NCAA Drug Testing

ironmike64

Awards
I am a div 1 college football player and I am wondering if 1-AD and and 4-AD stack would show up on an NCAA drug test? I have done alot of research and cant seem to find a straight answer but, with all the superior knowledge here I am sure someone will enlighten me.

Rebel

Banned
Awards
  • Established
hmm

The ncaa does not test everyone right??? How long does m1t and nolva stay in the system?

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
I could be wrong, but I thought they just tested for specific things like commercial drugs and then just looked for extremely high test levels. It's been a while since I've heard any officials discuss testing though.

ironmike64

Awards
How long would 1-AD and 4-AD be detectable?

hornedfrogsAT

Awards
Ok, Mikey. You wanted a straight answer and you got it. I've got the complete testing handbook in front of me right now.

Yes, you CAN be tested. The NCAA and most schools (esp. Div. 1 schools) conduct entirely random drug tests.
---- If the NCAA conducts the test, you WILL be tested for the compounds on the list, and this includes 1-AD and 4-AD.
---- If your school conducts the test, it is POSSIBLE that you will be tested for the ergogenic aids listed in the banned list, but nowhere near as likely.

Basically, I believe, what will happen is this: They conduct the standard test/epitest procedure, and then if the ratio is skewed, they test for specific compounds, which includes androstenedione (and -diol), boldenone (4-AD's converted compound), 1-Testosterone (1-AD's converted compound). In other words, if you are NCAA tested, you would be screwed; if you are school tested, you should be OK, especially if you are on scholarship, as (as bad as I hate to say it) there is a double standard between scholarship athletes and walk ons.

Specifically, the book says:
"For testosterone: if the administration of testosterone or the use of any other manipulation has the result of increasing the ratio of the total concentration to that of epitestosterone in the urine greater than 6:1, unless there is evidence that this ratio is due to a physiological or pathological condition."

(B) Anabolic Agents -
Testosterone and related compounds*

"*The term 'related compounds' comprises substances that are included in the class by their pharmacological action and/or chemical structure. No substance belonging to the prohibited class may be used, regardless of whether it is specifically listed as an example."

This means that if the ratio is skewed, you are screwed basically. I'm not entirely sure if they test during the summer, but if they don't then that is the time you want to aim for to use these products. Being fairly weak as anabolics, they should be cleared out of your system nicely by the time 2-A-Days start in early August, if you use them during late May-June, and have July as time for your PCT and cleansing.

Hope this helps.

FBWrestlerNerd

Awards
Hey,

I didn't think 4ad converted to boldione, I thought it converted to testerone and that 1,4 androstenedione and 1,4 androstenediol is what converted to boldione. Also, I didn't think there were any known tests for 1-t or 4-ad metabolites (besides the standard t/e ratio tests). Anyone know of anything different? Thanks.

FBWrestlerNerd

Awards
so anyone know and want to comment on if there are even tests for 4ad and 1-test. I have been searchign for a while on this (before this thread even), and I think the answer is no although I wouldn't mind a second opionon. Thanks.

ckbuddha

Awards
they do test for androstenediol. read the pdf link i posted. they do not specifically say they test for 1-test, but since 1-test is technically a steroid, and they test for anabolic steroids, it's safe to say that if they have a test for it, it could be tested for.

comrade

Awards
how many times do I have to tell you kids...

drugz....
r bad...
mm-kay?

if u do them...
ur bad....,
mm-kay?

I believe Charles Darwin said it best, "better to find way of cheating of NCAA drug test then to acept rules like honest person."

GangstaJDog

Banned
Awards
Hey,

I didn't think 4ad converted to boldione, I thought it converted to testerone and that 1,4 androstenedione and 1,4 androstenediol is what converted to boldione. Also, I didn't think there were any known tests for 1-t or 4-ad metabolites (besides the standard t/e ratio tests). Anyone know of anything different? Thanks.
4-AD is the precursor to testosterone.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 1
Anabolics 48
Anabolics 6
jumpshot903 LG Sciences 5
NickW Anabolics 14