Msten Cycle Questions

russo604

Awards
Hey guys i'm new to the forum but i'll get right into it. I'm 22 years old 5' 6" and 140lbs. I've been lifting for about 4 years but haven't been steady until the last year and a half with good diet. I've done 1 hdrol cycle from vital labs halo-v for a 4 week cycle at 50/75/75/75. I chose Msten for my next cycle and here's the plan:

msten 10/20/20/20
CEL cycle assist (leftover from halo) will pre-load 2 weeks and take throughout entire cycle/pct
liv 52 will pre-load 2 weeks and take throughout entire cycle/pct
Along with the usual fish oils, multi, etc.

PCT:

Nolva 20/20/10/10
DAA 3g ed
cycle assist
liv52

I just want to know how this cycle looks in general with dosages and supporting supps. Should i add or remove anything? Any change in doses? Is there anything I could do to help sex drive during cycle?

Do you suggest I run or have an AI on hand?

Also I will be going on spring break a week after cycle so I am concerned about any flareups (I will bring nolva with me) and libido/sexual performance issues so if anyone has any suggestions there as well that would be awesome.

I'm open to any and all suggestions and let me know if any other info is needed. Thanks!

russo604

Awards
Thanks for the reply, I'll definitely pick up some tribulus and give that a shot

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Msten dosage is on the low-end, but you should see some nice gains. That liv52 is a waste of money but if you've already bought it, use it. CEL Cycle Assist provides great coverage. You could have an AI on hand, it's always a good idea, but you most likely won't use it. Otherwise, looks like you've done your homework. Nice work.

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I would have an AI for use the last few weeks of pct. A bottle of DAA typically lasts about 6 weeks, so a low dose of Aromasin during that time is a good call.

russo604

Awards
What do you think I should dose it at Rhadam? I wanted to take it easy since it's only my 2nd cycle but i'm open to upping the dose. How will I know if I need to start using an AI? Are there other signs besides puffy nips/gyno?

highlander31

highlander31

Awards
  • Established
What do you think I should dose it at Rhadam? I wanted to take it easy since it's only my 2nd cycle but i'm open to upping the dose. How will I know if I need to start using an AI? Are there other signs besides puffy nips/gyno?
You should be good without an AI unless those things pop up. Also, if youre starting to hold water and just want to dry out a bit.

Maybe try 10mg first 3 days and bump to 20mg till that sets in (probably about 2 weeks or so) and when you feel ready bump to 25mg (depending on capsule dose)

russo604

Awards
Ok sounds good I'll try dosing it like that. I'll also be going on spring break the week after I'm done my pct. I'll be bringing nolva just in case of any estrogen spikes. Will this be enough? I also have 16 - 25mg capsules of hdrol left. I don't see myself running halo again so would it be beneficial at all to stack them both until i run out of the halo? If not I'll just keep it around. Thanks

highlander31

highlander31

Awards
  • Established
Ok sounds good I'll try dosing it like that. I'll also be going on spring break the week after I'm done my pct. I'll be bringing nolva just in case of any estrogen spikes. Will this be enough? I also have 16 - 25mg capsules of hdrol left. I don't see myself running halo again so would it be beneficial at all to stack them both until i run out of the halo? If not I'll just keep it around. Thanks
you could if you wanted but you really wont get anything out of the halo and just run risks of increased sides.

Also, I didnt see your PCT, but you should run something like arimistane or aromasin 2 weeks past PCT to combat any estrogen rebound. Tamox would work, but wont dec. estrogen just stop it binding mainly to breast tissue receptors. Be wary of binge drinking over spring break that soon after PCT too.

russo604

Awards
What aromasin dosing do you suggest for those 2 weeks post pct? I will definitely be drinking over spring break but will keep it controlled

russo604

Awards
What if I were to take erase pro during my pct, would I still need aromasin after pct?

highlander31

highlander31

Awards
  • Established
its a personal call on how you want to structure your PCT. aromasin can typically be ran in PCT as 0/0/12.5/12.5/12.5/12.5

russo604

Awards
What do you think about pes erase? If I used that is this dosing good 0/0/3/3/2/2caps

Brutus007

Awards
Msten dosage is on the low-end, but you should see some nice gains. That liv52 is a waste of money but if you've already bought it, use it. CEL Cycle Assist provides great coverage. You could have an AI on hand, it's always a good idea, but you most likely won't use it. Otherwise, looks like you've done your homework. Nice work.
Rhadam, I have two bottles of msten i am using with epi for bulking. Ive been running msten at 16/20 for the first two weeks and i was wondering if it was safe to bump up my msten to 30 even for another 4 weeks?

russo604

Awards
Have you noticed anything 2 weeks in? Do you feel like your dose is too low? I had initially planned on only going up to 20 but I bought a second bottle just in case. Will be starting tomorrow

russo604

Awards
Hey guys just checking in and looking for some more advice. I started Jan 16th so i'm in my 3rd week. I'm noticing strength gains but nothing to report on weight gain or size. I also bumped up to 30mg last week. I've been concentrating mostly on getting my protein in, getting at least 230g per day. My question is, what do i need to adjust to gain mass? Should i focus on getting more carbs rather than protein? I've been lifting 6 days a week and killing it in the gym sticking to around 8 reps for my exercises with the plan to go heavy weight/low reps in my pct to keep strength gains moving and prevent muscle loss. In my previous cycle of Halo-v I had gained around 5lbs by this time and my diet was worse, i also was doing a strength/mass building program similar to 5x5 though so maybe thats why? Any suggestions? The only sides i'm experiencing is loss of libido and back pumps here and there. I would consider trying 40mg ed but I have a feeling the problem lies within my diet. Any help is greatly appreciated!

highlander31

highlander31

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys just checking in and looking for some more advice. I started Jan 16th so i'm in my 3rd week. I'm noticing strength gains but nothing to report on weight gain or size. I also bumped up to 30mg last week. I've been concentrating mostly on getting my protein in, getting at least 230g per day. My question is, what do i need to adjust to gain mass? Should i focus on getting more carbs rather than protein? I've been lifting 6 days a week and killing it in the gym sticking to around 8 reps for my exercises with the plan to go heavy weight/low reps in my pct to keep strength gains moving and prevent muscle loss. In my previous cycle of Halo-v I had gained around 5lbs by this time and my diet was worse, i also was doing a strength/mass building program similar to 5x5 though so maybe thats why? Any suggestions? The only sides i'm experiencing is loss of libido and back pumps here and there. I would consider trying 40mg ed but I have a feeling the problem lies within my diet. Any help is greatly appreciated!
what brand msten? stats? Yes to carbs. I was putting away about 450g each day with a refeed day on the weekend with starting weight at 212 and ending 225.

russo604

Awards
It's IML msten rx. Im 22 at 5' 6" sitting at 140lbs. That must be the problem, i put so much concentration on getting as much protein as possible because of the increase in protein synthesis I guess I didn't put enough focus on carbs.

russo604

Awards
Any other suggestions? If this turns out the be the problem I was thinking of running it 5 weeks instead of the initial plan of 4 since I lost some precious time. Only problem would be that on my last week of pct i will be on spring break, so i wont be able to hit the gym and diet as well as i'd like but i still will be able to bring all of my supps with me. Do you think It'd be ok to go 5 weeks (as long as sides are ok) or should i stick to 4 so i dont have pct during my spring break in Florida?

highlander31

highlander31

Awards
  • Established
Any other suggestions? If this turns out the be the problem I was thinking of running it 5 weeks instead of the initial plan of 4 since I lost some precious time. Only problem would be that on my last week of pct i will be on spring break, so i wont be able to hit the gym and diet as well as i'd like but i still will be able to bring all of my supps with me. Do you think It'd be ok to go 5 weeks (as long as sides are ok) or should i stick to 4 so i dont have pct during my spring break in Florida?
Thats gunna be a personal call man. Totally up to you for cycle length and PCT.

My suggestion is to suck it up and eat. I was bloated and hated eating my entire cycle and even now in PCT. IF you want the gains, you have to eat. Protein should be the easy part. I would personally recommend a starting point on 225g pro, 350g carb, and 60ish fat if youre counting.

If youre not gaining weight, eat more carbs. If you are gaining too much fat, dec carbs a touch and inc pro slightly and inc fat.

russo604

Awards
Ok thanks for the help, I'll lower my protein a little and make sure I get some more carbs. I'll also start pounding milk for extra help

barrymcokiner

Banned
Awards
Your 140 pounds- You don't need anywhere near 240 grams of protein everyday. That is severe overkill. Get some carbs in your life, Msten needs carbs. If you haven't gained weight and your in week 3, something is definitely off.

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
Your 140 pounds- You don't need anywhere near 240 grams of protein everyday. That is severe overkill. Get some carbs in your life, Msten needs carbs. If you haven't gained weight and your in week 3, something is definitely off.
This. Up the carbs to 500g a day for a week and get back to us, keep protein at 1g per body weight too

russo604

Awards
Just checking in I've lowered my protein and increased my carb intake and i'm up 5lbs so that was definitely it. Even when off cycle should I be following the same protocol? Thanks for the help guys, I'll report back again soon.

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just checking in I've lowered my protein and increased my carb intake and i'm up 5lbs so that was definitely it. Even when off cycle should I be following the same protocol? Thanks for the help guys, I'll report back again soon.
At least through pct, yes.

russo604

Awards
Ok, after pct what would you suggest my protein intake should be? Again I'm an ectomorph at 140lbs and 5' 6"