Newb here, need some direction for pain relief

Papabees

Awards
I had a laminectomy (a portion of a disk removed) in my lower back about a year ago. I just can't seem to recover. I have on three occasions been put on an over a steroid prescription (prednizone I think) that had me feel really well the first couple days and then symptoms return as the dosage decreases. I'm just looking for some advice for something that can get me back to pre-surgery condition. I'm not looking to get ripped (wouldn't mind it but not my primary concern) but I do miss the athletic activity of basketball and what not. I've had an MRI and there is nothing structurally wrong it just seems to be constant inflammation. Any help to recover would be appreciated.

rixrix

Awards
Anabolic steroids won't help. Prednisone is bad stuff, I've been on it before and I believe that's why I have borderline osteoporosis as a 37 year old male.In my experience, for chronic stuff like this you probably want to skip the local docs and go straight to the major university medical center. (I personally go to Stanford for the serious stuff)

Papabees

Awards
I was able to find the D-Phenylanine but as I researched the other item the best I could find is it's basically cannibus. Forgive my ignorance but is that correct? Also, is there a brand of the D-Phenylanine you recommend? I'm not real familiar with supplements and don't want to buy junk.

Bigdumogre

Bigdumogre

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Have you ever tried a foam roller or massage the area? If it is just inflammation might find ways around medication.
Heat packs or ice packs after gym?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was able to find the D-Phenylanine but as I researched the other item the best I could find is it's basically cannibus. Forgive my ignorance but is that correct? Also, is there a brand of the D-Phenylanine you recommend? I'm not real familiar with supplements and don't want to buy junk.
Yes, I am talking about a type of marijuana. D-phenylanine brand doesn't matter much.

Billy R

Billy R

Awards
Have you tried an inversion table? I use mine every day, just for a couple of minutes, and it makes a world of difference in how i feel.