New Study Shows Omega-6 Fat Arachidonic Acid Builds Muscle

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
LAS VEGAS, July 11, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Molecular Nutrition (MN) announced today clinical study results for their X-Factor™ arachidonic acid (ARA) supplement. Under controlled conditions in the University of Tampa's Human Performance Research Lab, supplementation of ARA for eight weeks significantly increased lean body mass, muscle thickness, strength, and anaerobic power in experienced resistance-trained men. These findings were unveiled at the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) conference in Las Vegas, NV.

Arachidonic acid is an omega-6 fatty acid. It is found in many foods including eggs, beef, chicken, and fish. ARA is one of the most biologically important fatty acids; playing key roles in the immune system, memory and learning, bone mineral density, and cardiovascular health. MN CEO William Llewellyn first proposed that supplemental ARA would support skeletal muscle growth more than a decade ago. This study validates his original hypothesis, and provides very clear support for the use of ARA supplements in sports.

Thirty college-aged men were recruited for the study, and randomized into two groups. The men in the first group were given 1,500 mg of ARA daily, and the other an identical-looking placebo. All men followed a periodized resistance-training program for 8 weeks. At the end of the study, the group supplementing ARA reported significantly greater gains in lean body mass (3.6 lbs. vs. 0.2 lbs.). They also noticed an 88% greater increase in muscle thickness (.47 cm vs. .25 cm), and added significantly more strength to bench press and leg press (110 lbs. vs. 76 lbs.). Lastly, wingate peak anaerobic power was dramatically improved with ARA (78W vs. 28W), a 275% greater increase.

"This study has demonstrated in a controlled setting the type of remarkable results we've noticed with athletes and bodybuilders for many years now," said William Llewellyn. "Arachidonic acid is a key link between the mechanical stress of resistance training, and the biological repair process that comes in afterwards to facilitate protein synthesis and growth. This gives us an exceptionally effective opportunity for increasing muscle mass and strength. ARA supplementation should provide a distinct advantage for bodybuilders, and athletes in all sports where strength and power are decisive variables."

About Molecular Nutrition

Molecular Nutrition is a sports nutrition research and development company. X-Factor™ is available through many supplement retailers and distributors. For more information visit www.MNBody.com. Arachidonic acid (ARASYN™) is a patented sports nutrition ingredient. Interested companies should contact [email protected].

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
CheslinK

CheslinK

Awards
Thank you for the sources! I just bought 2 bottles from another planet recently and hope to enjoy them to the full extent of the claims mentioned. Will also be logging the goodies, I expect in September or October.

Do you guys ever do logging promotions, so I can keep an eye out in the future?

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thank you for the sources! I just bought 2 bottles from another planet recently and hope to enjoy them to the full extent of the claims mentioned. Will also be logging the goodies, I expect in September or October.

Do you guys ever do logging promotions, so I can keep an eye out in the future?
Always happy to help, and thank you for your purchase!

We do logging opps from time to time, but usually on new products. X-Factor has been out so long, and with hundreds of very positive logs and reviews over the past 11 years. Present day, we don't do many logging opportunities on it.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Part III of Monica M series on ARA, looking at recent studies:

Arachidonic Acid (ARA) Part III: Effects On Muscle Growth, Strength & Performance.
"The impetus for human studies on the effect of ARA supplementation on muscle growth and strength gains came from early studies on isolated animal muscle and muscle cell culture. It was found that an increase in ARA flux through the COX enzyme (either induced by stretch or ARA supplementation) promotes production of the prostaglandins PGF2-alpha and PGE2 in muscle tissue, and that PGF2-alpha potently stimulates muscle protein synthesis while PGE2 stimulates muscle degradation. What do the human studies say? "
MORE!

http://www.brinkzone.com/articles/arachidonic-acid-ara-does-it-increase-muscle-growth-and-strength-gains-in-humans/

KingLeonidas9

KingLeonidas9

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Don't know if you remember I picture I posted a few months back when Xfactor was on sale on nutra.. I bought 6 bottles. I just went through 2 bottles and after 50 days i added 50 pounds to my squat and 20 to my bench =). That was the happiest moment of my lifting life =D. Got a lot of stuff going on but once December comes around I'll be doing another 50 day run.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Don't know if you remember I picture I posted a few months back when Xfactor was on sale on nutra.. I bought 6 bottles. I just went through 2 bottles and after 50 days i added 50 pounds to my squat and 20 to my bench =). That was the happiest moment of my lifting life =D. Got a lot of stuff going on but once December comes around I'll be doing another 50 day run.
Amazing feedback, and pretty much spot on with what the subjects of the clinical trial experienced in terms of strength gains. Enjoy your future cycles, and thank you for your support of MN!

CheslinK

CheslinK

Awards
6 bottles? Damn you must really be confident in the product! I bought 2 for that 50 day test run and was initially only going to buy 1. I'm excited to log it, but am planning to run it around October after an epicatechin product, and whilst bulking so I have a bit of time before I break open a bottle.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
6 bottles? Damn you must really be confident in the product! I bought 2 for that 50 day test run and was initially only going to buy 1. I'm excited to log it, but am planning to run it around October after an epicatechin product, and whilst bulking so I have a bit of time before I break open a bottle.
You'll be really pleased with X-Factor. It is once in a blue moon we hear from a disappointed customer.

KingLeonidas9

KingLeonidas9

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Amazing feedback, and pretty much spot on with what the subjects of the clinical trial experienced in terms of strength gains. Enjoy your future cycles, and thank you for your support of MN!
I think i was one of the lucky MOFOS that didn't have any DOMS while on X-Factor. Was one of my biggest fear but i only had doms 3x on the 50 days and they were all on leg day lol. But nothing too bad.

Yep it was way too cheap NOT to buy them! It was my first time using as well but i was confident, I have yet to read a negative review about it and for a product that has been out for so long now it would had been dumb of me to not jump on it.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
With X-Factor you arent taking a chance on some new hyped up supplement. You're using a clinically validated, patented muscle builder that has an enormous amount of safety and efficacy literature, in addition to 11 yrs of overwhelmingly positive anecdotal feedback.

I think i was one of the lucky MOFOS that didn't have any DOMS while on X-Factor. Was one of my biggest fear but i only had doms 3x on the 50 days and they were all on leg day lol. But nothing too bad.

Yep it was way too cheap NOT to buy them! It was my first time using as well but i was confident, I have yet to read a negative review about it and for a product that has been out for so long now it would had been dumb of me to not jump on it.
We are doing our best to keep these crazy good deals at our customers fingertips at all times!