new to weightlifting need help

doc333

Awards
hey I'm relatively new to weightlifting and I was looking into gaining weight and musclemass. I'm 130 lbs right now and I'm 5'9 so Im pretty skinny but in decent shape. I am an army medic and I was 150 pounds after I got out of basic training which was over a year ago and then I got lazy lost all my weight because I was eating poorly. Ihavs spent the last month or so researching as much as I can on gaining weight and lifting and I have got tons of mixed feedback. Of course I know eating is the basis of gaining weight but I have also read up on tons of supplements ranging from creatine to prohormones ( specifically halotest). So I wanted to know what I should do to get back to my target weight of 150 and if halotest would be right for me.

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
hey I'm relatively new to weightlifting and I was looking into gaining weight and musclemass. I'm 130 lbs right now and I'm 5'9 so Im pretty skinny but in decent shape. I am an army medic and I was 150 pounds after I got out of basic training which was over a year ago and then I got lazy lost all my weight because I was eating poorly. Ihavs spent the last month or so researching as much as I can on gaining weight and lifting and I have got tons of mixed feedback. Of course I know eating is the basis of gaining weight but I have also read up on tons of supplements ranging from creatine to prohormones ( specifically halotest). So I wanted to know what I should do to get back to my target weight of 150 and if halotest would be right for me.
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fS7v9rtm3Y"]YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I think you should give Jay Cutler a call. See what prohormones or steroids are right for you.

Broly

Awards
  • Established
I guess halotest isn't the proper anabolic for you. The one I know that is 100% effective, no side effects, don't need to be cycled and just by the simple fact that you are at 130lbs and new to this sport is FOOD, TRAINING and SLEEP....did I mentioned FOOD? Within 4 or 5 years taking this "stack" and if you haven't got any weight gain in terms of muscle mass, I guess you should see a doctor in stead of coming here asking for wich stroid is apropriate for you ;)
Please don't be offended with what I said, just think a little: you still haven't the proper weight for your height and you don't have much experience in terms of training how could you take the full advantage of them? For exemple, I'm training for about 3 years and even though steroids are very tempting I know I don't have the knoledge needed in terms of training and feeding to maximize the benefits of taking them. For that reason I haven't take them and untill now I've been reading all I can about the subject so that when the time has come I could really do the things safely and take the full advantage of the substances I'll be taking by that time.
Oh and one last thing: even food is a great anabolic by itself it needs to be used with knoledge. I'm an ectomorph in terms of body structure and had a hard time in the first two years of training to put any kind of weight (in the first two years I've went from 160lbs up to 176lbs). This September, after talking with my cousin which has about 10years of weight training, I've learned that I needed to do a serious bulk. So in the in the first week of September I started at 178lb, by the end of the month with lots of training and eating properly to my needs I was weighting 202lbs. Of course there was some flab on those 202lbs, but the I've cutted during October 2lbs of weight and now I can say I weight an healthy and lean 200lbs and my body keeps imporving in terms of muscle volume and etc.
So get steroids out of your mind for now, or at least just keep learning about the subject without using them, because you still have a long road to go;)

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Aquela criança é segura de cultivar peitos como uma mulher

Broly

Awards
  • Established
Depende, se preferir tomar algo que não aromatize:icon_lol:

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
O seu fígado excretará do seu ânus, tão seguro como o sol brilhará :lol:

Broly

Awards
  • Established
I guess you're using th google translator. Don't use it, it sure gives wierd translations ;)

waynaferd

waynaferd

Awards
  • Established
Google superdrol clone, buy 2 bottles of whatever one and run at 50mg a day for a minimum of 6 weeks. You'll be way bigger than that Jay Cutler guy previously mentioned.

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
porque es divertido....... obviamente

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
steroids /prohormones in my view shouldnt be considered at your level of training.

I suggest you start eating 5 or 6 small meals of good quality food per day.Aerobic work should be cut to a minimum.If you find it difficult to fit in all those meals substitute 2 for a meal replacement drink.
For training i would just stick with mass building exercises and concentrate on the large muscle groups, chest back legs .For which you could do bench press, deadlifts and squats. These exercises should encourage you to grow ; your healthy diet and plenty of rest (sleep)will also contribute to that.

Once you are satisfied that you are making progress , you can introduce exercises to vary your routine but i would forget the smaller muscles such as triceps/ biceps until youve got a decent build.

Theres no quick fix , even with steroids .Admittedly they can help and take you to the next level but at your level i would forget them .Even with them , everything else needs to be in place .

Incidentally if you decide to buy a weight gainer becareful how you use it , eg you dont need a weight gain drink before bedtime , all those carbs will be stored and not used as energy, so you could end up with fat around the waist.Also check they are not full of sugars. Personally , id buy some oats and mix in some protein , add some good oil. omega 3 , virgin olive oil, and fruit-no need for expensive weight gainers.

good luck

Broly

Awards
  • Established
Please stop moking around with my language so that I don't need to go down to your level to give you a proper answer to such a "low level" person like you two.
This is a forum where people come to discuss about their common interests, not to mock with others language.

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
ill support you broly , theres no need to mock other peoples language.what next-race colour , sexual orientation, disability,

we are supposed to be moving forward not going backwards.

live and let live

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
true, if we should be mocking anyone its ah well we shouldn't be mocking anyone - Learn Teach Lead.

Food food food food food.