Meal plan completion

MistrJay

MistrJay

Awards
  • Established
I'm almost done with completing a new meal plan, but I need some questions answered.

1) I'm way over on protein (currently staring at 246 grams while the number I'm supposed to hit is 209) is that going to be an issue?

2) having trouble finding ways to get a few more carbs and fats in without blowing up calories. Any good ideas to slide into this meal plan?

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Grits? Easy to add x amount of carbs
Maybe lower protein and up fats?

Rndmher

Rndmher

Awards
1) don't worry about it your not crazy over that it'll make any real difference. A huge surplus may result in weight gain but that's basically caloric surplus.
2) try adding blended oats to your protein shakes. It tastes decent and I really like the texture. Low(ish) cal for the amount of carbs you get from it.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Great suggestions so far. It's hard not seeing your current plan, but is it possible to just lower protein and up your fats or carbs by changing serving sizes of what you already have?

MistrJay

MistrJay

Awards
  • Established
I'll post what I have so far. I was absent minded and didn't think to post it. Haha.

Here is my plan so far spread out over 4 meals:

Breakfast:

1 cup greek yogurt
1 cup oatmeal
4 TB of PB

Meal 2:

1/2lb of chicken breast
1 cup brown rice
2 cups broccoli

Meal 3:

1/2lb of chicken breast
1 cup brown rice
2 cups broccoli

Meal 4:

12 oz. of tuna

Not a lot of variety, but it simple to start with.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Are you open to more carbs with the tuna at your 4th meal?

MistrJay

MistrJay

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I was thinking of throwing some Sriracha mayo on the tuna and adding in some crackers?

MistrJay

MistrJay

Awards
  • Established
It's pretty much the best sh*t out there.

MistrJay

MistrJay

Awards
  • Established
This is seriously messing with me. I've gotten the macros leveled out to

Kcal: 2500
Fats: 97.8
Carbs: 199.1
Protein: 221.15

My IIFYM goal macros:

Kcal: 2516
Fats: 104
Carbs: 195
Protein: 208

Should this be okay? If needed I can post pic of my meal plan.

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This is seriously messing with me. I've gotten the macros leveled out to

Kcal: 2500
Fats: 97.8
Carbs: 199.1
Protein: 221.15

My IIFYM goal macros:

Kcal: 2516
Fats: 104
Carbs: 195
Protein: 208

Should this be okay? If needed I can post pic of my meal plan.
It's very close so don't overthink it unless you plan to step on stage. There will be days when one macro is higher and another lower

MistrJay

MistrJay

Awards
  • Established
It's very close so don't overthink it unless you plan to step on stage. There will be days when one macro is higher and another lower
Alright. Thanks man. Yeah I don't plan on all that attention.

Rndmher

Rndmher

Awards
Make sure to not rely on iifym to much like a blanket statement. It still needs to be nutrient rich healthy food.

MistrJay

MistrJay

Awards
  • Established
Make sure to not rely on iifym to much like a blanket statement. It still needs to be nutrient rich healthy food.
I gotcha man. I'm doing things like broccoli, brown rice, chicken, tuna, and stuff like that.

Rndmher

Rndmher

Awards
I gotcha man. I'm doing things like broccoli, brown rice, chicken, tuna, and stuff like that.
Then you going in the right direction it's when people are like well I fit some MC Donald's and pizza rolls with a protein shake into my macros that it ends badly.

MistrJay

MistrJay

Awards
  • Established
Then you going in the right direction it's when people are like well I fit some MC Donald's and pizza rolls with a protein shake into my macros that it ends badly.
I like pizza rolls as much as the next guy and wish I could squeeze them into my macros. Haha.