New to the forum with a question

C3RACER

C3RACER

Awards
Thank you for taking time to read my question:

I am 50 years old male 5'9" 204lbs. Most of my life I have not been able to work out and stay fit. Worked on a job long hours. The since Dec 2016 I have been working out in a gym and have my diet under control resulting in a 70lbs weight loss. I have been taking supplements not sure if I can say from where (don't want t break any rules). For the first time in my life I can start to see my side abs forming. I have had gains in my chest, arms, legs and neck. I think the term I am using is correct I feel that I am "leaning out". Seems like I am now trading fat weight loss for muscle weight. I am fine with that but my goal is 185lbs. I workout in the mornings for an hour to an hour and 20mins. 4 days a week, taking Weds and the weekends off. I am active on the weekends (5ks,Tough Mudder, hunting and farm work). I try to intake 200 grams of protein a day, take multi Vitamins and eat fairly health a cheat day a couple times a month.

My goal of 185lbs and to be cut, not huge be look big when I flex.I know this probably sounds crazy to be asking here but I have no one to ask questions to. There is SO much online about diet,workout and supplements I thought that asking here might open my eyes to the direction I need to go. With that said here we go;

1. What supplements would be good to use?

2. Best place to find diet program?

3. Whey Protein power to use?

4. Any advice for me that might help?

Please feel free to ask me questions if it helps. Again thanks for your time.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

I am 50 years old male 5'9" 204lbs. Most of my life I have not been able to work out and stay fit. Worked on a job long hours. The since Dec 2016 I have been working out in a gym and have my diet under control resulting in a 70lbs weight loss. I have been taking supplements not sure if I can say from where (don't want t break any rules). For the first time in my life I can start to see my side abs forming. I have had gains in my chest, arms, legs and neck. I think the term I am using is correct I feel that I am "leaning out". Seems like I am now trading fat weight loss for muscle weight. I am fine with that but my goal is 185lbs. I workout in the mornings for an hour to an hour and 20mins. 4 days a week, taking Weds and the weekends off. I am active on the weekends (5ks,Tough Mudder, hunting and farm work). I try to intake 200 grams of protein a day, take multi Vitamins and eat fairly health a cheat day a couple times a month.

My goal of 185lbs and to be cut, not huge be look big when I flex.I know this probably sounds crazy to be asking here but I have no one to ask questions to. There is SO much online about diet,workout and supplements I thought that asking here might open my eyes to the direction I need to go. With that said here we go;

I would direct you to the supplement section for lots of help... the company reps will have great advice regarding their products.
for now I will give you some general answers..

1. fish oil and maybe a little DHEA
2. check in the nutrition section of these forums again there will be lots of info to wade through but you need to learn about it anyhow so spend some time reading up on things that grab your attention, like "keto" or "Intermittent fasting"
3. use the brand that tastes best to you... you will get what u pay for so make sure you look to reputable brands, typically not the stuff u find at walmart
4. stick to your goals and don't shoot too high, this stuff takes a lot of time AND consistency, you have to put in the work. that includes learning about supplements, diet, and training. WELCOME TO AM and good luck on your journey to success!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

1) Stick to some basic supps: SNS Creatine Mono, fish oil, and a good multi (I like orange triad). If you want to go deeper down the line, you could look into some fat burners (SNS Lean Edge, TTA-500, etc) and natural anabolics (SNS Xgels, Mykem Magnitropin, CEL Epi-Plex, etc)

2) Keep your diet simple! Use an online calculator to find your tdee and then set your macros. A good ratio to start for weight loss/muscle is 1.5g/lb protein, .2g/lb fat, and the rest carbs. Stick to reasonably "clean" foods mostly but don't be afraid to have a good cheat now and then (good mentally for consistency and also good for your body to mix it up a bit). If you're gaining fat (use the mirror more than the scale), lower your calories (remove some carbs first), if you're losing weight too fast, add some cals... simple

3)There's so many options on the market, its really more about flavor haha. PES Select is one of my personal favorites for its blend (not just whey).

4) Don't jump straight into the deep end... make smaller changes and sustain them before making more or bigger ones. This whole game is a marathon and not a sprint, so dont get caught up in crash diets, insane lifting programs, cutting out all of certain types of food, etc... These make it more difficult and your chances of sticking with it in the long term are much slimmer. Don't forget to live your life!

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Congratulations on your weight loss so far!! If you continue with the same dedication that got you down 70 pounds, I have no doubt that you'll succeed!!

C3RACER

C3RACER

Awards
Thanks guys I really appreciate the help. So I see some brand names. I have been taking Steel 1-Andro AF (1month) and Shredded AF. Before this month I was taking Steel Alpha AF the switched. I take an Omega 3 Fish Oil.. Will look into the Orange Triad been taking Alive Chew-able Multi-vitamin.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

Hey bro,

1 - For general health (easier to train well if your in good health) I personally like garlic, cinnamon, green/matcha tea extract, vit d, fish oil and zinc/magnesium. For performance creatine mono.

2 - personally I just track food/calorie intake and aim for a 40:30:30 macro split (when leaning out - I operate better on lower carbs than others though....macro split is often personal. Agree with comment above about looking at and research keto, IF etc if you like the idea try it and see how you feel - best diet is one you can adhere to. As long as your target calories are aligned with your goal you can’t go far wrong.

3 - look for protein content percentage. Unless your deliberately buying an all in one (blend of carbs, vits, aminos etc) then my view is aim for 90% plus protein content (I buy my carb source separately and add the quantity I want).

4 - as above. Time and consistency. Enjoy the process pal

Good luck

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Thanks guys I really appreciate the help. So I see some brand names. I have been taking Steel 1-Andro AF (1month) and Shredded AF. Before this month I was taking Steel Alpha AF the switched. I take an Omega 3 Fish Oil.. Will look into the Orange Triad been taking Alive Chew-able Multi-vitamin.
wait you're on cycle?... thats a pretty extreme differnce between where we all assumed you were (no supp knowledge)

plaese tell me you have proper supports and a pct planned????

C3RACER

C3RACER

Awards
Well. I with sounding like an idiot. Not 100% sure what you are talking about. Supports? PCT?

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
How screwed am i?
well, you're taking a pro-hormone, you have no on cycle supports which will help save your organs and keep your blood pressure and cholesterol and such in check, you havent considered that you will be shutting down your natural testosterone production, and once you finish that product, you will have no or very low natural test, possible estrogen issues, on top of whatever organ issues could arise... You've really messed up.

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
For a CYCLE support get CEL CYCLE ASSIST and CEL TUDCA. Protect your liver and organs at all costs!

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Sorry mate, my reply before was based on you wanting some natty general guidance (don’t get me wrong, it’s still solid advice but not the pirority you need to sort)

As booneman77 has pointed out you defo need to sort on cycle and pct supports (I’ve not run my first pro hormone cycle yet but been researching it for the past 6 months).

I’m starting in the next two weeks and from the wealth of knowledge on AM I’m clear on what’s needed. As a minimum you need something like CEL cycle assist and some sort of serm (clomid or nolvadex) for pct (post cycle therapy)....

Honestly mate, spend some time searching threads. Everything you need is here and your body will thank you for doing so...

Chasingtails

Awards
In addition to the help you’ve gotten thus far, I also want to add that the steel products you mentioned are quite underdosed. With 1 and 4 andro, you need at least 330mgs/day (you can drop the 4 down a little though). Preferably for an eight week cycle. As others have said, a full pct is necessary with nolva or clomid