change out different workouts when I need. I just sprained my ACL (Very close to a tear according to the MRI) and was told to stay away from "leg day" for at least 6 weeks and then we can reassess.

So since I'm unable to do leg day for a little while, I figure this will just give me time to focus on all major and minor muscles and workouts. I figure with the extra time, I can really focus on certain muscle groups on different days. Do you guys have any idea how I would go about this? I know it's tough to answer this because each person knows their body and what they want to work on, but I guess what I'm looking for is just a nice simple layout that maybe you guys have experience with or maybe have experienced the same situation I'm in now.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Is what i would do is hit abs instead on the leg days. ha But thats just me. Or you could devote one day to each body part. so chest, back, biceps, triceps and shoulders. And make it a five day plan and hit each bodypart hard

Mr_Irrelevant

Awards
Is what i would do is hit abs instead on the leg days. ha But thats just me. Or you could devote one day to each body part. so chest, back, biceps, triceps and shoulders. And make it a five day plan and hit each bodypart hard
Yeah one day to each body part is what I figured, just didn't know if anyone else had anything. And I didn't list it but my abs are just worked on random days throughout the week.

Thanks for you input though. Probably just stick to 1 body part a day and complete destroy it.

smshannon001

smshannon001

Awards
  • Established
Yeah one day to each body part is what I figured, just didn't know if anyone else had anything. And I didn't list it but my abs are just worked on random days throughout the week. Thanks for you input though. Probably just stick to 1 body part a day and complete destroy it.
Clear ur inbox

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
Are you able to train your good leg? I've don't know much about it, but I've heard of the theory of cross education. Below is a link, albeit a wisegeek link, but I'm sure there are more studies out there. I know how much being injured sucks so this may help a bit!

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-cross-education.htm