Mike1605

Awards
Well heres the situtation. Ill start with stats

as of may 13 2008, I was

22 years old.
5'11''
222lbs
23%BF

I wanted to lean up as i was about a year into MMA and wanted to start seriously looking into fighting. So i wanted to get into the 185 weight class. here are my current stats

195 lbs
15% BF

Im finishing up the last of my ECA stack for this month. Im hoping to get down to 190 by the first of the year. All my life i have been in the low to mid 20% BF range so being this "small" was really a mind **** for me. So my current goal now that im around my goal of 10% BF is to start a cycle of something that will give me a good amount of strength. im looking for maybe a 60% strength to 40% size or somewhere around there. so basically im not looking for complete hypertrophy. I will be doing a 5x5 routine twice a week for strength and also MMA twice a week. I ran a cycle of the OG halodrol back when it came out so this will be my second cycle.

my question is what would you guys suggest coming from someone that just cut around 33 LBS since May? again, im looking for a little more strength then size but i wouldn't mind putting about 8 LBs of LBM on. that will still keep me in the weight class of 185 since when the time comes for me to have my first fight, i can drop down to about 9% BF and i should still be ok for 185. So what do you guys think?

Here a current snapshot of my diet on any given day.

Tuesday- (Late MMA)

Breakfast- 1 whole egg, 2 egg whites, handful spinach, 1 turkey patty, 2 slices ezekial break.
Snack- Either low GI fruit, mixed nuts, or raw vegetable.
Lunch- Boneless, skinless chicken breast and vegetables
Before training- Shake (green tea, protein powder, flax seed, cup of frozen mixed berries, Banana, Greens supp, 5g Creatine.)
After training- Surge PWO shake and 5g creatine.
Dinner- One of the fallowing, Eggs, Chicken breast or canned tuna in water and fat free cottage

I appreciate any comments or help. thanks guys.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What state are you in first off and when do you plan to fight? I'm asking these because alot of these substances will show up. (Yes i fight)

Really what I'd advise based on your situation is make your cut to 185lbs see how much BF% your carrying then decide if you want to cycle. You need to see how you feel at that weight sparring grappling etc before you can decide what you want to do if your really serious about MMA.

Mike1605

Mike1605

Awards
Im in Illinois but i dont see myself fighting for atleast another year. Right now as i mentioned im at around 195 (after the 33LB cut) and I still feel great. lots of energy in the gym etc. Only thing i have noticed since my weight cut is the obvious loss in some strength. thus the reason for me thinking about starting a cycle.

That being said, when i do roll with people that are my weight and more muscular then me, I have no promlem going toe to toe with them on a strength level. not trying to toote my own horn but i have always been pretty strong for my size. so even with a weight loss of 33 LBs and counting, I really didnt get "weak".

thanks for the advice mixed. Ill see where im at weight wise in january.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
No problem so whos' gym you at i know mma is pretty big in your state

Mike1605

Mike1605

Awards
No problem so whos' gym you at i know mma is pretty big in your state
Right now im at at a gym called victory ran by Dion Riccardo. Torres's gym is about a half hour from me so im thinking about checking out his place too.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Right now im at at a gym called victory ran by Dion Riccardo. Torres's gym is about a half hour from me so im thinking about checking out his place too.
I'd love to get a chance to traine with Torres's but i'm under Cesar's Flag so can't complain

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
i cant imagine you will have any trouble losing weight with that diet...my annoying gf eats more than that and she weighs 110lbs...is that like 1500 cal a day...id try one of the haladrol clones again if your dead set on running something...but i gotta tell ya i dont care what you run your not gonna see a whole lot of gains eating so little...but for your needs it just might work out

Mike1605

Mike1605

Awards
Yea Im not a big eater. Thats why I really dont know how i have always been in the 20% BF range. All i did was cut a few hundred cals to lose the 33 LBS. I just have a killer sweet tooth at about 10 o clock at night and I cut all that. I just eat pussy instead:thumbsup:

I have thought about that though. I will have to make myself eat when i run a cycle...