Monster Thighs Rubbing Together

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
I've been having issues with my upper thighs rubbing together during cardio sessions. I tried baby powder, boxer briefs, and simply walking/jogging w/ a wider stance/step. All of these have failed... the baby powder wears off after 10min, the boxer briefs get sweaty and blown out and hang to my knees, and the wider stance just sucks.

The only thing I've been able to do is hike my shorts/sweats up like Steve Erkel so that the crotch seam is all up in my business keeping my thighs from touching.

I'm sure I'm not the only one w/ this problem. I'm going to look for some actual "bike" shorts and see if that helps.

What do you guys do to help?

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
Boxer briefs, hanes brand from target, cheap and effective. My legs are 29inches right now, dont know if thats bigger or smaller than you, but hope this helps.

And i kinda tuck my briefs up so that they are as high as possible, cradles my shit, prevents rubbing.

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
Boxer briefs, hanes brand from target, cheap and effective. My legs are 29inches right now, dont know if thats bigger or smaller than you, but hope this helps.

And i kinda tuck my briefs up so that they are as high as possible, cradles my shit, prevents rubbing.
Not sure of my leg size, but I have both Hanes and Fruit of the Loom boxer briefs. They start out fine, but once they get sweaty, the legs ride up, exposing my thighs, or the crotch sags exposing my thighs... I can't find a happy medium. If the legs were longer, they would work, I think.

Anyone here wear or know where to get some quality bike shorts?

Thanks for the input!

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
Anyone here wear or know where to get some quality bike shorts?

Thanks for the input!
No prob.

I've also got 2 pairs of under armour that are great, they're expensive, $20 each, but they can stand up to 10 mile bike rides.

MMAMONSTER19

Awards
  • Established
i know how ya feel man what i did is stop using the treadmills and switched to the elliptical and i dont have that problem anymore, since im trying to lose weight i spend a good 40 mins doing cardio and it suxs!! hope this has some help

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
i know how ya feel man what i did is stop using the treadmills and switched to the elliptical and i dont have that problem anymore, since im trying to lose weight i spend a good 40 mins doing cardio and it suxs!! hope this has some help
Yes, the eliptical is a bittersweet solution, as I workout at home and only have a treadmill. :think:

Bodyglide... interesting. I've never heard of that. Thanks for the heads up!

NAS

NAS

Awards
I get this also, the only relief I get is from boxer briefs or sometimes I find workout pants that prevent this also, have pair of Nike's that stop the chaffing

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
I get this also, the only relief I get is from boxer briefs or sometimes I find workout pants that prevent this also, have pair of Nike's that stop the chaffing
Yeah, I've been having to hike my pants up to my junk (giving me testicular camel toe) to keep my thighs from rubbing.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Compression shorts are the best option. Try to the get the longer version that go to about mid-thigh.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Shave the area that is rubbing, and apply duct tape. Problem solved.

Joey0808

Joey0808

Awards
lmao walking around with duck tape on your thighs
just get compression shorts my thighs are 28 right now thats the only way to go, and under armour and nike have boxer briefs with that spandex fabric they have, its amazing!

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Under Armour compression shorts is the route I took and it worked out perfectly.

Joey0808

Joey0808

Awards
the nike compressions are amazing too!
they stick to my curves better lmaoo

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
I'm definitely curvaceous. I wonder if I could go try some on... commando, of course? :thumbsup:

edit: btw, what happened to my thousands of rep points. I'm down to 116 LOL

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
I'm definitely curvaceous. I wonder if I could go try some on... commando, of course? :thumbsup:

edit: btw, what happened to my thousands of rep points. I'm down to 116 LOL
Its cause you touch yourself at night, while looking at your own bum in the mirror. Sorry man it happened to me to.

Joey0808

Joey0808

Awards
commando is asking for pain when you got thighs, friction in the upper thigh crouch region is instant once you start sweatin just a lil bit

scotty2

Awards
  • Established
When my legs were 29", nothing worked, no boxer briefs or gold bond or vaseline(friction ate it up). Diaper rash got unbearable, only thing that worked was no more heavy leg work and losing 60lbs. Problem solved(probably not the answer you're looking for).

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
When my legs were 29", nothing worked, no boxer briefs or gold bond or vaseline(friction ate it up). Diaper rash got unbearable, only thing that worked was no more heavy leg work and losing 60lbs. Problem solved(probably not the answer you're looking for).
Did you try compression/bike shorts? That seems to be the ticket according to all the other leg-cannons around here.

CRcatcher06

Awards
The compression shorts would be the best soution, i also know that the body glide is amazing stuff. I have never used it on my legs but i use it a lot on my upper body to prevent chaiffing in the arm pits and nipples when i run my long distance days, so i figure it would work on the legs too.

sumbum801

Awards
  • Established
x2 on the compression/sliding shorts. you can pick a pair up for 20 bucks. there comfy and there is no friction/chaffage between the legs

scotty2

Awards
  • Established
Did you try compression/bike shorts? That seems to be the ticket according to all the other leg-cannons around here.
No, probably would have been a good idea. I was tired of waddling to avoid the friction, so, I decided to stop being a fat bastard. No more heavy leg work.

CRcatcher06

Awards
bodyglide? isnt that like a lube? lol

Yes in a way it basically is a lubricant but it is intended for body use. Even at marathons they have it at pit stops for the runners. It really helps.:thumbsup:

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
No, probably would have been a good idea. I was tired of waddling to avoid the friction, so, I decided to stop being a fat bastard. No more heavy leg work.
Why cut the leg work?

scotty2

Awards
  • Established
I'm old. Was strength training, kept injuring my back anyway. WAAAY to heavy(296), quit squatting altogether. Lighter leg work now, lots of cardio, remove some fat. Maybe I'll go back to it, after cut is over(233 now)