new bicep routine help

maxx77

Awards
looking for a new bicep routine. any suggestions? biceps are usually the only muscle group i play by ear in the weight room twice a week.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Chin ups, Rack Chins , Krok Rows, Bent Over Rows, Barbell Curls.

owlicks

owlicks

Awards
I don't think there is any better mass builder for biceps than straight bar curls with some cheating on the final reps of the last couple sets. Also, your biceps will inevitably grow if you are doing weighted pull-ups. Also a fan of seated incline dumbbell curls. Other than that I feel like most bicep isolation exercises are a waste of time.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
i do krok and bent overs for back. ive never been a chin up person can do like 2 lol
Practice them more, it is a really good exercise for Lats and it does engage the biceps. Barbell curls with the elbows close to your core (rather pinned to your core) and shouldeblades back makes a perfect contraction when exercising full ROM and no cheating.

Dru32

Awards
I'm a big fan of db hammer curls on the preacher or bent over an incline bench. Go extra slow on the negative for a real burn. I also perform 21's or db burnout 45s down at the end of my bicep sessions.

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
do movements that flex the elbow and you should be golden.

LivingStrongE

Awards
I find concentration curls get the job done also. I usually twist my wrist at the peak of the exercise to target the biceps harder.

maxx77

Awards
There's your problem right there.
Im just not stong enough for my body weigh to do good pull ups with out help so ive always ignored them. Ill start doing them with help to get better.

boogyman

Awards
do assisted chins until you can do a good set. If you have access to a way to do chins for most of the day, you can try doing half of what you can do for a set, but a few times a day everyday. For instance, work your way up to 5-6 chins. Then do sets of 3 chins, but 3-5 times a day every day. Ypu should be able to add 1 rep a week for a few weeks, then take a week or 2 break from it and do it again. I did this on and off a lot when younger, and I got to the point where I could do tons of bodyweight pullups or chinups. Best way to "jumpstart" bodyweight movements like pullsups and dips IMO.

maxx77

Awards
do assisted chins until you can do a good set. If you have access to a way to do chins for most of the day, you can try doing half of what you can do for a set, but a few times a day everyday. For instance, work your way up to 5-6 chins. Then do sets of 3 chins, but 3-5 times a day every day. Ypu should be able to add 1 rep a week for a few weeks, then take a week or 2 break from it and do it again. I did this on and off a lot when younger, and I got to the point where I could do tons of bodyweight pullups or chinups. Best way to "jumpstart" bodyweight movements like pullsups and dips IMO.
Ill deff try this