Nizoral (Ketoconazole) experts : acne related question

turkish

Awards
  • Established
I have access to both pills, shampoo and cream.

- Which would be my best bet to fight acne (some on chest and face, mainly on back - aas induced, but remains after cycle) ?

- Would pills be bad for me since the anti-androgenic effects would be systemic (I assume so) ?

- I have a tendency to believe that cream would be the best choice, since it stays much longer on your skin than washing your body with the shampoo. Does this make sense?

Thanks in advance.

Schwaugher

Awards
I haven't tried the cream or pills, but i have tried the shampoo. Unfortunately i hasn't impressed...but then again, most of my acne is natural. Just my experience with it.

turkish

Awards
  • Established
Thanks. Keep'em coming guys.

Anybody else tried this with good results?

turkish

Awards
  • Established
I got both the cream and the shampoo since they were quite cheap ($6 total). I'll try them together. I'll post results if anybody's interested.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
I've used the pills at up to 600mg/d for several weeks. It causes stomach aches and pretty major shutdown too. The AI effect was not that impressive either. No benefits on acne at all.

idunk42

King Kong
Awards
  • Established
Ive used the 1% shampoo, and its worked pretty good for me. Im sure the 2% works even better. Hope that helps a bit bro.

Mess

Awards
  • Established
i've used the 2% shampoo with good results, just try to keep it for few mins beforw rinsing it.

Cheers

turkish

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the replies everyone. The shampoo/cream combo looks promising, the bacne's already showing signs of drying out.