need help with bcaa powder (nutraplanet bulk)

pinchharmonic

pinchharmonic

Awards
  • Established
I've had two different bcaa powders,

1.) sci-fit
2.) supplements direct

-sci-fit was a coarse powder, with absolutely no taste, and perfect mixability.

-supplements direct does not mix at all, and tastes so horrible I want to puke. I can stomach bad stuff, and I can't handle the taste of that. anyone known is supplements direct gets their crap from china?

So my question is, how is the nutraplanet bulk bcaa? The price is much better, but I'll get sci-fit if it's hard to mix and tastes bad.

thanks!

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
They say they had a problem with the most recent batch. I got a bottle of it and was not pleased. Mixability was very poor and it tasted like smoke. Covering it with 2 crystal light packs is bearable, but mixability doesn't improve.

Many users say they're stuff is normally fine, though.
Just spend the extra bucks and get xtend

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well we've usually had milled-BCAA white is pretty finely crushed although it still doesn't mix well and is slightly bitter. We just had a brief batch that was unmilled, and I'm stuck with a kilo of it but the good news is we're all out of it so back to the regular mixed stuff.

I would bet SD get's their stuff from China. I don't think it tastes that bad TBH.

crazilyfter42

Awards
Nutras doesnt mix very well either. But for the price you can't beat it. Man up and just use a spoon than chase it w/ water. If your using it to sip intra workout than your kind of out of luck.

tribaltek

tribaltek

All Traps - No Tris
Awards
  • Established
Sci-fit makes sh!tty supps anyways. I wouldn't even trust them with a multi-vitamin.

I use Nutra BCAA bulk and it mixes decently and tastes pretty nasty, but it works, and that's all I care about.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sorry, guys...with the exception of milling into super fine particles, the mixability and taste is just the nature of the beast.

Something grainy with no taste claiming to be BCAAs would be HIGHLY suspicious, IMO.

Chefdeez

Chefdeez

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sorry, guys...with the exception of milling into super fine particles, the mixability and taste is just the nature of the beast.

Something grainy with no taste claiming to be BCAAs would be HIGHLY suspicious, IMO.
Yeah I honestly wouldn't trust any pure BCAA powder that tastes like nothing. Bulk BCAA's taste like a fat chick's ass no matter where you get them from.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

I was thinking the exact same thing as I was reading through this thread...Leucine, isoleucine, and valine are non-polar, hence, the poor mixability. Just add more water and a few ice cubes in a shaker and have at it.
Yeah I honestly wouldn't trust any pure BCAA powder that tastes like nothing. Bulk BCAA's taste like a fat chick's ass no matter where you get them from.
Thanks, I knew it was a familiar taste...I just couldn't place it :ntome:

Chefdeez

Chefdeez

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was thinking the exact same thing as I was reading through this thread...Leucine, isoleucine, and valine are non-polar, hence, the poor mixability. Just add more water and a few ice cubes in a shaker and have at it.

Thanks, I knew it was a familiar taste...I just couldn't place it :ntome:
Not from experience of course lol

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Err....uh....me either :run:

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established

LG's new bc+eaa mixes awesome and has a great taste. IMHO, it mixes and tastes better than XTEND.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

I was thinking the same as well, sounds like maybe you had Glutamine instead of BCAA's.

Add a packet of Crystal Light to the bulk BCAA's. My favourite to be honest is just throwing in a scoop of green mag though, gives you creatine and flavouring.

pinchharmonic

pinchharmonic

Awards
  • Established
thanks everyone,

yea the sci fit bcaa, which is pretty popular on bb.com, had the consistency of glutamine except a bit grainier. no taste whatsoever. Not even that slightly "sweet" taste some aminos have like taurine and glutamine..

i think i was had.

anyway, supplements direct is based out of san louis obispo, but they could still source their crap from china i suppose. the stuff is impossible to mix and very bitter, and a different taste that is simply disgusting.

i'll try the nutraplanet stuff, and I got a capping kit anyway so the taste/mixability should not be a problem.

thanks guys

swollwilliams

swollwilliams

Awards
  • Established
just throwing this out there, but with the availability of BCAA powders that are flavored, taste good, are proven effective, and are a real good value in terms of servings per container, (i use AXcell)- but to each his own, why get something that tastes nasty? if you are gonna spend your hard earned money it might as well taste good.. just wondering?..

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I just use Nutra's BCAA's and mix in the citrus dew flavoring with some creatine. Works fine for me.

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
Xtend watermelon is my all time favorite :)