Mid-Cycle blood work is in. Slightly elevated Prolactin - best course of action?

Samgotti18

Awards
7 weeks in to my 300mg p/w Test E cycle and my bloods are in:

These were taken on 31.07

T: 21,76 (2.4 - 8.71) ng/ml

FT: 89.62 (8.85 - 21.40) pg/ml

E2: 58 pg (11-44) pg/ml

SHBG: 31.9 (13.5 - 71.4) nmol/L

Prolactin: 24,5 (3.5 - 19.4) ng/ml

Progesterone: 0,1 (<0.1 - 0.2) ng/ml

CRP: <0,1

Lipids:

Chol 131 (<200)

Trig 53 (<150)

HDL 49 (>40)

LDL 78 (>150)

I know my E2 is a bit high, I'm still in the process of dialling in my AI. I'm erring more on the cautious side, as I want to avoid crashing my E2 at all costs. I upped my Aromasin dosage to 6.25mg twice a week on pin days.

As for my prolactin. On 21.07 I had my prolactin checked and it was at 28.4. Since then I've taken 200mg P5P and 400IU Vitamin E, this has brought it down 4 points in 10 days. I will get bloods in 2 days again to see where my E2 and Prolactin is at. I would like to avoid using Cabergoline if at all possible.

If I can't get my prolactin down to good levels, I read that it could be enough to take one .25mg pill and to keep using P5P and Vitamin E to keep it in that range. Does anyone have experience with it?

Unfortunately I don't have any pre-cycle bloods for prolactin.

Side effects wise, I'm not experiencing too much. Sometimes I feel a hot/warm and I'm a bit more tired/exhausted compared to pre-cycle. But this could also be down to E2 levels.

If anyone has anything of value to add, I would appreciate it.

MadStax

MadStax

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
If you are feeling okay, I wouldn't mess with it. You're treating a problem that doesn't exist because your bloods are not where you want them. I believe treating the cause of sides makes more sense and in this case, it sounds like there are none?

Samgotti18

Awards
It's difficult for me to pinpoint any specific prolactin related sides, so I guess that's a good sign. I have slightly puffy nipples, but had those before cycle as I carry a bit of chest fat still. But no pain or any sensitivity of note (I guess some sensitivity is normal at the start of a cycle) in my nipples. I even went to a urologist to rule out any gyno which was confirmed by my urologist, so nothing on that front.

I'll monitor levels and see if any real symptoms come up.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
It's difficult for me to pinpoint any specific prolactin related sides, so I guess that's a good sign. I have slightly puffy nipples, but had those before cycle as I carry a bit of chest fat still. But no pain or any sensitivity of note (I guess some sensitivity is normal at the start of a cycle) in my nipples. I even went to a urologist to rule out any gyno which was confirmed by my urologist, so nothing on that front.

I'll monitor levels and see if any real symptoms come up.
Estrogen and prolactin have a relationship, lowering e2 a bit may help and also what's your thyroid look like.

I agree with @MadStax, it's not a big enough red flag to worry too much if there's no side effects.

300mcg b6 daily for around a month would also slightly lower it but it would likely go back up and b6 is not a long term use thing at that dose

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
You could look into SNS inhibit-p. @sns8778
I had seen this thread and started to reply, but I don't post much in the Anabolics section.

Inhibit-P is a good option for helping to decrease prolactin - we've had great feedback on it for years and get a lot of referrals for people to buy it from some HRT clinics for people that are having issues with prolactin.

Pulpfiction

Pulpfiction

Awards
You can try prami pexel. It lowers prolactin levels like cabergoline. But certain compounds that don’t aramotize will raise prolactin levels. So an after your bloods if it’s still high I would raise the a.I. dosage before adding something like caber or prami