Never Listen to Milas about RecoverPro

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
Wait so bdcc wtf why didn't u look at the serving size urself???? Im still confused how Milas is faulted.... before I buy something I ask advice but I also do my own sight seeing as well...

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
:thinking:

I guess that is a fair and accurate statement, no?

<My stepfather is English and he ends everything in a question>

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Way too professional and courteous response. He's British, he prefers more chipper conversation from us muggles. Is that the best AI can throw at this? Pshaw!
Shall we treat him like Gail the snail?

:lmao:

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Guys, guys, guys! I was going to invite you all to a thread to hang out, but now I don't want to hang out with you anymore.

...errr...so do you guys wanna go?

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Guys, guys, guys! I was going to invite you all to a thread to hang out, but now I don't want to hang out with you anymore.

...errr...so do you guys wanna go?
YAH! YAH, stxnas! YAH!

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wait so bdcc wtf why didn't u look at the serving size urself???? Im still confused how Milas is faulted.... before I buy something I ask advice but I also do my own sight seeing as well...
It's all a hoax, BDCC ran out of witty ways to come back to my British humour, so he resorted to character assassination and aryuvedic voodoo.

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I tried my first tub of RecoverPro in lemon. It is barely more expensive than bulk powder BCAAs in England that aren't flavoured and came with a free shaker so I was happy.

Milas convinced me to try the raspberry option because it tastes so delicious. If you take a few scoops intra workout like I do the taste is extremely sweet and sickly. I much preferred lemon.

So, I bought another tub of lemon flavour recently and noticed this;

Lemon flavour
1kg tub
4:1:1 ratio with 6g total BCAAs per serving
Serving size 6.8g
Servings per container 147

Raspberry flavour
1kg tub
4:1:1 ratio with 6g total BCAAs per serving
Serving size 8g
Servings per container 125

22 more servings in the lemon flavour with the same amount of BCAAs in each. I didn't notice this online as the websites I buy from do not supply nutritional information on more than one label. I didn't realise the discrepancy and although raspberry would have to use more flavours etc I didn't think it would add up to this much of a difference.

Just to make anyone aware who wasn't already.

Never take advice from Milas!

P.S., the lemon I buy from the biggest distributor in the UK is the old style so maybe it has changed with the new label.
LOL at the title...i cant decide if u should be repped or negged:p

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
LOL at the title...i cant decide if u should be repped or negged:p
Not sure if deserves reps...or negs...

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Only one version of the label is shown online. It wasn't until I looked at the label once it arrived that I realised the difference. I have said this already. I am surprised you didn't see it as you do so much research. :p

P.S. for anyone who is unsure, I wouldn't take the accusatory manner of this thread too seriously lol. Something tells me I might have to repost this a few times if the thread continues for a lot more pages lol.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
22 servings is a lot to lose between one lemon flavour and the next. I would expect that much of a discrepancy if you were turning unflavoured into 'very berry chocolate watermelon' lol.

Losing 22 servings worth of amino on a lemon flavour upgrade. The black tub must be dangerously sweet lol. I hope the white version stays in stock over here. :)

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like its the problem of the website you ordered from

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
:thinking:

I guess that is a fair and accurate statement, no?

<My stepfather is English and he ends everything in a question>
Out of all of the English stereotypes I have never heard this one lol.

As it is based on one person it is like me saying "I knew an American guy once, he used to wear his underwear over his trousers and wash in a puddle" lol :)

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Milas, I stand firm that lemon flavour is the way to go but there is one thing I will take back.

I will take back my comment about PES reps being the best looking. I saw a photo of MidwestBeast and his beard is glorious. It looks exactly like this.

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm Ron Burgundy?

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

As it is based on one person it is like me saying "I knew an American guy once, he used to wear his underwear over his trousers and wash in a puddle" lol :)
You knew Quail-Man?!

Milas, I stand firm that lemon flavour is the way to go but there is one thing I will take back.

I will take back my comment about PES reps being the best looking. I saw a photo of MidwestBeast and his beard is glorious. It looks exactly like this.

lol since you know me on facebook, you're one of the few who actually understands how close to true this really is :yup:

I'm Ron Burgundy?
Great. Now you're English, too?

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I tried to make a poster saying "DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN'S FLAVOURING ADVICE, HE HAS A VERY SWEET TOOTH!" but when I cropped the yellow face from his avatar the resolution was too low for me to enlarge.

I am not even sure it is his real face...

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I tried to make a poster saying "DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN'S FLAVOURING ADVICE, HE HAS A VERY SWEET TOOTH!" but when I cropped the yellow face from his avatar the resolution was too low for me to enlarge.I am not even sure it is his real face
Why so serious?

eddiejerom

Awards
I also ordered the old recover pro lemon flavour and i think it's disgusting compared to Xtend flavours, do you not find it quite chemicaly tasting?
Also it does not mix very well at all...well, compared to xtend.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I also ordered the old recover pro lemon flavour and i think it's disgusting compared to Xtend flavours, do you not find it quite chemicaly tasting?
This isn't relevant at all!

Quick, start making fun of someone!

:rofl:

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

trousers? what the hell is a trouser?

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I prefer the lemon flavour (white tub) to raspberry. I haven't tried the black tub of the lemon flavour but if it has the same amount of added sweeteners as the raspberry flavour I don't think I would be able to handle it. I might buy some in bulk and mix them as it has been suggested so far.

I have never tried Xtend though so can't compare. RecoverPro has my business for being the cheapest flavoured BCAA powder I can find.

trousers? what the hell is a trouser?
In America you call them pants I think. :)

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
For anyone who read this thread for the information on RecoverPro it turns out the newer labels (black tub) have a reformulated lemon flavour which has the same BCAA content per serving per tub i.e., no discrepancies at all.

The old white tub of RecoverPro wasn't as sweet which is why there is a difference between the two I was comparing. You guys are probably less likely to see old tubs as stock turn around in the UK is inevitably slower than in the USA for your companies.

For everyone else who was in the thread for the banter, feel free to carry on. :p

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It depends, do you trust the flavouring advice from someone who eats haggis?

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Haha, haggis is Scottish!

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
For anyone who read this thread for the information on RecoverPro it turns out the newer labels (black tub) have a reformulated lemon flavour which has the same BCAA content per serving per tub i.e., no discrepancies at all.

The old white tub of RecoverPro wasn't as sweet which is why there is a difference between the two I was comparing. You guys are probably less likely to see old tubs as stock turn around in the UK is inevitably slower than in the USA for your companies.

For everyone else who was in the thread for the banter, feel free to carry on. :p

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Haha, haggis is Scottish!
I thought y'all were a "United Kingdom"? That's like saying what someone does in Texas isn't American!

Besides, the Scotts have the best part of the island where they make fantastic libations and "the water of life", SCOTCH!!!

VeeSix

Awards
In all honesty, the 'typical British person' has disappeared. Not one to sound xenophobic but i'd wager that there are more Eastern Europeans and Middle-Eastern migrants in the UK than those 'stereotypes' now.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In all honesty, the 'typical British person' has disappeared. Not one to sound xenophobic but i'd wager that there are more Eastern Europeans and Middle-Eastern migrants in the UK than those 'stereotypes' now.
Don't anger Milas...You don't want to see him angry...

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Don't anger Milas...You don't want to see him angry...
His yellow face in the avatar turns green when he is angry?

This is a whole new definition for 'coloured' people lol.

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
hmmm.... good point...

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
His yellow face in the avatar turns green when he is angry?

This is a whole new definition for 'coloured' people lol.

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wow this thread really multiplied....did someone spill water on it or wut? Just don't post in it after midnight, pls...or baaaad things will happen...jus sayin ;)
....brb, emailing thread link to NP & ADMIN to be the featured thread in the next AM newsletter....Ben is on FIRE!!**

*figuratively not literally.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In your typical English food post you have baked beans. Do you not have Heinz baked beans in America? It was founded there.

I searched for "most popular American foods" and these came up in a tongue and cheek article as the top 10 things "only America could have invented". I hadn't heard of most of them. Thoughts?
- Corn dog
- Philly cheesesteak
- "Chinese food" lol
- S'mores
- Reuben sandwich
- Cobb salad
- Baked alaska
- Buffalo wings
- Turducken
- Chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream