My cabergolean log

benawesome

Awards
If you need a reference let me know bro. I am sure we can figure something out. I would be more than happy to help!
Awesome thanks bro! I will need some solid references so I appreciate that!

benawesome

Awards
Alright so shoulders went well last night! I love training shoulders and I really felt good in this workout. I hit up a spin class this morning as well and that felt good! I am doing ERGO-BLITZ during my spinning classes as well and it makes a huge difference.

Shoulders:

FST-7 (12 reps) - Rear delt flyes - 100lbs, 115lbs, 130lbs, 160lbs, 175lbs, 190lbs, 205lbs

Side raises with dumbells all for 12 reps - 25lbs, 35lbs, 45lbs, 50lbs

Hammer Strength press - 90lbs for 12 reps, 180lbs for 12 reps, 230lbs for 12 reps, 270lbs for 15 reps (I felt good about that set)

Upright rows using ropes - 3 sets of 12 reps at 100lbs

DB shrugs all for 12 reps - 50lbs, 75lbs, 90lbs, 100lbs (for the record I don't believe in going heavy on traps)

That was it! Tonight I got arms to do which is good because I am having one of those mental days where I feel like I have girl arms! In general I just feel mentally off this week. The gym has really been my little haven. THANK GOD ITS THE WEEKEND!! Except I have to work sunday :( Tomorrow night at 7pm on NBC Notre Dame vs. Wake Forest...Go Irish!

benawesome

Awards
Saturday I did a leg workout :eek:mfg: because on MD I mentioned I had big calves and people asked for a picture and I had none. I didn't want to be the internet guy who says something but can't back it up. I have shot a video of me doing some calve training and I emailed it to NRC so hopefully they don't mind posting it up!

Legs:

Leg extensions - 4 sets of 20 reps I honestly don't know what the weight was I just kinda threw the pin in there

Free motion standing hamstring curls - wicked pump on these! 4 sets of 15 reps at 40lbs

Single leg press - 200lbs for 4 sets of 15 reps per leg

Free motion rotary calves - 4 sets of 15 reps at 200lbs per leg

Standing calve Raises on smith machine - video will show

I feel sore haha! I haven't trained legs in a while so it was good! Tonight I am going to hit back. Tough part of being a nutrition coach is I change up my diet like every week and I have done so again

Meal 1: 1 large red delicious apple and 2 scoops of myofusion

ERGO-BLITZ

Meal 2: 12oz of lean ground beef, 1 cup of basmati rice and 1 tablespoon of coconut oil

ERGO-BLITZ

Meal 3: 12oz of chicken breast and 8oz of sweet potato

ERGO-BLITZ

Meal 4 (pre-workout): 2 scoops of myofusion and one seving of granola (I posted the recipe on the last page)

2 scoops of ERGO-BLITZ while training

Meal 5 (post-workout): 8oz of lean ground beef, 4 large eggs, 1 cup of basmati rice, 2 cups of cottage cheese with about 1/2 scoop of myofusion mixed into it (don't like cottage cheese the chocolate protein helps flavor it)

We will see how this diet goes!

SizeUp

Awards
Saturday I did a leg workout :eek:mfg: because on MD I mentioned I had big calves and people asked for a picture and I had none. I didn't want to be the internet guy who says something but can't back it up. I have shot a video of me doing some calve training and I emailed it to NRC so hopefully they don't mind posting it up!

Legs:

Leg extensions - 4 sets of 20 reps I honestly don't know what the weight was I just kinda threw the pin in there

Free motion standing hamstring curls - wicked pump on these! 4 sets of 15 reps at 40lbs

Single leg press - 200lbs for 4 sets of 15 reps per leg

Free motion rotary calves - 4 sets of 15 reps at 200lbs per leg

Standing calve Raises on smith machine - video will show

I feel sore haha! I haven't trained legs in a while so it was good! Tonight I am going to hit back. Tough part of being a nutrition coach is I change up my diet like every week and I have done so again

Meal 1: 1 large red delicious apple and 2 scoops of myofusion

ERGO-BLITZ

Meal 2: 12oz of lean ground beef, 1 cup of basmati rice and 1 tablespoon of coconut oil

ERGO-BLITZ

Meal 3: 12oz of chicken breast and 8oz of sweet potato

ERGO-BLITZ

Meal 4 (pre-workout): 2 scoops of myofusion and one seving of granola (I posted the recipe on the last page)

2 scoops of ERGO-BLITZ while training

Meal 5 (post-workout): 8oz of lean ground beef, 4 large eggs, 1 cup of basmati rice, 2 cups of cottage cheese with about 1/2 scoop of myofusion mixed into it (don't like cottage cheese the chocolate protein helps flavor it)

We will see how this diet goes!
Whats the goal of this diet bro? Big drop in your carbs looks like?

benawesome

Awards
Whats the goal of this diet bro? Big drop in your carbs looks like?
Dropped about 100grams of carbs. I was starting to see some water retention that I was not a fan of. All the stress i'm under right now (it has gotten worse since last week by a lot) and high carbs just wasn't working for me. Plus I have not been able to hit the spin classes as much as I want recently. I am hoping to still grow but it is roughly about this:

Protein: 350-400g

Carbs: 250-350g

Fat: 100g-120g

I think my mind set on the matter is I like to switch up my diet a lot and see what happens. In the off-season I toy with my nutrition a bunch just to see what happens and how my body responds to certain nutrion approaches. I figure this will help in show prep because of the knowledge I have obtained through trial and error. I feel flat right now but everyone is saying I look bigger so I guess it isn't as bad as I think

benawesome

Awards
Back went well last night. I am stressed beyond stressed right now so the gym is my saving grace.

Back:

FST-7 (12 reps each set) - 60,70,80,90,100,110,120

Barbell rows - 135lbs for 12 reps, 225lbs for 12 reps, 315lbs for 12 reps

Pull-ups - 3 sets to failure

Hammer strength high row - 3 sets of 12 reps (cannot remember the weight)

Hammer Strength row machine - 3 sets of 12 reps at 150lbs

Deadlifts - 5 sets of 225lbs for 10 reps

It felt good! here is a video of me hitting some calves

[video=youtube;kcjnHFP5QTo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcjnHFP5QTo[/video]

BigGunn

BigGunn

Awards
I'm praying for you bro! Thank God we can escape to the gym though!!!!

benawesome

Awards
I'm praying for you bro! Thank God we can escape to the gym though!!!!
Thank you very much! The wife and I definitely appreciate the prayers. The gym has saved my life so many times. I was a troubled youth and the gym really straightened me out and it is a blessing for sure!

benawesome

Awards
Last night the wife and I did a really quick 40 minute chest workout

FST-7 (12 reps) on incline db flyes - 35lbs, 45lbs, 50lbs, 55lbs, 60lbs, 65lbs, 70lbs

Cable press - 4 sets of 12 reps I think I started at 60lbs and went to 90lbs?

Pec Deck - 100lbs for 4 sets of 12 reps

Decline cables - don't remember weight but 4 sets of 12 reps

Water weight is starting to subside with my new diet thankfully. I feel a tad flat but that is okay for now until I start de-stressing! Weight is still the same and ERGO-BLITZ and cabergolean are saving my life right now haha. They are definitely helping my whole physique even in stressful times. I am contemplating going back to personal training I always loved doing that!

benawesome

Awards
Yesterday I received an email from my boss

"You should pick up some hydroxycut. Lean up a bit. Starting to look like you live on soy sauce and dbol"

This must have been the straw that broke the camels back because I gave my two weeks notice! They are trying to negotiate with me but I am looking at personal training again as well. Maybe even moving to Orlando! I have 3 weeks to get a job and save my wife and I :bigeyes: I am definitely not in bad shape at all! I talked to him about it and he said they feel I am too muscular and should take off some of my muscle mass. I said I am a nutrition coach muscle is a good thing. They would prefer I look like a cyclist. As you can see we have issues

Shoulders:

FST-7 (12 reps) - rear delt db flyes (30lbs)

Cable side raise: 35lbs for 4 sets of 12 reps

Smith machine press - 1 plate per side for 12 reps, 1 plate and a quarter per side for 12 reps, 2 sets of 2 plates per side for 12 reps

DB front raises - 4 sets of 25lbs for 12 reps super setted with

DB Shrugs - 55lbs for 12 reps, 65lbs for 12 reps, 75lbs for 12 reps, 85lbs for 12 reps (if I haven't said this before I will say it again I do not like going heavy on traps)

benawesome

Awards
Alright guys - my work situation is being negotiated. They want to keep me and they are trying to find ways to increase my pay. If I agree to stay we are going to have a long talk first. No more treating me the way I have been getting treated that is for sure.

Legs last night:

Single leg extensions - 100lbs for 4 sets of 15 reps

Seated Hamstring curl - 75lbs for 12 reps, 100lbs for 12 reps, 130lbs for 12 reps, 160lbs for 12 reps

Seated calve raises - 4 sets of 20 reps with 90lbs

Seated calve raises - 2 sets no weight just one leg at a time for a pump

FST-7 (20 reps on all sets) doing single leg press - 115lbs

Tonight is arms! Then probably take the whole weekend off except for cardio. We have been in the gym 5 days straight we will need a break!

benawesome

Awards
Update: after awhile of me being un-happy with the job and even quitting, we have negotiated and I will not be quitting my job. We have an understanding of what I am expecting and they get it. We will see how things go but for now I will be staying put. I did an arm workout on friday night and then I realized I trained for 5 days in a row. I took the weekend off! I will get back at it today!

benawesome

Awards
Had a good back workout last night! I am admittedly a weak deadlifter. I am focusing on those right now to get my strength up!

Back:

FST-7 (12 reps as always) on rope pullovers - 100lbs

T-bar row - 1 plate for 12 reps, 3 plates for 12 reps, 4 plates for 12 reps (I was going to keep going but the squat rack opened up and I had to be quick!)

Deadlifts - 135lbs for 5 reps, 225lbs for 5 reps, 315lbs for 5 reps, 405lbs for 5 reps, 455lbs for 3 reps

Wide-grip pulldowns - 100lbs for 12 reps, 130lbs for 12 reps, 160lbs for 10 reps then dropped the weight to 130lbs and then dropped again to 100lbs and then one more drop to 85lbs

That was it! Felt good! My weight is still the same (in that 230 area give or take) and my calories are wayyyyyyyyyyyy down. I am trying to composition change at this weight before I shoot up to 240lbs. Chest tonight!

benawesome

Awards
On tuesday I hit chest it went as such:

Incline Hammer Press - 90lbs for 12 reps, 180lbs for 12 reps, 270lbs for 12 reps, 360lbs for 12 reps (all done quickly for a pump to start the workout)

Incline DB flyes - 25lbs for 12 reps, 35lbs for 12 reps, 45lbs for 12 reps

Pec deck - 115lbs for 4 sets of 12

Machine press - whole stack for 3 sets of 12 reps

Decline cables - 50lbs for 4 sets of 12 reps with a huge drop set at the end

My chest is sore! Last night I took off from the gym because I went to a cpr class to keep my certification. Tonight I am going to do shoulders and triceps. Tomorrow I am going to do back and bi's. I am now going to do back twice a week. My back is my weak point and I have never tried hitting it twice a week so I am going to be doing that now. I figure if my next 10-15lbs can be mostly back and arms I should be in a good place to try and qualify for nationals. I don't think I would do nationals but I want to qualify!

BigGunn

BigGunn

Awards
Is your chest sore because they were doing the CPR on you?

cpr.jpg

On tuesday I hit chest it went as such:

Incline Hammer Press - 90lbs for 12 reps, 180lbs for 12 reps, 270lbs for 12 reps, 360lbs for 12 reps (all done quickly for a pump to start the workout)

Incline DB flyes - 25lbs for 12 reps, 35lbs for 12 reps, 45lbs for 12 reps

Pec deck - 115lbs for 4 sets of 12

Machine press - whole stack for 3 sets of 12 reps

Decline cables - 50lbs for 4 sets of 12 reps with a huge drop set at the end

My chest is sore! Last night I took off from the gym because I went to a cpr class to keep my certification. Tonight I am going to do shoulders and triceps. Tomorrow I am going to do back and bi's. I am now going to do back twice a week. My back is my weak point and I have never tried hitting it twice a week so I am going to be doing that now. I figure if my next 10-15lbs can be mostly back and arms I should be in a good place to try and qualify for nationals. I don't think I would do nationals but I want to qualify!

benawesome

Awards
Last night was a good workout and my first time with the new split

Shoulders and triceps:

FST-7 (all for 12 reps) - high row (for rear delt) with ropes - 55lbs, 70lbs, 85lbs, 100lbs, 115lbs, 130lbs, 145lbs

DB shoulder press - 55lbs for 12 reps, 65lbs for 12 reps, 75lbs for 12 reps, 85lbs for 12 reps

Overhead tricep extension with db super setted with db side raises (all for 12 reps) - 35lbs db's, 40lb db's, 45lb db's, 50lb db's

Upright rows with cables super setted with tricep rope pushdowns (all for 12 reps) - upright rows I stayed at 70lbs and for triceps I stayed at 115lbs

One arm pushdowns with rope (all for 12 reps) - stayed at 55lbs all 4 sets

That was it! Felt good and now tonight I get to hit back again. I figure this will be a pump workout since I did my heavy back work on monday. My calories are still low but I am still 230lbs and getting tighter!

benawesome

Awards
Two workouts to update you guys on: back and bi's on friday and legs I did saturday

Friday was back and bi's:

I did 20 reps on everything at this point I can't remember the weights

Cable Rows

Free Motion Pulldowns

Row machine

Pulldown Machine

Curl machine

Reverse curls

Cable curls

Then legs on saturday:

Leg extensions

Leg press machine

Laying hamstring curls

Walking lunges

Calve raises on hack squat

20 reps on all leg workouts as well

I felt good! Legs feel very sore from walking lunges. I swear lunges are the thing that work my legs the best. Thanksgiving is this week so I am going to cram workouts in the best I can!

benawesome

Awards
Alright guys I am weighing in at 233lbs still first thing in the morning empty stomach (after dropping a 2lb load in the toilet) and am around 238lbs come bedtime! I have lowered my calories down to 3000-3300 and I am still gaining! Thanksgiving is tomorrow and I am gonna be fat.

Monday - chest:

Cable press - 4 sets of 12 reps

Smith machine bench - 1 plate per side for 5 reps, 2 plates per side for 5 reps, 3 plats per side for 12 reps

Decline cables - 4 sets of 12 reps

Incline hammer strength machine - 3 sets of 15 reps

Decline hammer press - 1 plate per side for 12 reps, 2 plates per side for 12 reps, 3 plates per side for 12 reps, 4 plates per side (360lbs) for 12 reps and then drop set

Yesterday - back:

FST-7 - cable pullovers - 120lbs

Wide-grip pulldowns - 115lbs for 12, 145lbs for 12, 175lbs for 12

High row on free motion - 4 sets of 12 reps

Rack chins - bodyweight 3 sets to failure

deadlifts - 225lbs for 5 sets of 10

Tonight is shoulders and triceps! I am working harder than ever to get ready for my show next year. I am doing a national qualifier and you better believe I am looking to win

SizeUp

Awards
You're a better man than me man i would have walked out after i got that email. Your boss blows and is probably skinny fat :). But it's awesome that they are bending to your terms and paying you more bro. That means you are to valueable to lose. PAt your self on the back bro :)

benawesome

Awards
You're a better man than me man i would have walked out after i got that email. Your boss blows and is probably skinny fat :). But it's awesome that they are bending to your terms and paying you more bro. That means you are to valueable to lose. PAt your self on the back bro :)
thanks brotha! How you been?

benawesome

Awards
Hope everyone had a good holiday! The wife and I went back and forth between our parents. We didn't really eat much though. The wife got a second job and had to work black friday 3am-8am so I picked her up after work and we hit this awesome breakfast buffet it was delicious!

I have been stepping on the scale at night (after food and water) and been up to 244lbs. I guess I am still growing. I am still doing back twice a week! I will start posting my workouts again. Took the weekend off from the internet so I got a lot to catch up on.

SizeUp

Awards
thanks brotha! How you been?
I've been doing really well man. The wedding was awesome everyone had a good time. New York was a blast. The wife and I got too see and do so much. Ate at some great restaurants too... no bodybuilding food lol. I lost some weight unfortunatly with my metabolism 10 days w/out my cals super high i start to go backwords... But it was a good break.. And it was def something i owed to my wife, you know? But.. in a way it's good to be back in the grind :)

benawesome

Awards
I've been doing really well man. The wedding was awesome everyone had a good time. New York was a blast. The wife and I got too see and do so much. Ate at some great restaurants too... no bodybuilding food lol. I lost some weight unfortunatly with my metabolism 10 days w/out my cals super high i start to go backwords... But it was a good break.. And it was def something i owed to my wife, you know? But.. in a way it's good to be back in the grind :)
congrats again brotha! a woman in our life is a blessing (sometimes a curse)! Once I got married it was game on nothing to focus on but wife, job and bodybuilding. I hope you find it to be the same! I always lose weight on vacation. You eat like crap but the calories still aren't as high plus you were probably walking around all over. She put up with your show prep so you definitely owed her! My wife has never been with me through a show prep. She says shes "excited" to see my show prep next year haha I told her you wont think that come next year!

SizeUp

Awards
LOL i hear you man. If she needs someone to talk to about you being a D*ck i'll get you my wife's email. She was awesome thru the entire thing but i know she was frustrated as i got closer and started to really feel fatigued and worn down. If your wife's like mine she'll probably try to be real perky and happy and if you're like me you'll be like "why the f**k are you so happy i feel like crap and don't want to joke around" haha but somehow it all works... I bet you'll be more relaxed this time around w/ her in your corner.
btw are you on facebook?

benawesome

Awards
LOL i hear you man. If she needs someone to talk to about you being a D*ck i'll get you my wife's email. She was awesome thru the entire thing but i know she was frustrated as i got closer and started to really feel fatigued and worn down. If your wife's like mine she'll probably try to be real perky and happy and if you're like me you'll be like "why the f**k are you so happy i feel like crap and don't want to joke around" haha but somehow it all works... I bet you'll be more relaxed this time around w/ her in your corner.
btw are you on facebook?
Truth! My wife when I get in a bad mood always tries to be perky and bring me back up. I am stubborn as hell though so I usually just shoot her a look like why are you trying? Eventually though she wins and I get in a better mood. I figure in show prep she will be confused as to what is going on with me but I am prepping her now for what is to come!

I am on facebook! I don't use it much my job makes me have it so it is all things promoting the company I work for but you are more than welcome to add me!

https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=100003015394900

benawesome

Awards
Last night was chest. I started off with incline bench and decided to do Incline Bench with a DC style of training and then I switched over to volume after that....I AM SORE

Chest:

DC Incline Bench - 225lbs and man oh man did this make me feel like a girl haha

Hammer Strength Press - Also did this DC style did 4 plates per side (360lbs)

Incline Dumbbell Fly's - 25lbs for 12 reps, 30lbs for 12 reps, 35lbs for 12 reps, 40lbs for 12 reps

Dumbbell Pullovers - 35lbs for 12 reps, 45lbs for 12 reps, 55lbs for 12 reps, 75lbs for 12 reps

Decline Cables - no idea what the weight was but did 3 pump sets to end the chest workout

Felt good! I am reallllllllly low carb for off season (200g a day) and my total calories is down to like 3200. Somehow I am 236lbs first thing in the morning empty stomach. I am growing now more than when I was higher calories. I am like 242lbs at night. Weird! I can't make any sense of it not gonna lie. I am still doing cardio as well.

Tonight is back!

SizeUp

Awards
Well don't argue w/ the success no matter how wierd! haha! Nice chest session doing some heavy poundages bro

benawesome

Awards
Well don't argue w/ the success no matter how wierd! haha! Nice chest session doing some heavy poundages bro
My chest is so sore it is unreal! I usually don't do any sort of DC training so this was new and it destroyed me haha. I just wish it made scientific sense as to how less calories = more muscle for me haha. I almost feel like my body goes through phases though where at certain points I need to eat more than other times.

benawesome

Awards
Last night was back...I felt tired but once I got into the gym I was fine

Back:

Rack Chins - bodyweight to failure, 30lbs added to failure (12 reps), 60lbs for 2 sets to failure (12 reps both sets)

Deadlifts: This was my strength week so I just did warm up sets until I hit 455lbs then did one set all out on that

Wide-Grip Pulldowns - 115lbs for 12 reps, 145lbs for 12 reps, 175lbs for 12 reps
*Super-Setted with*
Underhand cable pullovers - 80lbs for all 3 sets at 15 reps

Two-Handle Pulldowns - 115lbs for 12 reps, 145lbs for 12 reps, 175lbs for 12 reps
*Super-Setted with*
On the ground Rope Pulldowns - 150lbs for 3 sets of 10 reps

That was it! Later this week I will do a second back workout that is for thickness only. Last night was my width workout. Tonight I am going to do shoulders and hopefully I take tomorrow off because I feel beat up!

SizeUp

Awards
My chest is so sore it is unreal! I usually don't do any sort of DC training so this was new and it destroyed me haha. I just wish it made scientific sense as to how less calories = more muscle for me haha. I almost feel like my body goes through phases though where at certain points I need to eat more than other times.
I agree man i think every one goes through phases when you're doing this day in and day out. One of my good friends in near 250 pounds now and he's eating like 4000 a day last time he was that heavy he was having to do 6k... i'm eating more now than i ever have and about 15 pounds shy of my heaviest bw... idk that it ever makes 100% scientific sense..
Jay has a vid on FB about how he's eating 3 times a day now and maintainin 270 lol!! I think he's doing it on purpose to just see how little or how much food he really needs...maybe he's done, not sure but it doesnt make sense that a dude who eat what 8-10 meals a day can go to 3 and only be 20 pounds lighter than his normal off season.
It's pretty cool tho!

btw i like to two days a week back session bro! hope that goes well, how long are you doing it for?

benawesome

Awards
I agree man i think every one goes through phases when you're doing this day in and day out. One of my good friends in near 250 pounds now and he's eating like 4000 a day last time he was that heavy he was having to do 6k... i'm eating more now than i ever have and about 15 pounds shy of my heaviest bw... idk that it ever makes 100% scientific sense..
Jay has a vid on FB about how he's eating 3 times a day now and maintainin 270 lol!! I think he's doing it on purpose to just see how little or how much food he really needs...maybe he's done, not sure but it doesnt make sense that a dude who eat what 8-10 meals a day can go to 3 and only be 20 pounds lighter than his normal off season.
It's pretty cool tho!

btw i like to two days a week back session bro! hope that goes well, how long are you doing it for?
This was a damn good post! It is so bizarre to me how the body chooses to work especially for those involved in bodybuilding. Jay Cutler looks leannnnnnnnnn right now but he needs to fix that arm asap or it might be messed up forever. I didn't realize he was only eating 3 times a day that is nuts! I do that on the weekends sometimes but one of those meals is a cheat meal haha. Layne Norton said guys are better off bulking up at 4 maybe 5 meals a day as opposed to 6-8 meals a day. I went from 7 meals a day to 5 meals a day and I am definitely less bloated and my weight is up so I guess he was right!

I am going to continue doing back 2x a week until my back is my strong point! I will do it all year if i have to. I know Jose Raymond said his back was a real weakness for him and now it is his strong point! He said he trained back 2x a week for 2 years...and I will do that if I have to! I gotta admit even in the last month I have seen a hugeeeeeeee difference in my back. Much more definition and width. I also can see through my shirt I am getting thicker so I am very happy about that. Some credit is due to you as well though Mike because that fst-7 recommendation really helped me out

benawesome

Awards
Last night was front delts/side delts/traps/triceps

I am so sore from chest still...this is probably the most sore I have ever been. That DC style training mixed with high volume training just destroyed me. I felt zapped of energy yesterday but 2 shots of espresso got me into the gym.

FST-7 (12 reps) Dumbbell Side Raises - 25lbs for all 7 sets

DC style Hammer Strength Press - only 230lbs.....this was insanely hard with a sore upper chest

FST-7 (yep 2 times in one workout...for 12 reps all sets) Overhead Dumbbell Extensions one arm at a time - used 35lb db then went up to 50lbs

Upright Rows with a Rope - 85lbs for 4 sets of 12 reps
*super-setted with*
Tricep Pushdowns with a Rope - 100lbs, 130lbs, 150lbs, 150lbs

Shrugs on a free-motion cable machine - 100lbs for 10 reps, 120lbs for 10 reps, 140lbs for 8 reps, 160lbs for 8 reps, 180lbs for 8 reps, 200lbs for 8 reps then I did a drop sets from there, 180lbs to failure, 160lbs to failure, 140lbs to failure, 120lbs to failure, 100lbs to failure

That was it! Tonight is a night off from the gym. I am going to do some cardio tonight though. Weight this morning was 235lbs

SizeUp

Awards
This was a damn good post! It is so bizarre to me how the body chooses to work especially for those involved in bodybuilding. Jay Cutler looks leannnnnnnnnn right now but he needs to fix that arm asap or it might be messed up forever. I didn't realize he was only eating 3 times a day that is nuts! I do that on the weekends sometimes but one of those meals is a cheat meal haha. Layne Norton said guys are better off bulking up at 4 maybe 5 meals a day as opposed to 6-8 meals a day. I went from 7 meals a day to 5 meals a day and I am definitely less bloated and my weight is up so I guess he was right!

I am going to continue doing back 2x a week until my back is my strong point! I will do it all year if i have to. I know Jose Raymond said his back was a real weakness for him and now it is his strong point! He said he trained back 2x a week for 2 years...and I will do that if I have to! I gotta admit even in the last month I have seen a hugeeeeeeee difference in my back. Much more definition and width. I also can see through my shirt I am getting thicker so I am very happy about that. Some credit is due to you as well though Mike because that fst-7 recommendation really helped me out
Yea he said he is going to have surgery on the arm in that vid... he showed it up close and there was a giant indition that looked like a tear just a different spot that some others i've seen.. hope the best for him prob my fav pro.
That aside i've never been sold on the 4 or 5 meals a day Don would tell me no way lol not knocking Layne. If i miss a meal i will drop weight... i mean.. how big are the 5 meals?
And i'm glad the suggestion helped bro! Keep killin the back and i'm sure it'll come up :)

benawesome

Awards
Yea he said he is going to have surgery on the arm in that vid... he showed it up close and there was a giant indition that looked like a tear just a different spot that some others i've seen.. hope the best for him prob my fav pro.
That aside i've never been sold on the 4 or 5 meals a day Don would tell me no way lol not knocking Layne. If i miss a meal i will drop weight... i mean.. how big are the 5 meals?
And i'm glad the suggestion helped bro! Keep killin the back and i'm sure it'll come up :)

From a physique stand point Jay is definitely not my favorite but as a whole he is my favorite. I relate the most to him and his story. The tear is definitely legit despite what some were saying a couple months back. Glad he is taking that surgery seriously though!

I think the 4-5 meals a day thing is VERY person-to-person. Some people would lose weight so fast doing that it isn't even funny. My genetics and my build I really never have a hard time putting on weight or maintaining weight. For instance I am growing right now off of 3000-3300 calories. For most guys that is like the last couple weeks of show prep haha. I think it really just depends on the person...here is my current diet (changes like every week haha)

Breakfast: 2 scoops of myofusion and 1 apple

Lunch: 12oz of lean ground beef, 1 cup (cooked) of rice and a big salad

Mid-Afternoon: 12oz of chicken and 8-10oz of sweet potato

Pre-workout: 4 whole eggs, 1 cup of cottage cheese with 1 scoop of myofusion and 2 tablespoons of peanut butter mixed into it

Post-workout (before bed for me): 8oz of lean ground beef, 1 scoop of myofusion, 1 cup of rice and a big salad

I do 2 BIG cheat meals on the weekend....like seriously big cheat meals. Other week I took down 3lbs of chili over pasta and like 4 peanut butter brownies with ice cream on top. I take these cheat meals after I train legs and my second back workout

SizeUp

Awards
From a physique stand point Jay is definitely not my favorite but as a whole he is my favorite. I relate the most to him and his story. The tear is definitely legit despite what some were saying a couple months back. Glad he is taking that surgery seriously though!

I think the 4-5 meals a day thing is VERY person-to-person. Some people would lose weight so fast doing that it isn't even funny. My genetics and my build I really never have a hard time putting on weight or maintaining weight. For instance I am growing right now off of 3000-3300 calories. For most guys that is like the last couple weeks of show prep haha. I think it really just depends on the person...here is my current diet (changes like every week haha)

Breakfast: 2 scoops of myofusion and 1 apple

Lunch: 12oz of lean ground beef, 1 cup (cooked) of rice and a big salad

Mid-Afternoon: 12oz of chicken and 8-10oz of sweet potato

Pre-workout: 4 whole eggs, 1 cup of cottage cheese with 1 scoop of myofusion and 2 tablespoons of peanut butter mixed into it

Post-workout (before bed for me): 8oz of lean ground beef, 1 scoop of myofusion, 1 cup of rice and a big salad

I do 2 BIG cheat meals on the weekend....like seriously big cheat meals. Other week I took down 3lbs of chili over pasta and like 4 peanut butter brownies with ice cream on top. I take these cheat meals after I train legs and my second back workout
The diet is interesting. Seems like you're pounding a ton of protein when you are eating so i could see it working just as well for ya.. I hear you on the big cheats.. i gained 13 pounds on thanksgiving day lol my wife cooked a huuuuge meal and it was just the two of us so i "had" to eat it all LOL

benawesome

Awards
The diet is interesting. Seems like you're pounding a ton of protein when you are eating so i could see it working just as well for ya.. I hear you on the big cheats.. i gained 13 pounds on thanksgiving day lol my wife cooked a huuuuge meal and it was just the two of us so i "had" to eat it all LOL
It is according to my calorie counter 360g of protein a day. Which is actually less than what I was doing a couple of weeks ago. So it is less protein, carbs and fats I am doing now and still holding weight. Total calories Is 3200-3400 a day. It must just be genetics for me. I do love my cheat meals though! After thanksgiving I weighed in at 247lbs!! I definitely had some water to rid myself of hahaha.

benawesome

Awards
Last night I did a back workout. My legs are really sore from sunday so I could not dead lift :(

Pull-Downs - worked up to 200lbs for 12 reps

Pull-Down Machine - did 3 quick sets at 170lbs to add to my pull-down pump

DB Rows - worked up to 120lbs for 12 reps

DB Lat Pullovers - worked up to 75lbs for 12 reps

Cable Rows - worked up to 220lbs for 12 reps

One Arm Cable Rows - 150lbs for 4 quick sets to finish the workout off

In hindsight I should have done one more pulldown movement but oh well! Tonight I have chest and I just recovered from last week haha

SizeUp

Awards
It is according to my calorie counter 360g of protein a day. Which is actually less than what I was doing a couple of weeks ago. So it is less protein, carbs and fats I am doing now and still holding weight. Total calories Is 3200-3400 a day. It must just be genetics for me. I do love my cheat meals though! After thanksgiving I weighed in at 247lbs!! I definitely had some water to rid myself of hahaha.
LOL people don't realize how insane the water gain can be if you do not eat bad like that on a regular basis

benawesome

Awards
LOL people don't realize how insane the water gain can be if you do not eat bad like that on a regular basis

I see it allllllllllll the time at my weight loss clinic. People come into the clinic and put on 1-2lbs and then they say "I don't know what happened"! I tell them you are eating 1,000 calories a day, working out and drinking over half a gallon of water a day and you are telling me you put weight on? Then they tell me okay well I did have something not on the diet yesterday.....to which I say I know. These people think they won't bloat if they go off their diet. If I cheat im bloated for 3-4 days and my metabolism is way better than theirs haha

benawesome

Awards
Chest last night went well and felt good. I am still sore in the legs haha

chest:

Incline DB Press - worked up to the 100's for 12 reps. Did like 5 sets before this I didn't feel like going any heavier at that point

Hammer Strength Press - worked up to 360lbs for 10 reps then did a drop set

Machine Press - whole stack for 3 sets of 15 reps

Decline Cables - worked up to 60lbs for 12 reps

Incline DB Flyes- worked up to 50lbs for 12 reps and then pulled a drop set

This was it! Did this workout quick like 35-40 minutes. Tonight I will take off!

benawesome

Awards
I took last night off so tonight is shoulders! Legs are still sore!

SizeUp

Awards
Nice chest session bro! The weights are actually really heavy when u think about how fast you're moving :)

benawesome

Awards
Nice chest session bro! The weights are actually really heavy when u think about how fast you're moving :)
I am glad you noticed that. I don't life "heavy" according to the "bro's" in the gym...but they rest for 3-5 minutes between sets and I literally rest 30-60 seconds. I finish my set put the weight on stretch then hit the next set. I bang out sometimes 30 sets in 45-55 minutes.

Let's put it this way there is a certain pro who works out at my gym and I am done with weights and cardio by the time he is done weights. NOT insulting him at all dude is insane looking and really cool guy...but it shows the pace that I move at.

benawesome

Awards
I did shoulders/traps last night and it felt really good

Seated DB Side Raises - 20's for 20 reps, 25's for 15 reps, 30's for 12 reps, 35's for 12 reps, 40's for 12 reps

Hammer Strength Shoulder Press - I did this DC style. Warm-up sets to 3 plates per side (270lbs) then I did 1 set all out for 20 reps using 270lbs. This was tough!

High Row with Rope for Rear Delts - worked up to the whole stack for 12 reps. Then on that set I did a drop set all the way down

Side Raise plate loaded Machine - 50lbs for 3 quick pump sets of 20-25 reps

Front Raises with DB's - 15's for 15 reps, 20's for 15 reps, 25's for 12 reps, 30's for 12 reps then grabbed the 15's and rocked out another 20 reps

DB Shrugs - 55lbs for 12 reps, 75lbs for 12 reps, 95lbs for 12 reps, 105lbs for 12 reps then I did a drop set alllllll the way back down

In hindsight this was a ton of volume! I felt good though and my weight is still hovering around 232-234lbs first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. I am craving a cheat meal! My legs are still kind of sore but I am going to do them tonight

SizeUp

Awards
I did shoulders/traps last night and it felt really good

Seated DB Side Raises - 20's for 20 reps, 25's for 15 reps, 30's for 12 reps, 35's for 12 reps, 40's for 12 reps

Hammer Strength Shoulder Press - I did this DC style. Warm-up sets to 3 plates per side (270lbs) then I did 1 set all out for 20 reps using 270lbs. This was tough!

High Row with Rope for Rear Delts - worked up to the whole stack for 12 reps. Then on that set I did a drop set all the way down

Side Raise plate loaded Machine - 50lbs for 3 quick pump sets of 20-25 reps

Front Raises with DB's - 15's for 15 reps, 20's for 15 reps, 25's for 12 reps, 30's for 12 reps then grabbed the 15's and rocked out another 20 reps

DB Shrugs - 55lbs for 12 reps, 75lbs for 12 reps, 95lbs for 12 reps, 105lbs for 12 reps then I did a drop set alllllll the way back down

In hindsight this was a ton of volume! I felt good though and my weight is still hovering around 232-234lbs first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. I am craving a cheat meal! My legs are still kind of sore but I am going to do them tonight
Should have been tough cause that's heavy as sh*t man w/ so many reps... also really jel about the plate loaded side raise i want to try lol

benawesome

Awards
Should have been tough cause that's heavy as sh*t man w/ so many reps... also really jel about the plate loaded side raise i want to try lol
It was cool! I had never gotten to use one before...the gym I train at is shutting down so I am using a new Lifestyle's (it is actually the one Jason Huh trains at so now I get to see him everyday) and it was right there next to the hammer press. It was awesome for a change of pace

benawesome

Awards
ok guys I slacked this weekend so here are the two workouts I need to catch you up on

Legs:

Leg Extensions - 100lbs for 20 reps, 145lbs for 20 reps, 190lbs for 18 reps, 220lbs for 16 reps

Leg Press - 1 plate per side (pps) for 50 reps, 2 pps for 40 reps, 3 pps for 30 reps, 4 pps for 20 reps, 5 pps for 10 reps (I did all of this with NO REST! I did the set got up put the plates on and kept moving) then I did a drop sets - 5 pps for 10 reps, 4 pps for 10 reps, 3 pps for 10 reps, 2 pps for 10 reps and 1 pps for 25 reps....this was technically all one big set it was over 200 reps and my adductors are soreeeeeeee!

Laying Hamstring Curl - 70lbs for 20 reps, 90lbs for 15 reps, 100lbs for 12 reps then a drop set 100lbs for 12 reps, 90lbs for 6 reps, 80lbs for 6 reps, 70lbs for 6 reps and 60lbs for 15 reps

Walking-Lunges - Alright the rule here was I lunge from one side of the gym and back and that is one set (no weights used) then as soon as I got back my wife had to go then as soon as she got back I go again etc etc...what this does is make sure you have little rest time because it is easy to slack on lunges. The rule was we wouldn't stop until someone collapsed and in this case I collapsed 2 times in the third set!

Then Saturday I did Arms:

Overhead Tricep Extension machine - whole stack for 4 sets of 15 reps

Seated DB curls - 3 sets of 12 using the 25's and 1 set of 12 using the 30's...really taking these slow and pausing at the top

Overhead Tricep Extension w/ DB's - 35's for 15, 45's for 15, 55's for 15
*super-setted with*
Barbell curls - 45lbs for 20 reps, 65lbs for 15 reps, 85lbs - didn't count the reps just pushed to failure..paused then pushed to failure..paused then pushed to failure again

Hammer Curls with DB's one arm at a time (like a concentration curl) - 25's for 12, 30's for 12, 35's for 12, 40's for 12

Underhand Tricep Pushdowns - 4 sets at 100lbs very slow and controlled to get a good pump to end the workout

That was my weekend! Yesterday I just did cardio but took off from the weights. Today I will hit back. My weight this morning was 235lbs. Still hovering in the 232-235lb range. Next week I might bump the food up a tad and focus on getting more weight on we shall see

SizeUp

Awards
That was a crazy leg session man.. it hurt me kinda lol. I like that you and your wife were seeing who would collapse first that's awesome! I didn't know Jasen Huh lived in Fl man, he a big a** dude. It'll keep you wanted to be bigger and bigger. Lifestyle tends to have nice gyms. The one in my home town is really nice. They seem to support training hard at that location, hope it's that way at yours... seems to be tho with that leg session lol

benawesome

Awards
That was a crazy leg session man.. it hurt me kinda lol. I like that you and your wife were seeing who would collapse first that's awesome! I didn't know Jasen Huh lived in Fl man, he a big a** dude. It'll keep you wanted to be bigger and bigger. Lifestyle tends to have nice gyms. The one in my home town is really nice. They seem to support training hard at that location, hope it's that way at yours... seems to be tho with that leg session lol
that leg session was a painful one! Almost threw up for sure. My wife didn't do the leg press the way I did so she was fine haha but man after that leg press lunges were rough. Jason lives right here in Sarasota and he is HUGE! It is motivating and at the same time unmotivating haha. You see him and you're like damn I wanna be at that point but then you also kind of feel like it will never happen. Dude is a genetic freak. The lifestyles here are good! They definitely are all about bodybuilders and powerlifters because of Jason being there I think. He is probably pulling a ton of people into that gym.