My Back

Brolic

Brolic

Banned
Awards
  • Established
a prone Y is in this article. TESTOSTERONE NATION - Top Priority for Lower Traps

I prone T is like a y except your arms are in the shape of a...T

I am trying to help you but you wont read the articles I post. These will help you. Read the artcile and it will tell you why a wall slidei s different from a shoulder press and what it does. I have seen counltess athletes with these issues, including myself. If you ask me another question that shows me you didnt read an article I posted, you are on your own.
I DO READ THE,. i want to get better

Brolic

Brolic

Banned
Awards
  • Established
.wHAT DOES THIS MEAN. Dont do any fixed pivot machines for the upper body

Hbs6

Hbs6

Awards
  • Established
No thats not what I am saying. It means do the movements outlined in your warm up just to groove a proper motor recruitment patterns. Do them on off days...just get these movements in somewhere to activate the lower traps. And if you do a scap push up which you probably should...[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Xa3ryZ28pI"]YouTube - MTB Strength Training System - Scap Pushup[/ame]

These will help activate your serratus anterior, which proably turned off with your jacked up muscles around the scap.

1)I am not saying stop doing anything that is in your program. That would be a whole different issue and quite you will have to read some on your own to figure out how you want train, but right now I see an obvious issue in your pictures. And these excerises should help you.

2)Do the movements outlines above at some point...For your warm up...on off days, ect. Dont kill them though, just 2-3 sets of 8-10 for each.

3)You have to really think about using your lower traps as yours probably dont like working. So concentrate when doing them.

4)Read through the lower trap article again i sent you from Mike Robertson.

5) Give this stuff sometime. This will take a month or two...possibly longer. This is a pretty good scapular winging.

6)I hope this was outlined well enough for you.

Brolic

Brolic

Banned
Awards
  • Established
THANK YOU.. one th artlice said to stop benching, pull-ups, pull downs, .. that why i asked..

Hbs6

Hbs6

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, i mean it all depends on who you talk to but who is goign to stop doing all of their movements. If I were you I would maybe switch some things up if you have been sticking with the same movements for a while. But be patient, you can fix that. And you are very welcome.

Brolic

Brolic

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I understand. i am read the artlices and im still REreading too..

where ismy left lat tho? I can row 120 DB with both sides tho, so the left isnt weaker tho..

Brolic

Brolic

Banned
Awards
  • Established
some of those angles look a little better to me...have you been doing the correctives? And if you havent yet, some prone T's and Y's might be good too...
T, Y, L are great.

i have been doing the X movement with bands

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Hbs6,

What is meant by 'depressing the scapula'?

Brolic

Brolic

Banned
Awards
  • Established
and brolic you said your lat is tight now?
yea,, its gets tight when im on my laptop of hunchin gover goin HW .. but when imout walking around, its feel fines.

Where should i got to pro help
?

Hbs6

Hbs6

Awards
  • Established
Oh I love corrective exercises...anyways....

Tight lat when you are hunched over? First off this is very hard but when you are sitting try and maintain a good posture, its almost the only way to keep those muscles active in your back. For the lat? Get a foam roller and roll that thing out 3-5 times a week and I bet you will feel way better.

Drzjoint

Awards
heres the deal with you. you have a lot of real good potential however you need to go see a chiropractor because you have a drop shoulder. it is usually because of a problem in your pelvis that is a easy fix as song as you see a licensed chiropractor. also ask about foot orthotics alot of my patients have a slight leg deficiency or flat feet and when i correct it for them they have less pain are stronger and look more semetrical. and thats what counts on stage is to be semetrical

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Since there seem to be some very knowledge people in here Id thought Id post this here. This is pick taken last year. I am standing perfectly straight yet my hips are uneven. I also have some pec and trap asymmetry. I do have flat feet. Anybody have any idea what wrong with me?

Attachments

Hbs6

Hbs6

Awards
  • Established
OK, well pushing out your left shoulder blade I am not sure if you mean making it wing, or if you have trouble making it rotate (or abduct) away from the body. As I have not seen your back but the same for you, prone T's, Y's, W's, L's, and H's to start things off and then maybe move on to something a little harder. You just need overall scapular stability to start. No remember, if your left shoulder is jacked up, its not that weird that the opposite side pelvis is going to be pulled up towards it. All of that **** is almost kind of connected. If look at the way the muscle fibers of the glute run and the same for the muscles around the shoulder you would see that if the lats werent there it would look like one big X on your back. But one issue usually spawns from another with these cases.

For your Hips, yoga draw ins, which look very simplistic will be hard for you, because I am willing to bet that the majority of the muscles in your lower abs probably arent working properly but I cant see that from that angle but its probable. Also Glute med/max activation such as glute bridges would help here.

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance_repair/get_your_butt_in_gear

http://www.t-nation.com/article/performance_training/get_your_butt_in_gear_ii&cr=

THose are very simple, helpful articles from some very smart people. IN part 2 pay special attention to the static lunges as those should be great for you. THis is tough to just do through the internet but that stuff should help you and get you started off. I hope thta helped. You will be surprised on how just doing some of those things in your warm up or at the end of your workout will make vast improvements over time. Let me know if you need anything else.

Hbs6

Hbs6

Awards
  • Established
Oh yeah, simple retraction exercises with a band should also be an easy scapular stability exercise for you to use, and several of the others are in earlier parts of the thread I think.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks a lot man! I really appreciate everything! Time to go to rehab!!

burymestanding

burymestanding

Awards
I know this sounds lame, but I have had similar thoughts about myself. I used the wii fitboard to check my center of balance, and found that I have way more pressure on my left leg, so im pretty sure its my spine... just an easy way to tell