Morning workouts = high carbs before leg day?

ckjavier

ckjavier

Awards
I'm about to start carb cycling for the first time, and many forums I've read say to save high carb days for the heavy lifting days such as legs. I have one problem with this, I begin my workouts around 7:00AM, and don't have time for an enormous carb-heavy breakfast since this would leave me feeling bloated before my workout.
I feel as though I should switch it up and, instead, have high carb days the day before a heavy workout this way I can ingest a large amount of carbs before leg day and wake up feeling energized. Then I can have medium carb day on leg day so that muscles can still recover. What do you all think?

PS - If you're going to tell me to not eat carbs at night please save your bro science for someone who hasn't done their research on this topic :)

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ya that would work. When I used to work out early I'd have quite a bit of carbs in my final too meals of the day the nights before my hardest workouts.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I carb cycle as well. I have my two high carb days the day to my heavy days. For example, I have a heavy pull day on Monday and have high carbs on Sunday and I have heavy leg days on Saturday and have my other high carb day Friday. I train fasted for that leg session on Saturday and feel fine. You could look into a carb powder or even Gatorade powder for Saturday morning if you wanted.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Ya that would work. When I used to work out early I'd have quite a bit of carbs in my final too meals of the day the nights before my hardest workouts.
Same here. That is when I really saw my strength to increase as well. Also it brings some killer pump and veins to my workouts. haha

jaces

jaces

Awards
i would just move the day before's carbs to night time.. but if you find that you have enough energy for that workout than just eat your carbs after the workout, they wil still help you refuel for the rest of the week