Most overrated QB's in the NFL!

Sir Foxx

Sir Foxx

Awards
  • Established
I wish Farve could have a couple ending seasons like Elway had. I really think all QBs envy Elway's last few seasons, they were the BEST way to go out.
I can't think of a better, storybook NFL career than what Elway had. #1 overall draft pick, 3 SuperBowl blowout losses early in his career that cast aspersions on his ability to get it done(not my opinion but the one that was probably most believed), some tough times in the middle of the career, then putting it altogether with 2 consective SuperBowl wins(should have been 3 if not for Jacksonville, those bitches:lol: ), then retire as one of, if not the greatest QB of all time.

LuckyBoy

Awards
  • Established
since vick is such a curse and horrible passer and overrated id thought id throw this out there, atl is 30-12-1 when vick starts and 7-15 when he doesnt. man he's really killing the falcons isnt he? just think what the record would be like if he wasnt OV-ER-RA-TED!!! this concludes my sarcasm for the day.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
When will people start discussing how much of a bust David Carr, Micheal Vick, and others are. Many of these Quarterbacks have talent but either can't stay upright enough(David Carr), aren't smart enough to run a system or tough enough(M.V) and others can't stay healthy(Chad Pennington, Brian Leftwich, Chris Sims and many others).

I can't wait till Matt Leinart comes to the NFL next year. Oh and what is up with all these injuries this year. My fantasy team is definitely dead!
Okay this one is gonna ruffle few feathers, but my pick is Carson Palmer. This guy is basically doing what Vick did last year with wins. Atlanta had a great record, but there schedule was so easy I think they only ended up playing like 3 teams with a winning record. Same goes for Palmer He has only played 1 team that is good or considered a superbowl contender and they lost that game. By the end of the year they will probably only have played 2 or 3 teams with a winning record.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
since vick is such a curse and horrible passer and overrated id thought id throw this out there, atl is 30-12-1 when vick starts and 7-15 when he doesnt. man he's really killing the falcons isnt he? just think what the record would be like if he wasnt OV-ER-RA-TED!!! this concludes my sarcasm for the day.
Thank you for that stat, I know VG won't agree but a .697 winning percentage with Vick and a .318 winning percentage without him is not just a coincidence. True, Vick has a good defense to support him but this team is clearly not the same without him.

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
I wish Farve could have a couple ending seasons like Elway had. I really think all QBs envy Elway's last few seasons, they were the BEST way to go out.
Elway went out the way a great QB should. I would hate to see Farve go out this way. Too bad Marino didn't finish that way .........

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
Thank you for that stat, I know VG won't agree but a .697 winning percentage with Vick and a .318 winning percentage without him is not just a coincidence. True, Vick has a good defense to support him but this team is clearly not the same without him.
If it's all about winning percentages why aren't you going nuts about Brady then? When the falcons play a really good defense that can shut the run down they are up ****'s creek. If the falcons get into a situation where they are behind and running the ball isn't a option they are going to be screwed. At this point Vick is below 50 % in the accuracy department.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Big Ben is another guy that proves you don't have to be a great QB to win considering the guys around him. Then again, if he has to pass he is much better than Vick is. Ben doesn't make a whole lot of mistakes either. Bottomline, Vick will never win the SB unless he decides to become a QB.

LuckyBoy

Awards
  • Established
But at the same time you can say that the falcons cannot win the sb without vick, as shown by their winning percentage with and without him. Defenses have lined 8-9 in the box all year cuz they kno atl is going to run but guess what? Theyre still on pace to shatter the all time rush yards per game average. I'd argue that no player makes as much difference to a team as Vick does to atl. And if that's true then he can't be overrated. But if your arguement is simply, his numbers suck, so does he, then I dont know how else to open your eyes.

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
But at the same time you can say that the falcons cannot win the sb without vick, as shown by their winning percentage with and without him. Defenses have lined 8-9 in the box all year cuz they kno atl is going to run but guess what? Theyre still on pace to shatter the all time rush yards per game average. I'd argue that no player makes as much difference to a team as Vick does to atl. And if that's true then he can't be overrated. But if your arguement is simply, his numbers suck, so does he, then I dont know how else to open your eyes.
How would you determine how good a QB is? By winning percentage? If that's the case why aren't you falling to your knees saying Brady or Ben Roth are the greatest QB's in the game? Also if you go by winning percentage you have to include the rest of the team in the equation. How well are the patriots or the Steelers going to do if either one of them were knocked out? If you go by numbers Vick flat out sucks. As I said before when atl plays a good defense who can stop the run they are in trouble because their QB can't throw the ball.

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
Sep 12 Philadelphia Won 14-10
Sep 18 @Seattle Lost 18-21
Sep 25 @Buffalo Won 24-16
Oct 2 Minnesota Won 30-10
Oct 9 New England Lost 28-31
Oct 16 @New Orleans (San Antonio, TX) Won 34-31
Oct 24 N.Y. Jets Won 27-14
Week 8 BYE
Nov 6 @Miami 1:00pm 709 107 131
Nov 13 Green Bay 4:15pm 712 125 126
Nov 20 Tampa Bay 1:00pm 708 121 125
Nov 24 @Detroit 12:30pm 126 124
Dec 4 @Carolina 1:00pm 709 147 181
Dec 12 New Orleans 9:00pm 125 124
Dec 18 @Chicago 8:30pm 126 127
Dec 24 @Tampa Bay 1:00pm 712 117 107
Jan 1 Carolina 1:00pm 704

Looks like they will walk into the play offs again. Their div. is obviously between them and Carolina.

Sep 11 New Orleans Lost 20-23
Sep 18 New England Won 27-17
Sep 25 @Miami Lost 24-27
Oct 3 Green Bay Won 32-29
Oct 9 @Arizona Won 24-20
Oct 16 @Detroit Won 21-20
Week 7 BYE
Oct 30 Minnesota Won 38-13
Nov 6 @Tampa Bay 1:00pm 712 119 127
Nov 13 N.Y. Jets 4:05pm 714 117 144
Nov 20 @Chicago 1:00pm 709 119 118
Nov 27 @Buffalo 1:00pm 704 145 117
Dec 4 Atlanta 1:00pm 709 147 181
Dec 11 Tampa Bay 1:00pm 709 127 110
Dec 18 @New Orleans (Baton Rouge, LA) 1:00pm 706 127 110
Dec 24 Dallas 1:00pm 709 146 145
Jan 1 @Atlanta

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Big Ben is another guy that proves you don't have to be a great QB to win considering the guys around him. Then again, if he has to pass he is much better than Vick is. Ben doesn't make a whole lot of mistakes either. Bottomline, Vick will never win the SB unless he decides to become a QB.
Yep, it's true. Straight up he's not talented enough with his legs. And By that I mean, he would have already won the superbowl if that were so. He is ahead of most running backs in the league, okay true, but it isn't to the point wear he is running a 3.9 and juking people like Barry Sanders. He may be the 'best athlete' in the league but he alone can't carry a team.

I wan't to see him play from behind in the pocket against a good team.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
as for elway, he was much better later in his career - perhaps a reflection of how the denver O-Line improved, Terrell Davis and a good defense...

it makes all the difference in the world.

LuckyBoy

Awards
  • Established
good lord people, give the man some time to develop! everybody is casting him as the worst qb in the history of the league when this is only his 3rd full season starting and 2nd in this offense. he also came out of college as a soph so he's still incredibly young. i saw on another site somebody comparing vicks numbers his first three years in the wco to what steve young did and it wasnt terribly different. im not saying thats what vick will become but im just saying give him some time. hell, brady didnt even start for michigan in college. and he shared time with the god-like drew henson!! lol but look at him now. give him a couple more years and if he still cant throw then i will jump on the marcus vick bandwagon. :run:

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
He does have one of the worst passer ratings in the league right now. Maybe you're right though. Maybe Vick will pull his head out of his ass and stop being so selfish and become a good QB one of these days. I believe the potential is there. Until then, he will only be sub-par.

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Keep in mind we're talking the QB position here.

Take Vick out of the QB poisition and put him as a running back... he sucks.

Leave him at QB and tell him he can ONLY throw... he sucks.

Why Vick can do what he does is because of playing the QB position and defences having to defend the pass but at the same time, still having to watch for him to take off and run it for 20 or 30 yards. It's his position at QB that gives him this opportunity.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
eli manning is ahead of vick

LuckyBoy

Awards
  • Established
eli manning also, i believe, started like 3 years at ole miss in a pass first offense. not to mention the gene pool he comes from and the guidance his brother and father could provide. eli might be testing his bother in a few years so there's no way i would even put eli and vick in the same sentance besides both win.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
eli manning is ahead of vick
I would still think it's a little early to make that comparison right now, Eli has not even won a road game in his life. Eli will get a lot better though and if he has the same caliber weapons and a better defense than he will reign supreme in the NFC, unless Alex Smith and the 49ers have something to say about it :lol:

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
fair enough guys, still Manning seems more poised in year 2 in the offense than Vick in year 2 of his offense. I think many would agree that Vick has the better players around him

LuckyBoy

Awards
  • Established
fair enough guys, still Manning seems more poised in year 2 in the offense than Vick in year 2 of his offense. I think many would agree that Vick has the better players around him
i most definitely would not!! lol i'll take burress, toomer and shockey over jenkins, finneran and crumpler anyday of the week and 2 times on sunday!!! dunn may be a little bit better than tiki but it in no way shape or form makes up for the difference in wide out talent.

asap nutrition

Awards
  • Established
is he over rated as a passer? of course. there are the few optimists of us left who still believe he will develop in time. but the fact remains that he wins games from the qb position. wither it's by running or throwing that's all that matters, the w. i think culpepper is the most overrated in the league.
What is funny is that people that do defend him are quick to mention that either he has had two new coaches and three new offensive coordinators since he has been in the NFL. Or that he wins. I wonder how many will still defend him win he starts losing or when he can't get beyond a certain playoff game because you need a qb that can atleast have a 70 qb rating or better. Plus I say that he is over rated because he favors his left way to much-rather it is throwing to the left side of the field or running the bootleg that way. He can't depend on his speed and athlectism anymore because much of the league has caught up to him. Plus he isn't much of a tough player. I mean when he is hit, he never bounces back up. It is always a scare inside the GA DOme when he is hit because he takes a moment to get back up.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
i most definitely would not!! lol i'll take burress, toomer and shockey over jenkins, finneran and crumpler anyday of the week and 2 times on sunday!!! dunn may be a little bit better than tiki but it in no way shape or form makes up for the difference in wide out talent.
Yeah, I see what you are saying but... A guy named Pearless Price went to ATL to be the #1 guy - and failed terribly - it's not all his fault. I think it's more of an issue of Vick throwing downfield. The Giants wideouts are better I'll definitely grant you. I'll actually take Crumpler over Shockey.

The Falcons offense and the Giants offense are actually pretty similar.

Tiki Barber = Warrick Dunn
Brandon Jacobs = TJ Duckett

The offensive lines are about equal. The Falcons D is definitely better than the G-men though

LuckyBoy

Awards
  • Established
vick looked damn good in the game today, 22-31 228 yds a td and no ints. he was accurate and throwing with intenisty. maybe this starts the turn around?! he started 7-7 before he threw one away. all against a pretty good miami defense. maybe he was pissed about how miami crushed his little brother last night? lol

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Yeah and guess who won without Culpepper.

not_big_enuf

not_big_enuf

Awards
  • Established
I could get 6 bums off the street, 3 cats, a dog, 4 paralyzed alligators, a couch, some rats, 6 cups of coffee and we could beat the Lions. They aren't even a real football team...

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
I could get 6 bums off the street, 3 cats, a dog, 4 paralyzed alligators, a couch, some rats, 6 cups of coffee and we could beat the Lions. They aren't even a real football team...
Their D is ok. Point is, they don't need the guy.

Vinter

Awards
80% of Brady's job ? Quarterbacking is primarily a cerebral position, no one can do 80% of the thinking for you when they are worried about protecting your ass. If you put real pressure on any QB than they are done, Brady's not the only one who would be affected by a pass rush

Brady is also pretty good against the pass rush, he's saved himself many times by doing that thing with his shoulders, gets away and fires em off, not to mention he's been playing with an injured shoulder to begin with. he stays calm even in bad situations, which is a big + .. he's definately one of the nfl's top qb's and has definately already got himself a spot in the hall of fame as long as he keeps a decent career (probably wouldnt matter, I think he's in when he retires) the only for sure person I'd say is better, is probably Manning.

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
He does have one of the worst passer ratings in the league right now. Maybe you're right though. Maybe Vick will pull his head out of his ass and stop being so selfish and become a good QB one of these days. I believe the potential is there. Until then, he will only be sub-par.
...is it me or does the ball always seem to come out a little weird when Vick throws it. Even if it is a tight spiral , there just seems to be a strange rotation or something.He also has a bad habit of putting the ball on the wrong shoulder of the receiver. Maybe it's a left-handed thing, although Steve Young's passes seemed alot more catchable. Especially when they were being caught by Jerry Rice and Terrell Owens.

LuckyBoy

Awards
  • Established
is this stretch enough to sway some vick haters yet? as for the way the ball looks after he throws it, mike snaps his wrist when he throws which is kind of an unorthidox way of throwing. it goes with his quick release and his subsequent inability to throw a pretty touch pass. in time tho...

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
How about that Michael Vick?

lol

Two losses in a week and since LuckyBoy says...Dirty Birds go as Vick goes... must mean Vick ain't going a whole lot the past couple weeks :D

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
How about that Michael Vick?

lol

Two losses in a week and since LuckyBoy says...Dirty Birds go as Vick goes... must mean Vick ain't going a whole lot the past couple weeks :D
What's funny and ironic at the same time is, Vick had a good game this weekend (check the stats). Maybe for the Falcons to win, Vick needs to play sloppy like we're used to seeing.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Vick is always hanging his head, getting up slow and walking unenthusically back to the huddle. He sits on the sideline not even watching the game.

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
What's funny and ironic at the same time is, Vick had a good game this weekend (check the stats). Maybe for the Falcons to win, Vick needs to play sloppy like we're used to seeing.
Yeah. I know the stats were good for him. But it goes to show that he can't get the job done when he's made to play a traditional QB role.

So, overrated QB? Damn straight. Overrated slot back? No.

LuckyBoy

Awards
  • Established
Yeah. I know the stats were good for him. But it goes to show that he can't get the job done when he's made to play a traditional QB role.

So, overrated QB? Damn straight. Overrated slot back? No.
HOLY **** MAN! clearly you didnt see the game!! the offense puts up 450 yds and 27 points against the number 2 defense in the league and it's still vick's fault they cant win?!?!?! how about their so called amazing defense stopping somebody when it matters?! the job WAS done as a traditional qb with some added vick escapability. the defense is letting this team down and anybody who pays any attention to anything but the box score is realizing that. ****.

LuckyBoy

Awards
  • Established
Maybe for the Falcons to win, Vick needs to play sloppy like we're used to seeing.
i thought the same initially but it's really the defense's fault. they cant stop the run to save their lives right now. they seem to put up good overall numbers but always crack when good defenses just bend. anytime you score 27 points you shouldnt lose. especially against the bucs offense.

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
HOLY **** MAN! clearly you didnt see the game!! the offense puts up 450 yds and 27 points against the number 2 defense in the league and it's still vick's fault they cant win?!?!?! how about their so called amazing defense stopping somebody when it matters?! the job WAS done as a traditional qb with some added vick escapability. the defense is letting this team down and anybody who pays any attention to anything but the box score is realizing that. ****.
Now, explain Green Bay? :D

I didn't see the game, unfortunately but I don't care. TB may be #2 but the last 3 week they've allowed some god awfuly numbers against them.

LuckyBoy

Awards
  • Established
Now, explain Green Bay? :D
he had good numbers against green bay to! the defense let some unknown rack up huge numbers against them. vick has had a 90+ passer rating for 3 straight weeks. 6 team turnovers will lose a game against anybody, no matter who you are. but if you want to continue to blame vick for every falcon loss, the defense failing and fucking global warming i guess that is your decision.

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
So what you're saying is it DOES take more than just Vick to win games?

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
*cough*

im so sick of all this running back who plays qb crap.guess what? he's 5-1 this year. stats dont mean anything without the w. and he wins. consistently. this is vick's 4th yr in the league, 3rd starting and the first time he's had the same offensive coordinator for back to back years. everyone is so quick to jump down his throat since his passing numbers arent the greatest, but until the league proves they can stop his running and make him stay in the pocket ALL the time then why change the formula that has worked VERY well? plays selfish LOL. i guess any play maker in the league is selfish then? anybody who improvises to keep moving the sticks is all about him? anybody who dives for the first instead of sliding to avoid a hit is all about numbers? give me a break. you cant argue with the wins. and thats where that arguement should end.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
interesting that you make note of this since no qb watches the game when the defense plays. at least not the good ones.
Manning did yesterday.
vick sits there trying to remind people hes a thug - and thug don't care bout no one but theyself

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Ahh most good QB's don't care much about the game going on without them. They're talking with receivers and linemen. Reviewing photos of previous plays and defensive alignments, etc.

That's what a good QB SHOULD be doing. Not watching the game.

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
Vick has been playing better the past few weeks. At the dolphins he was something like 20 of 30 for 200 or so yards and in the Tampa bay game he threw for 300 yards which is a hell of allot better than 10 of 25 for 150 yards which was what he did in the first half of the season. It will be interesting to see if he can keep it up. It's funny to me that when they win Vick gets it done and when they loose it's someone else's fault.

LuckyBoy

Awards
  • Established
sweet jesus my arguements are getting gang raped lol. i cant be the only vick backer on this forum?! help! :toofunny:

LuckyBoy

Awards
  • Established
this may sound a bit ridiculous to some but i compare this team right now to the colts of the past. now hear me out. i can hear your replies being typed already. now they dont air it out like manning and they dont put up the obnoxious points but they do score enough to win. but the defense has been giving up more points than they can score lately. once the defense puts things back together again they will be a force in the nfc. the team goes as vick goes. that has always been true. i believe this team is better than they were last year and are still capable of having a better record than last year. but you guys saying that these losses are vick's fault are like saying peyton's losses earlier in his career were his fault (all of them besides against ne which were his fault)

weeenisss

Board Supporter
Awards
he had good numbers against green bay to! the defense let some unknown rack up huge numbers against them. vick has had a 90+ passer rating for 3 straight weeks. 6 team turnovers will lose a game against anybody, no matter who you are. but if you want to continue to blame vick for every falcon loss, the defense failing and fucking global warming i guess that is your decision.
Samkon Gado( rookie from Nigeria, 5th string RB now starting due to Green, Davenport and Fisher all being injured and actually has been doing a better job than any of them the last few games, he looked really good in the last couple games but its too early to see if he is for real or not.) put those numbers up, and Vick got rocked in that game, he was contained and pressured and forced to pass instead of run.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
haha Sam Gado is the slowest player I've seen in a long long long time, can't believe he has been effective. Vick is an excellent scrambler and a below average / average passer = slighty above average.

Most overrated QB in the NFL is: Kyle Boller.
He's not just a bad quarterback (which most people think). He is absolutely pathetic. He is dreadful.

weeenisss

Board Supporter
Awards
haha Sam Gado is the slowest player I've seen in a long long long time, can't believe he has been effective. quote]

since when is a 4.4 40yd slow? but he does fumble too much, thats why he got pulled