NCAA Football - Any fans here?

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Not going to bother reading any of this. USC will threepeat period dot.
They very well may do that the way they're recruiting, but we still have to see how losing Norm Chow is gonna affect them.

lvtrojan

Awards
They very well may do that the way they're recruiting, but we still have to see how losing Norm Chow is gonna affect them.
Ain't gonna hurt a bit. :D

If anything Sark/Kiffin will be a bit more aggressive. :thumbsup:

Strawberry Canyon will be a warzone on 11/12/05, no question. I'd love to be there.

Brock Landers

Awards
The U is silently lurking..............wait for Coker to unleash Willie Williams.

Brock Landers

Awards
yep...parole officer told him that he cant kill anyone unless they are wearing Garnet and Gold.....

Yjyankee

More Cowbell
Awards
  • Established
I'm a true Michigan fan. I grew up there & left when I joined the Marines. Although, now that I live about 10 min. drive from LSU, I root for the Tigers too, but my blood is maize & blue!!!:thumbsup: I know MI has some great talent returning along w/ a freshman running back that verbally committed to MI when he was a sophomore in HS!! This guy is a stud! Should be an interesting year. We should win the Big 10 & make a run at the title this year IMO...

Can't wait!!!!

Yjyankee

More Cowbell
Awards
  • Established
Ohio State will lose @ the Big House, that is all....

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Texas plays Ohio State in the second game of the season. Should be a good sign of things to come for both teams later in the year.

buffb2

buffb2

Awards
Notre Dame here!! I live about 20 mins from the stadium. Ohh and i got something for ya yjyankee.

size

Awards
  • Established
Sept. 3, 2005 is a very interesting game.

Can you guess what game it is?

Boise St. visits Georgia in Athens. Boise is returning a good team and could really make a mark if they get a victory at Athens. Georgia will be interesting to see how they operate with Greene and Pollack gone. I am excited about this game and intrigued by the matchups.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
well you guys know what division and team im for ;)

Yjyankee

More Cowbell
Awards
  • Established
Sept. 3, 2005 is a very interesting game.

Can you guess what game it is?

Boise St. visits Georgia in Athens. Boise is returning a good team and could really make a mark if they get a victory at Athens. Georgia will be interesting to see how they operate with Greene and Pollack gone. I am excited about this game and intrigued by the matchups.
I see Georgia going down in that game. They won't be the powerhouse in the SEC that they were last year.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
No mention of The U till Brock shows up. I guess we'll just sneak around pre-season #10 or so.

Brock - the thought of Willie in the middle of our D gives me freaking goosebumps. Da Predator could be the best MLB at The U EVER! Now, that is saying something!

What is your over/under on points on Labor Day? I'm saying 18-20. New QB's for both teams, and weak OL's = should be one helluva D/special teams duel.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Brock - the thought of Willie in the middle of our D gives me freaking goosebumps. Da Predator could be the best MLB at The U EVER! Now, that is saying something!
This kid has some tough competition for best U backer. I'd say Ray Lewis and Dan Morgan are better for now until I see him play, just hope he doesn't kill anyone

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Some folks close to the program are saying better than Ray Ray. I'm w/ you, I'll believe it when I see it, but I'm really, really hopeful.

Yeah, and hope he doesn't kill Wyatt Sexton or Antone Smith (don't think these kids at The U don't want to send this kid a message) on Labor Day.

Brock Landers

Awards
I think we found our boy JMH.........KW 10-13, 200 and 2 tds in one half.....also....I like being #10 this year.....although I loved BB's heart and determination...we need to return to QB-U and add another to those 5 NC's

you know what they say at the U......."Big time player make big time plays"

Cant wait for labor day.......Bring on the 'Noles!!!!!!!!!!!!

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Were you at the Spring Game?
I was getting updates on my Canes forum. I was very, very nervous in the 1stQ as Kirby outplayed Kyle, but I gotta give Wright credit, he came back in the 2nd half and played well. Sounds like he locked up the job.

I heard some great praise for Willie and Devin on D. Also James Bryant at FB. But, nothing good about the OL.

IMO, with a new QB, the OL is THE most important unit this season for us. I can only hope that Winston comes back better than before, otherwise we may be in trouble w/ Wright running for his life.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
IMO, with a new QB, the OL is THE most important unit this season for us. I can only hope that Winston comes back better than before, otherwise we may be in trouble w/ Wright running for his life.
Are they using the shotgun to counter any possible clusterfucks with their OL ?

Brock Landers

Awards
I have faith in Kehoe.....he lives and dies with the OL...From what I hear Winston is alot further along in his recovery and they arent worried much....we'll see

As far as the shotgun.......Wright or Freeman have a good amount of scrambling ability...alot better then berlin or dorsey...so who knows? It could be asset if they do have to move around

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Brock - are you sure about Wright having scrambling ability?

I know Freeman does, he played in an option O in hs. But, Kyle didn't look so mobile up-close when I saw him at GTech last year.

Can you get me a ticket to the FSU game?

Brock Landers

Awards
Wright is not quick....but worlds better than berlin or dorsey. I agree Freeman is the better scrambler.

Ha....let me get mine first and I'll see what I can do for ya!

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Brock - I'm only a few hours away. I'll hold you to that!

Magickk

Magickk

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
ACC - 'Noles (Because they're the 'Noles and I LOVED Charlie Ward when he played QB there)

Big12 - Louisville Cards (Because that's my hometown) Jason Brohm is gonna be HUUUGE this season, mark my words!

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
ACC - 'Noles (Because they're the 'Noles and I LOVED Charlie Ward when he played QB there)

Big12 - Louisville Cards (Because that's my hometown) Jason Brohm is gonna be HUUUGE this season, mark my words!
At least someone on this board knows what they are talking about haha j/k... :icon_lol:

bigGUNS04

Awards
dude u said big 12...louisville- they arnt in the big 12 broham ahhahaha
they are in C-USA

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Nope, wrong. L'ville is in the Big East.

Brock - any word on a ticket for FSU?

BOHICA

BOHICA

Awards
  • Established

When did they switch conferences? This season? They were C-USA last season.

size

Awards
  • Established
When did they switch conferences? This season? They were C-USA last season.
yes. This will be Louisville's first year in the Big East. Brohm is going to pass all over the Big East defenses.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, that was the BE's response to us, VT, and BC leaving for the ACC.

bigGUNS04

Awards

Actually they are still in C-USA- they dont make the switch TILL this next fall season in about 40 days or so......

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Semantics.

Once football starts-up in the fall, they will be in the BE. That's all we are concerned about.

bigGUNS04

Awards
Semantics.

Once football starts-up in the fall, they will be in the BE. That's all we are concerned about.
exactly, but they are still in C-USA soooo....yeah.............

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
I'm a big Ohio State fan. I grew up in Columbus and really miss the fall atmosphere there. The football vibe out here in CO doesnt come anywhere close to that of Ohio, and I cant even imagine what it's like in Florida, Texas, and Cali. I like all of college football. I hate the BCS, but love that every game counts. I can remember the "almost" seasons where we'd lose that one game and I'd feel depressed for a week.

I can't wait for the season to start. I hang my block O flag up on Fri morning, wake up Sat morning and put on my Buckeye gear, the wife knows Im not doing any chores for most of the day, wait for Gameday to start, crack a beer, sit back and enjoy, then spend the night bitching at Trev Alberts through my TV screen. It's a great sport that makes me not mind the end of summer.

Yjyankee

More Cowbell
Awards
  • Established
we'll see how the Mich/Ohio game goes this year....:cheers: Huge UofM fan here. can't wait to see how they do this year!!!

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I hate OSU* more than any school out there, even more than FSU.

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
I hate OSU* more than any school out there, even more than FSU.
Boohoo
Some guy noticed my OSU hat a few weeks ago and asked me if I was an Ohio State fan. I said yes and he said he hated Ohio State. I said "Let me guess, you're a Miami fan." Of course his answer was yes.

Magickk

Magickk

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, that was the BE's response to us, VT, and BC leaving for the ACC.
The UL / Miami game last season was one of the best games I watched all season long... If they would've played at Papa John's UL would have had it ;) It was a great game...

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm a big Ohio State fan. I grew up in Columbus and really miss the fall atmosphere there. The football vibe out here in CO doesnt come anywhere close to that of Ohio, and I cant even imagine what it's like in Florida, Texas, and Cali. I like all of college football. I hate the BCS, but love that every game counts. I can remember the "almost" seasons where we'd lose that one game and I'd feel depressed for a week.

I can't wait for the season to start. I hang my block O flag up on Fri morning, wake up Sat morning and put on my Buckeye gear, the wife knows Im not doing any chores for most of the day, wait for Gameday to start, crack a beer, sit back and enjoy, then spend the night bitching at Trev Alberts through my TV screen. It's a great sport that makes me not mind the end of summer.
I can't wait to see the Texas/Ohio State game, it will be one of the best all season.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Magikk - for a normal team, I would agree. But Miami last year was so hit or miss (see UL, then UNC the next week), I dont' think so.

We really had no idea what team would show up. If it had been at the Pizza Hut, we could planted a dud, or caught fire (like we did). Last season was an odd one for us.

Binge - did you see that OSU* is now top of the class at cracksmoker (the site that tracks arrests/institutional punishments by NCAA teams)?
Congrats.

gixxman

Board Supporter
Awards
UM fan, we will battle Iowa and Ohio State for another Big Ten title...Hane at qb ann Hart at RB...our great sophmores...looks like another solid year

Brock Landers

Awards
JMH - Hopefully we can return to some consistency this year. I hated being nervous all day saturday wondering if we were going to play like we did against GT or if we were going to lay an Egg like the Clemson game. If anything is certain, we will be hearing the band play the Evil Empire theme quite a bit as our D is guaranteed to be a majro step up from last year.

Still working on the FSU tickets......

Brock Landers

Awards
JMH- I asked before but dont think you saw this in another thread - what gym do you go to in Miami?

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I'm not in S. Fla now. I wish.

I'm in Baton Rouge. Grew up in Coral Springs.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Brock - I totally feel ya. It was like Jkyle and Hyde with our team. The D will be an improvment, if Shannahan gets his head outta his ass and plays a scheme that fits our strengths. I really can't wait to see Willie Willams. He's gonna fucking tear up the FSU backfield.