Moved: My Review of Clif 20g Builder's Protein Bar

WarcraftJJS

WarcraftJJS

Awards
  • Established
Well this is my first review on AnabolicMinds so (Be Nice).:type:

How I got to try this Protein Bar.:18:
Was out with the wife at Trader Joes and I was buying some FFCC, Natty PB, and other things and as I was going down the Protein/Training Bars, I seen this I'm sure not new "Clif 20g Protein Builder's Bar". And I thought to myself why don't you try this Clif Bar. So here is what I thought of this Clif Bar.

Numbers:
Cal: 270
Cals from fat: 70
Pro: 20g
Fat: 8g
Sat. Fat: 5g
Cholesterol: 0mg
Sodium: 230mg
Potassium 220mg
Total Carb. 30g

Taste: 9/10
Well I'm not really a protein bar type guy, I like to get most of my protein from foods, protein drinks, and that New Whey 42g Protein shot (if anyone would like a Review of this I can).

And I must say this is one of the better tasting Protein bars I have had. It does look like it was dipped into Chocolate (Kind of looks like a flattened Snickers bar); it has two separate levels a softer Cocoa top layer and a Crispy Cocoa bottom layer. But it does not taste like a Chocolate Overload like I have had in other Bars. It is a Bar that I could see myself eating every so often for a different source of protein.

The travelable of this bar: 6/10
It is a Chocolate type dipped bar so probley not to good on a hot day in your car or in your shorts will melt. But if you are using it as a snack in the gym or at your desk at work not bad. Does come in a nice package and looks like it can take some abuse but will bend like a regular candy wrapper.

Ending thoughts:

I do like this taste and feel of this Protein Bar.
Would recommend this Bar to other people.

Pics:
Unopened.

Out of package:

Stats:

Thanks for Reading.:burnout:

Tone

Tone

Awards
  • Established
I eat these a few times per week, all organic and very tasty!!!

WarcraftJJS

WarcraftJJS

Awards
  • Established
Ya I really like this bar.

Fear

Fear

Awards
Not bad if you can't have a shake instead, but 5 grams of saturated fat is pretty hefty. 20 grams of sugar doesn't make me too drawn to it either. And soy protein isolate? C'mahn. Not bad for an emergency protein fix if you're on the go, but I would just buy some whey protein isolate and keep it in a bottle.

WarcraftJJS

WarcraftJJS

Awards
  • Established
Not bad if you can't have a shake instead, but 5 grams of saturated fat is pretty hefty. 20 grams of sugar doesn't make me too drawn to it either. And soy protein isolate? C'mahn. Not bad for an emergency protein fix if you're on the go, but I would just buy some whey protein isolate and keep it in a bottle.
Very true. I use it just for a snake before my workout it helps with the carbs and the protein and you use it up in your work out.:dl: