My progress story

mindgame

mindgame

Awards
  • Established
nice progress bro. keep up the good work man.

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established
I finally went back in the pictures archive to pull one of my real fat photos. I can't believe that I let myself get to that point before I decided to change.

and the now version with much less fat:

Thanks everyone for the positive responses!

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established
I'm with DreamOfWeight. I love the reaction I get when people see me now compared to where I was. They'll see me again in 4 months and be shocked again.

Dude, you're seriously gonna shock & awe the hell outta the family. :clap2:

One thing, I don't know if it's been addressed yet or not are the stretch marks you have on your core. Have you tried using anything to help firm up the skin there or thought of anything like java lather + flawless?
I am definately interested in checking those product out. Even when I was fat, the worst part was the stretch marks. Have you had good experience with that combo?

pete073

Awards
Hey I know your dieting and stuff to get a six pack.I am going to give you the best advice dont ever go below 2400 calories a day If you do you will start losing muscle , your body will hold on to the fat (you wont get leaner), slow your metabolism , and lose your sex drive (your reproductive system shuts down on low calorie intake to conserve energy. I learned the hard way. Just trying to help!

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
You have made awesome progress. You should start a log here and enjoy the AM family:)

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the advice and I am not going to be disappointed if I don't see a six pack in 08. I would like to see the top 2 or 4 because I think they exist. :)

I highly doubt that I am below 2000 to 2400 calories. I typically eat something like the following in a day:

Breakfast:
Protein shake (250 calories) at 7:30
Oatmeal (160 cals) at 8:30 - 9AM

Lunch around 11 - 11:30:
I eat a decent size lunch usally something like baked potatoe with chicken, ocasional burger, grilled fish, fajitas once a week.

Snacks:
Bananna at around 2-3
Snack bar (typically around 100-200 calories) around 4-5:30
Protein shake around 6:30

Dinner:
I try like hell to eat a light dinner typically salmon, chicken or pork chop with veggies on the side

Late evening protein shake (around 250 cals)

I am by no means starving myself these days trying to lose weight. I have done that in the past and it never works which is why I decided last year to actually start working out to improve my life which would also lose weigh rather than starving myself and continuing to be a couch potatoe.

Any suggestions based on my response?

pete073

Awards
Thanks for the advice and I am not going to be disappointed if I don't see a six pack in 08. I would like to see the top 2 or 4 because I think they exist. :)

I highly doubt that I am below 2000 to 2400 calories. I typically eat something like the following in a day:

Breakfast:
Protein shake (250 calories) at 7:30
Oatmeal (160 cals) at 8:30 - 9AM

Lunch around 11 - 11:30:
I eat a decent size lunch usally something like baked potatoe with chicken, ocasional burger, grilled fish, fajitas once a week.

Snacks:
Bananna at around 2-3
Snack bar (typically around 100-200 calories) around 4-5:30
Protein shake around 6:30

Dinner:
I try like hell to eat a light dinner typically salmon, chicken or pork chop with veggies on the side

Late evening protein shake (around 250 cals)

I am by no means starving myself these days trying to lose weight. I have done that in the past and it never works which is why I decided last year to actually start working out to improve my life which would also lose weigh rather than starving myself and continuing to be a couch potatoe.

Any suggestions based on my response?
It seems to me you need to eat at least 400-500 cal more.

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established
I figure I would post a few pics of my recent progress. Feel free to comment.

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
damn, man. you are really coming along. keep goin'.

arizonanewbie

arizonanewbie

Awards
Good work! Striations in the shoulders are nice and biceps are starting to show more definition too. I know this is minor, but get a tan on you and it'll show off your progress even more.

TURUGBY

Awards
  • Established
holy fuk you dont look like the same person...keep it up!

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established
Thx everyone for the positive feedback. It was about a year ago that I found this thread and a similar one on BB.com that helped inspire me. At one point I had my goal set at a specific weight. Now rather than losing weight I decided to build muscle.

malou

malou

Awards
I know I shouldn't exclude my legs, but I am improving them (not mass wise) with all the cardio and don't feel much like using the weights after 3 miles.

read somewhere you are suppose to do cardio after weight
keep up the good work

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established
read somewhere you are suppose to do cardio after weight
keep up the good work
You are correct. That was my workout early in the process. Now I split body parts across the week with cardio following the weights. Thx for the post.

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established
Figured I would bring this thread back from the dead with some updated pics.

Afrochowder

Afrochowder

Awards
I am very impressed. Try and get that chest, shoulders and back a little bigger and work on the legs some more. Get some incline and decline to fill out your whole chest. Also the stretch marks i dont know if you are very self conscious about them but most people are and i have heard good things about Java lather soap might wanna check it out.

Lacradocious

Lacradocious

Awards
  • Established
Very nice results. I was always skinny and underweight growing up. A lot of the guys who bulked up from being skinny will disagree, but I think it takes much more work and dedication for someone to lose fat and build muscle than it does for a skinny guy to bulk up. Building muscle while trimming excess weight isn't easy, so congratulations are in order for you.

p00ndawg

p00ndawg

Banned
Awards
  • Established
hey for the stretch marks on your stomach rub cocoa butter on it. It helped me with all my stretch marks.

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established
Stretch marks suck and I am self conscious about them. I kinda consider them war wounds from where I have been. I recently bought flawless for $8 on nutraplanet. Hopefully that will help lighten them.

p00ndawg

p00ndawg

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Stretch marks suck and I am self conscious about them. I kinda consider them war wounds from where I have been. I recently bought flawless for $8 on nutraplanet. Hopefully that will help lighten them.

yea me too man, I Have them ALLLLLL over my body. Shoulders, chest, underarm, back, lower back, butt. Trust me with the cocoa butter, it helps alot. Rub some on yourself before you work out. Its a great moisturizer.

I dont know what flawless is, but the cocoa butter will help.

DT5

Awards
  • Established
prohormones are not steroids.

good job on the weight loss though, u look good.

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established
I am very impressed. Try and get that chest, shoulders and back a little bigger and work on the legs some more. Get some incline and decline to fill out your whole chest. Also the stretch marks i dont know if you are very self conscious about them but most people are and i have heard good things about Java lather soap might wanna check it out.
I am working out non stop trying to get everything bigger. I have a long way to go on both gaining muscle and losing the excess fat. I am enjoying the journey so it will happen....eventually.

Very nice results. I was always skinny and underweight growing up. A lot of the guys who bulked up from being skinny will disagree, but I think it takes much more work and dedication for someone to lose fat and build muscle than it does for a skinny guy to bulk up. Building muscle while trimming excess weight isn't easy, so congratulations are in order for you.
I definately feel it is a much different struggle, but I know some guys just can't gain weight no matter what and how much they eat. Unfortunately for us fat guy (or recovering fat guys) we have to unlearn all the bad habits that made us that way. Another tough part is hanging around folks that you used to eat junk food with. They tend to give you a hard time for wanting to get better and changing your ways.

TheLastRonin

TheLastRonin

Awards
  • Established
You've come along way meng. Props.My stretch marks have barely faded at all with the exception of the ones on my legs. You just live with em, chicks dig scars.

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established
You've come along way meng. Props.My stretch marks have barely faded at all with the exception of the ones on my legs. You just live with em, chicks dig scars.
I appreciate it. I had the caliper pinch test and came in at 19%. I was a little disappointed with that after all the hard work, but I was probably 40%+ when I started this journey.

As for stretch marks I would love them to fade some and if I can get a tan that will help. For the longest time I didn't think I could tan. I then realized it was because I would only have the shirt off (due to embarassment) every now and then in the sun and would burn like crazy. I think I might be able to add a little color this summer.

p00ndawg

p00ndawg

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I appreciate it. I had the caliper pinch test and came in at 19%. I was a little disappointed with that after all the hard work, but I was probably 40%+ when I started this journey.

As for stretch marks I would love them to fade some and if I can get a tan that will help. For the longest time I didn't think I could tan. I then realized it was because I would only have the shirt off (due to embarassment) every now and then in the sun and would burn like crazy. I think I might be able to add a little color this summer.

thats not that bad dude. 3 - 4 more months of leaning and you could be at 12 - 11. Good job!

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
Silver, your hard work and dedication is turning you into a lean, mean, babe gettin' machine!! You've come a long way, keep it up, we all could use the inspiration!!!

TheLastRonin

TheLastRonin

Awards
  • Established

Yea your are right about a tan...I suppose mine are less noticeable when I do have a tan. I'm a roofing contractor in Canada so I go brown as hell in the summer and white a a ghost in the winter...which I am now even after Mexico lol, so I easily forget the browness.I really wouldn't be self conscious about it too much though, if you have muscles and are confidant scars just make you look tough. :bruce3::biglaugh:

SoCo4Fun

SoCo4Fun

Awards
  • Established
TAnning helps a bunch!

Good jog on your progress man...You are looking really good...Keep it up and youll be shredded in no time...

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established
Thx guys. When I first started this journey I honestly figured I would quit just as I always had. Then I promised myself that I would stick with working out for a year and re-evaluate. A year later I could tell the progress that I made. Almost 2 years later it is night and day and I still make progress that I can see monthly. The feedback I get here and from friends, family and coworkers make me thankful that I stuck with it and it continues to motivate me.

So if you are debating whether or not it can happen, give yourself a year and cut down what you eat some and exercise 3+ times a week. The change will come in time. I know I could have lost more weight sooner, but I didn't worry as much about the diet early on as I did becoming more active.

spres444

spres444

Awards
  • Established
hey man..nice progress..truely inspirational for people.

i myself went from a fat mess junk food loving alcoholic pothead to aa ( im still a fatty) overobsessed supplement whore gym head =P

but hey, atleast we enjoyed ourselves eh?

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established
hey man..nice progress..truely inspirational for people.

i myself went from a fat mess junk food loving alcoholic pothead to aa ( im still a fatty) overobsessed supplement whore gym head =P

but hey, atleast we enjoyed ourselves eh?
I am right there with you. I have traded my addiction for food and beer for working out and popping supplements. I have pushed myself way beyond what I thought possible and I have high hopes now.

I still have a tendency to eat bad, but when I do I really feel guilty like I cheated on myself.

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am right there with you. I have traded my addiction for food and beer for working out and popping supplements. I have pushed myself way beyond what I thought possible and I have high hopes now.

I still have a tendency to eat bad, but when I do I really feel guilty like I cheated on myself.
better to cheat on yourself then yoru wife!, lol a little cheat day every now and again wont hurt, you just have to work double in the gym for it:), I have children, so that right there tells you what kind of snacks i have,lol great for kids! bad for daddy snacks when trying to lean up! :)

SoCo4Fun

SoCo4Fun

Awards
  • Established
Cheat days keep me sane...I find that the more I get into this the cleaner my cheat days get though...I'll start feeling guilty because I had a hoooge bowl of spaghetti...even though it was made with ground turkey, organic whole wheat pasta, and organic marinara...hahaha

p00ndawg

p00ndawg

Banned
Awards
  • Established

that sounds like me, lol. I hate my carb up because i feel like im cheating, after going the distance without any for weeks.

But boy do I fell better! Good job again!

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established
I still consider my progress story ongoing and I like to continue posting some various updates in this thread to help me realize where I was to ensure I never go back. These were taken a few weeks ago. I still have a ways to go and I am currently working on a pretty good recomp and trying to get rid of the belly for good.

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
Nice progress man. Keep your diet on and keep hitting those weights hard and everything will fall into place. You don't need to be a certain number to achieve the results you want. I'm at 205 and lean as heck. You are 2 inches taller so I know you can do it. I'll always be here bro, it's an honor following :notworthy:

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established
Nice progress man. Keep your diet on and keep hitting those weights hard and everything will fall into place. You don't need to be a certain number to achieve the results you want. I'm at 205 and lean as heck. You are 2 inches taller so I know you can do it. I'll always be here bro, it's an honor following :notworthy:
It is an honor to have you following and providing positive feedback. A man that has accomplished what you have with your physique could easily look down on me because of the way I let myself go. I constantly look back and kick myself in the a$$ for getting to that point and not staying in shape at a young age. You da man!

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
If you need anything you know where to find me bro.

This isn't the past and I won't look down at anyone. We are a fam, need to stick by our brothers!

What you have done is incredible. Keep it up bro.