Mixing Pre-Workout supplements

SFmuscle27

Awards
I have been using Jack3d for a about a month now and I gotta admit, it is the best pre-workout supplement I have used so far. But as a muscle addict, I always keep a lookout for keeping myslef abreast of good supplements out there that will help me reach my "ever-changing" goal in terms of fitness. I read it an bodybuilding article about 1 M.R and it's effecitveness as a pre-workout supplement. I am planning on getting 1 M.R but I would like to mix, say, 1 scoop of 1 M.R and 1 scoop of Jack3d prior to workout. Would that be advisable?

Currently these are the supplements I use.

Muscle milk (morning: Blueberry-Banana-muscle milk-1/2 cup soy milk, water, just muscle milk 2 hours prior lunch and before going to bed)
Isopure ready to drink (always post workout)
Jack3d: 2 scoops prior to workout.

Any suggesstions/opinions are welcome.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I have been using Jack3d for a about a month now and I gotta admit, it is the best pre-workout supplement I have used so far. But as a muscle addict, I always keep a lookout for keeping myslef abreast of good supplements out there that will help me reach my "ever-changing" goal in terms of fitness. I read it an bodybuilding article about 1 M.R and it's effecitveness as a pre-workout supplement. I am planning on getting 1 M.R but I would like to mix, say, 1 scoop of 1 M.R and 1 scoop of Jack3d prior to workout. Would that be advisable?

Currently these are the supplements I use.

Muscle milk (morning: Blueberry-Banana-muscle milk-1/2 cup soy milk, water, just muscle milk 2 hours prior lunch and before going to bed)
Isopure ready to drink (always post workout)
Jack3d: 2 scoops prior to workout.

Any suggesstions/opinions are welcome.
There's no point I see in mixing the 2.
If need be take a double scoop of either 1

SFmuscle27

Awards
There's no point I see in mixing the 2.
If need be take a double scoop of either 1
This leads to my next question. Then why fintness fanatics (often) mix the supplements? Be it post or prior to workout supplement?

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
This leads to my next question. Then why fintness fanatics (often) mix the supplements? Be it post or prior to workout supplement?
Think I need specifics on which supplements we are talking about.
If your main goal is to use this for energy like I said only 1-2 scoops is needed, if your mixing for other reasons let's say one has creatine in it, tell us and maybe we can suggest a better option. Like I said I don't see a reason to mix 2 PWO.

thestein1016

thestein1016

Awards
  • Established
Ive used 1mr before and its pretty concentrated. So mixing 1 scoop of that with jack3d could be pretty heavy.

As far as mixing, i like mixing wyked and supersize. Wyked gives me the energy i need while supersize gives me the focus.

Just my opinion.

SFmuscle27

Awards
Ive used 1mr before and its pretty concentrated. So mixing 1 scoop of that with jack3d could be pretty heavy.

As far as mixing, i like mixing wyked and supersize. Wyked gives me the energy i need while supersize gives me the focus.

Just my opinion.

Thanks!
I am just trying to find the supplement or mix of supplement that will boost my energy to lift heavier weights and provide me a good pumps as well.

SFmuscle27

Awards
Think I need specifics on which supplements we are talking about.
If your main goal is to use this for energy like I said only 1-2 scoops is needed, if your mixing for other reasons let's say one has creatine in it, tell us and maybe we can suggest a better option. Like I said I don't see a reason to mix 2 PWO.
My goal is to boost my energy in lifting heavier weights, focus and of course good pumps.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
My goal is to boost my energy in lifting heavier weights, focus and of course good pumps.
Right now I like
supersize and ultra reps for that

Jonbero

Jonbero

Awards
I would imagine mixing the two being pretty heavy like thestein said, both are concentrated PWO's

And both of them have same ingredients like Beta-Alanine, A-AKG, Caffeine, Schisandra Chinesis, Creatine Monohydrate... so you might be getting too much of something, IMO theres no need to mix these two

ddfox

ddfox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I agree with not mixing. Both of those are pretty stim heavy. (Isn't 1MR around 300mg of caffeine?)

How often do you take a break from stimulants? If it's been 6-8 weeks, than before you buy another pre, you may want to consider a non-stim for a couple of weeks. (Don't forget, a good pre-workout meal is important too.)

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
dude if you do that your heart MAY burts!!!!
but for real that is a hell of a lot of stims....

id encourage you to try out something that is still strong but not liquid crank

1 scoop maximize and 2 scoops hemavol and thank me in the morning :)

th3futur3

Awards
  • Established
No.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
1 scoop AX SuperSize + 1 scoop AX UltraReps

This has been going great for me. I mix the two flavors together and drink.
I have been experiencing great energy, pump, focus, and most of all endurance.

It also tastes much better than it sounds. (Lemon + Wildberry)

--I would never mix 2 stim products; but that is just how I roll. ;)