NeuroSteroids- intranasal pregnenolone

BrainWavez

Awards
Hi! Does anyone have experience with Neurosteroids? Like DHEA, Pregnenolone Allopregnenolone,…?

I found a study https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31755558/ with intranasal pregnenolone and was going to try to make a nasal spray. They are using a proprietary gel.

I’m not sure how to dissolve it. I’m thinking ethanol and then distilled water.

Anyone tried anything like this?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
iconic formulations has transdermal pregnenolone [neuro p5]....i've applied it to forehead and temples before and it was a pretty nice buzz affect---i'm a fan of preg, maybe @delsolrob or @nostrum420 could give you some idea's---a nasal preg sounds interesting.

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Hi! Does anyone have experience with Neurosteroids? Like DHEA, Pregnenolone Allopregnenolone,…?

I found a study https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31755558/ with intranasal pregnenolone and was going to try to make a nasal spray. They are using a proprietary gel.

You're gonna end up with some gross and/or painful stuff to put up your nose.

Typically you'd need something pretty water-soluble to attempt a nasal spray; that's why most nasal sprays are salts.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
You're gonna end up with some gross and/or painful stuff to put up your nose.

Typically you'd need something pretty water-soluble to attempt a nasal spray; that's why most nasal sprays are salts.
does sound interesting though-eh?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, I was just thinking about what it would take to make sodium-pregnenolone.
count me as interested...preg to da head is kinda cool-intra nasal could be a thing :unsure:

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Coming soon - Intra nasal high stim pre workout so you can really snort pre workout lol

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Coming soon - Intra nasal high stim pre workout so you can really snort pre workout lol
A weird OT; I lost a bet once and had to snort 200 mg of AMP citrate powder. Not fun, lol. Oh the days of youth..

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar

You can find a lot of general info and discussion on dhea and pregnenolone by using those words and Dermacrine in the search function. Of topical and oral use.

BrainWavez

Awards
I found some information:

It’s solubility

doi:10.1002/jps.3030400117

soluble in ethyl alcohol at 19mg/ml

0.019 gram per cc ethanol
0.081 gram per cc benzyl alcohol

This study they dissolve it in sodium dodecyl sulfate, but then add it with peanut oil for injection.

0.2% sodium dodecyl sulfate (SDS)

Pregnenolone (Preg) (Sigma-Aldrich) was dissolved in a minimal volume of 0.5% SDS and resuspended in peanut oil. The vehicle solution was a minimal amount of 0.5% SDS in peanut oil. All injections were performed with a 5 ml/kg injection volume.

BrainWavez

Awards
I found some information:

It’s solubility

doi:10.1002/jps.3030400117

soluble in ethyl alcohol at 19mg/ml

0.019 gram per cc ethanol
0.081 gram per cc benzyl alcohol

This study they dissolve it in sodium dodecyl sulfate, but then add it with peanut oil for injection.

0.2% sodium dodecyl sulfate (SDS)

Pregnenolone (Preg) (Sigma-Aldrich) was dissolved in a minimal volume of 0.5% SDS and resuspended in peanut oil. The vehicle solution was a minimal amount of 0.5% SDS in peanut oil. All injections were performed with a 5 ml/kg injection volume.

BrainWavez

Awards
I found this:

Doesn’t seem like it is for sale.

Ingredients: Sterile Saline, BA, Pregnenolone Powder.

What do you think “BA” is?
Bacteriostatic water?

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I found this:

Doesn’t seem like it is for sale.

Ingredients: Sterile Saline, BA, Pregnenolone Powder.

What do you think “BA” is?
Bacteriostatic water?
BA is Benzyl alcohol.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Question; why a nasal spray and not a topical or oral supp?

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
In this study https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31755558/

It shows it targets the brain directly on the same side as nostril applied.

I’m thinking I can use a smaller amount, than other routes of administration, and get rapid results.
On same side as nostril applied? Didn't undesrstand.. ?

Oral administration should give rapid effects too. And topical needs smaller amount (than oral). And plenty of oral and topical preg readily available, that's just why I'm asking.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
On same side as nostril applied? Didn't undesrstand.. ?

Oral administration should give rapid effects too. And topical needs smaller amount (than oral). And plenty of oral and topical preg readily available, that's just why I'm asking.
i highly suggest applying neuro P5 [topical preg] directly to forehead/temple area. :)

MERRY CHRISTMAS

BrainWavez

Awards
In the study it is applied to one nostril and shown to only reach the side of the brain 🧠 it is applied. It doesn’t have to travel through the entire body/systemically.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
In the study it is applied to one nostril and shown to only reach the side of the brain 🧠 it is applied. It doesn’t have to travel through the entire body/systemically.
Hmm, that's interesting. Maybe there are receptors on both sides, but does it matter where they are activated? 🤷‍♂️ I dunno, just spit balling. And too lazy to read the study right now. I only know about the left and right side of the brain having different properties, like logical/analytical thinking (left) vs creative/'artistic' (right). Don't know how inserting preg to only one side of the brain will affect. If that indeed is what's happening with nasal application and if it's even possible.

Last edited:
thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
back in the day i had access to pure mescaline before it had been cut and capped...the amount needed was very small, many times in snorted it up 1 nostril and it worked magnificently....of course that was a different lifetime. 😇

pixel8mb

Awards
I read that study and wondered the same thing, why one nostril? It seems they were measuring the amount of Preg in the brain after administering it via one nostril, and found higher amounts in the same side of the brain as the side of nostril used when administering the spray, and that proved that the nasal administration was effective in getting Preg into the brain... I think they compared it to other methods of administration like IV, which resulted in higher amounts of Preg in both sides of the brain... That's my guess anyway...
In the study it is applied to one nostril and shown to only reach the side of the brain 🧠

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
solidsnake IGF-1/GH 10
StarScream66 Anabolics 9
Anabolics 4
tyga tyga Nootropics 32
Anabolics 2