Newbie needs help

lilbigman1

Banned
Awards
I've been struggling with my diet, I know I don't eat enough and always end up eating crap food as snacks

I'm tryin to gain lean muscle an my diet is as follows

Breakfast:
3 whole eggs, 3 egg whites and a cup of oats while sipping on whey shake

Pre workout
Oikos yogurt and a banana
Post workout
Whey shake
Dinner
Some kind of meat, veggie and either pasta or a potato

I need help on what to eat extra

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Very vague everything

If all you need is extra ways to get calories in go for fats as they are easy and calorie dense. Oils or nut butters

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
As driven said, we need more info. Height, weight, age, training style, how long, how often, do you know maint cals?

lilbigman1

Banned
Awards
5"8 165 train

Chest mon
Arms tues
Legs weda
Back bis thrus
Shoulders tris fri

1 hr a day plus cardio each day

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
1 hour a day plus cardio... I would, at this point, say don't worry about a strict diet and just eat more food man.

Are you just moving out on your own or having trouble drumming up recipes to eat or?

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
1 hour a day plus cardio... I would, at this point, say don't worry about a strict diet and just eat more food man.

Are you just moving out on your own or having trouble drumming up recipes to eat or?
If you really want to gain, I would lower the cardio as well... no reason to burn extra calories if you cant even fit them in.

Start cramming in a shake anytime you can... throw some oats and pb in... anythign you can really to squeeze some more food into your day will help.

lilbigman1

Banned
Awards
I feel like I eat healthy and all, but when I'm hungry for like a snack after bfast what do I eat, I always look at chips and stuff or I don't eat

My question is, is what do I eat that's gunna help lean muscle

lilbigman1

Banned
Awards
Thanks for the response :)

If you really want to gain, I would lower the cardio as well... no reason to burn extra calories if you cant even fit them in.

Start cramming in a shake anytime you can... throw some oats and pb in... anythign you can really to squeeze some more food into your day will help.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Take meals or snack with you for when you get hungry! You could take nuts, peanut butter, yogurt, steak or some calorie dense meat, sandwiches...endless possibilities. Depends on what types of foods you like. Just take a little time the night before to get it ready for the next day or for a few days!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I feel like I eat healthy and all, but when I'm hungry for like a snack after bfast what do I eat, I always look at chips and stuff or I don't eat

My question is, is what do I eat that's gunna help lean muscle
like kat said, you can pack as many meals and snacks as you think you'll need/want... if you eat them great, if not, save them. In order to get where you want to be you have to think ahead a bit and put some effort into it. Food isn't miraculously going to get healthy from a vending machine. From the sound of it though, your biggest problem is NOT eat vs not eating healthy... Don't worry so much about every meal/snack being "clean" if gaining is your goal... it takes calories to grow and not eeating because there's not a perfect chicken and broccoli meal avaiable is all wrong. A bag of chips or some "junk" food is ok once in awhile to ensure your calories stay up. IIFYM guys do it all the time... its all about keeping a balance between enough "good" foods, and enough calories. Stick to good foods 80% of the time (or even in your case at your big, planned meals) and let the rest be whatever you want, within reason.

lilbigman1

Banned
Awards
Thanks for the reply.....im just a newbie and thanks for the info!

like kat said, you can pack as many meals and snacks as you think you'll need/want... if you eat them great, if not, save them. In order to get where you want to be you have to think ahead a bit and put some effort into it. Food isn't miraculously going to get healthy from a vending machine. From the sound of it though, your biggest problem is NOT eat vs not eating healthy... Don't worry so much about every meal/snack being "clean" if gaining is your goal... it takes calories to grow and not eeating because there's not a perfect chicken and broccoli meal avaiable is all wrong. A bag of chips or some "junk" food is ok once in awhile to ensure your calories stay up. IIFYM guys do it all the time... its all about keeping a balance between enough "good" foods, and enough calories. Stick to good foods 80% of the time (or even in your case at your big, planned meals) and let the rest be whatever you want, within reason.