Need advice on supplements and its affect on blood flow please!

partyman43

partyman43

Awards
  • Established
I hope someone can help me out cause I need it. I have been diagnosed with possible low blood flow on the right side of my body. About a month ago I a month and a half ago started experiencing dizzyness and lighted headed along with stomach upsetness. I was taking various supps at the time

1) JW-ALRI
2) BAM-ALRI
3) Pro Anabol-ALRI
4) Creatine
5) ZMA
6) Whey Protien
7) Chaos by AI
8) Restore-ALRI

I started feeling these symtoms about halfway through my cycle. I eliminated the Pro anabol, thinking it was that, but it never cleared up completely. Then about 2 weeks later I got really dizzy and lite headed to a point that i almost past out, but was able to throw up and I felt better. At that point I was taking only the restore part of my cycle(PCT). I stopped taking all supps except Protein, Multi vit, and Chaos. A week or two passed and I would still feel the symptoms on and off. That is when the numbess in the left side really showed up bad one day and I made a doctors appointment. My EKG was okay, but my stress test was not completly clear. I passed the treadmill part okay, but the scan came back as a blood flow problem on the left side of my body after running on the treadmill(understress).

I don't know if anyone can shed some light on this, but I would appreciate any feedback. Can supplements have an effect on blood flow like I am experiencing. Could any of those effect the heart or arteries that bad? I am thinking that an infection can be causing it, but i'm not sure. I have never had a problem with any of this before. It seems odd that it started in mid cycle and that it went along with a stomach problem.

I know am being told that I may have a clogged arterie! I have to see a cardiologist next week. I am hoping to try and avoid surgery if it is something minor. I am only 31 and I have worked physical labor my whole life. And never had even a slight problem. I am gettin the occasional heavy feeling in my left chest.

Thanks for checking out this thread and for any advice or experience you may be able to give.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
'diagnosed with possible low blood flow on the right side of my body'

Who diagnosed this? Just curious.

partyman43

partyman43

Awards
  • Established
My doctor did. He said that my blood is not flowing properly along the left side of my body. I guess that on a normal person you have stronger blood flow on the left side of your body because that is the side your heart is on. He said I could have a clogged artery.

xaneimas

xaneimas

Awards
My doctor did. He said that my blood is not flowing properly along the left side of my body. I guess that on a normal person you have stronger blood flow on the left side of your body because that is the side your heart is on. He said I could have a clogged artery.
Contrary to popular belief the heart is actually more centered than on the left side of the body. Did he say you had low flood flow on the left side of the body or from the left side of the heart...? The left ventricle receives oxygenated blood from the lungs and pumps the oxygenated blood systemically. Thus if your left ventricle is pumping improperly this could easily result in low or improper blood flow. But it could also be a clog. Do you have another appointment scheduled?

partyman43

partyman43

Awards
  • Established
Yes i do. I have a consultation with a cardiologist this week. My personal doctor said that it may have been a false reading on the Stress test, but he wasn't sure. After I talk to the cardiologist I might have to retake the stress test to make sure it was giving the proper readings. All that will be this week though. I would say that it is false readings except that I do feel a heavy feeling on the left side of my chest and i feel as though I have a little less energy. Could it be an infection(maybe of the liver)?

Thanks for the replies Xaneimas and poison!

From the left side of my body

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
Yes i do. I have a consultation with a cardiologist this week. My personal doctor said that it may have been a false reading on the Stress test, but he wasn't sure. After I talk to the cardiologist I might have to retake the stress test to make sure it was giving the proper readings. All that will be this week though. I would say that it is false readings except that I do feel a heavy feeling on the left side of my chest and i feel as though I have a little less energy. Could it be an infection(maybe of the liver)?

pretty much anything you put into your body can have an effect on the heart. Putting something to the body doesnt mean you only do this and this to your body, it has an effect on the whole body in general. Your body works as a whole. Think of it in respects to eatting. You eat, you add weight. Although due to genetics certian body parts may experience more fat gains, your body overall will add fat. Same for supplements. You take a pill, it involves the entire body. Thats why i would be careful when taking something into your body.

xaneimas

xaneimas

Awards

From the left side of my body
Your welcome...anything I can do to help. Obviously a cardiologist is gonna be the best source as he/she is a professional in the field. However I have performed many stress tests and seen many done (majored in exercise science) and it is to common an occurance for individuals to improperly prep the individual for the EKG. When this happens electrodes can come loose thus resulting in false positives. It is also possible that one or more of the electrodes was positioned wrong, this could also result in a false positive. If your doctor questions the validity of the EKG it would probably be wise to have another done just to be sure. Your symptoms unfortunately are all to common namely fatigue. There are so many factors that can affect energy levels that this symptom narrows out options down to about infinity. Dizziness is rather common as well and it can either be nothing or a sign of something very serious. With that being said having a heavy feeling in your left chest could be serious. Does the dizziness come with manual labor or if you are just sitting down relaxing? can you time it or is it sporadic? does if occur non stop? Does your family have a history of heart disease? How has your diet been throughout your life? You say you do a lot of manual labor...I know a lot of roofers, electricians, etc who have this worst diets.. Also when you go to your appointment, I would either take the supps with you or write down the active ingredients. The more info he has the better he can diagnose your problem....

partyman43

partyman43

Awards
  • Established
The EKG came back okay(it was done while running on the treadmill). I ran on a treadmill for 14 minutes with an elevated heart rate of at least 170 and my doctor was convinced at that point that nothing was wrong with the heart. The problem occured with the imaging test that the did directly afterwards that came up bad. He injected me with a dye and after 45 minutes i layed down on a table and the machine took images of my chest area. I guess it is used to track blood flow from and to the heart, bur my doc said that it showed a week blood flow after strenuois exercise.

I really haven't felt the dizziness in the last 3 weeks or the lite headedness. It is pretty much the chest feeling that happens somewhat regularly, but it is sporadic. It usually occurs after work, in the afternoon and evening. Today was a relaxing day for me, but it still comes and goes occasionally. Of course my mind could be playing tricks on me. I just don't know. My mother has a leaky heart valve in which she takes medication for daily.

I have been lifting regularly for over a year and my diet has improved drastically. I am far from the healthiest eater, but I drink lots of water and I was eating alot of protein plus taking a multi vit regularly. Prior to this past year my diet was much worse.

Thanks for the advice. I will definetly let him know about the supps I was taking. I mentioned some to my doctor, vaguely , but he didn't seem to think it was a direct problem. Of course he didn't know all of them.

partyman43

partyman43

Awards
  • Established
UPDATE..... Wasn't the heart. Had a stress echo test that showed no heart problems. We are thinking it could be Gall bladder.