metabolism help

Monsta65

Monsta65

Awards
I was just wondering from people who have dealt with boosting there metabolism, what is the best way to build your metabolism up, for some reason i have tried supposed metabolism boosters that have never helped and also can you build your metabolism with out using supplements

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
Muscles burn calories. My method was to start lifting weights and doing cardio.... This might seem obvious but its true.

Monsta65

Monsta65

Awards
yea you are right I was just wondering if there was anything like drink wise or anything that people use to help it

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
There are studies everywhere on the subject of weight loss mostly because it is big business. Green tea, ice cold water, calcium, red wine and soooo many other things have been linked to higher metabolism. My go to is fiber, yes plain old regular fiber. If you eat a diet high in fiber you will be healthier, have better bowel movements and eat more natural foods. Also 99% of processed foods are lacking in it. I am not saying go pounding Metamucil just increase your dietary fiber intake.

Monsta65

Monsta65

Awards
aight thanks gerbil this was helpful in understanding

megamutent8

Awards
I agree with poster above, fiber is great, you could also implement ephedrene with caffine, dunno if you heard of that, if not its somthing you should look into, but make sure you do your research first.

Monsta65

Monsta65

Awards
aight thanks for the tip ive heard of it but just dont know to much about it i will have to do some research on it

nokkT

Awards
My metabolism used to be awful. But that was in part to no exercise and eating only twice a day. I've seen drastic improvements in my metabolism after I started exercising, eating healthier, and eating far more often. Eating 5-7 meals a day has really helped me. Just an idea.

jared767

Awards
I was just wondering from people who have dealt with boosting there metabolism, what is the best way to build your metabolism up, for some reason i have tried supposed metabolism boosters that have never helped and also can you build your metabolism with out using supplements
I have been overweight for the past 10 yrs of my life. I knew it was bad so I tried to cut on meals and skipped them sometimes. It never worked until I tried to eat tiny meals every two hours and cut on carbs as I read that it boosts metabolism. I added an hour and a half of brisk walking every day. I lost 30 lbs within 3 months.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just keep lifting and do some cardio. Also, slowly add calories to your diet. Try to add 100 each week and see what happens (an extra 20 cal for days or 25 4 days of the week)

Monsta65

Monsta65

Awards
thanks guys for your comments I appreciate them and gives me an idea on what I should do to help it thanks again

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I would also consider doing an herbal cleanse. Help detoxify the body of inpurities so you can get a clean start to this new metabolism kick