Mdrol PULSE

jt339

Awards
  • Established
6'0 185 ~13.5% bf. I've lost a considerable amount of muscle since I have started medical school and I'm tired of that ****. My gear source is being a bitch so I'm left with PHs. I'm pulsing as I cannot deal with the rigors of medical school while feeling run down and lethargic. As soon as these symptoms kick in, I will stop and start nolva so the cycle length is not set in stone. There also seem to be a lack of mdrol pulse logs (although I've come across about 4 so far), so I figured I might as well do my part to contribute to the knowledge of the board with my little mdrol experiment.

Dosing
Today: 40mg
Tomorrow: 30mg and then 30 mg on workout days only

Wednesday:
bench
squats
forearms (mine have always been tiny)

Friday:
deads and some back work
calves
forearms
abs

Sunday:
bench
squat
forearms

Lifting this week is a bit mixed up, but next week I will adhere to this schedule. May do calves more often as mine suck. CNS is also a bit ****ed because of vyvanse. That stuff has always ruined my progress so I'll try and keep it to a minimum.

Current (pre-burnt out CNS) lifts:
bench: ~245
squat: 275 (this is due to a recurrent back injury. I haven't squatted in 9 months and last week I did 275 so I'm not too mad about this)
deads: ~345 (again, back injury acts up all the time. looking to get back over 400 with this cycle)

If I can run this for 6 weeks I want to hit the following numbers:
bench: 275
deadlift: 405
squat: 350 (since relatively detrained)

jt339

Awards
  • Established
weighed 185 a few days ago, now 189

Squats
235x7 (+15lbs)

no assistance because I'm squatting again on Sunday

reverse ez curls
50x13

40 8x8 doing again next week, last few reps weren't good

calves
don't care

abs
80 (think its in kg) 8x8

jt339

Awards
  • Established
Bench continues to drop. I guess I need some time away from the heavy stuff. weighed 190.5

bench worked up to 225x1 and that was a grinder = WTF!? I haven't benched heavy in two weeks and its still down. May switch to volume training of some sort. 135 4x8 with 30 seconds rest.

squat
245x6 = 295 max (+5lbs)

Since my bench was **** I took it easy on assistance work again.

EDIT: Took vyvanse about 3 hours ago and feel no effects. When this happens, I know my CNS is still burnt out. Good news = gaining strength in the squat with a destroyed cns. Bad news = I've never been burnt out this long before.

gymrat827

Awards
  • Established
dude do not take 60mg of SD in one day. thats a sh!t ton. IMO do not go above 40mg.

jt339

Awards
  • Established
That was five days ago and was just a frontload type deal. BP went up, but has calmed down since.

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Good lord, front load SD... I have now heard it all.

jt339

Awards
  • Established
Relax, I've had friends use 40mg every day for 4 weeks and be fine. 40mg the first day, 30 the second and a day off will not cause any problems. Jesus christ calm down people. You'd think I'd just swallowed straight cyanide. I'm far from new to anabolics, I've just lost a lot of muscle since I started medical school which is why I'm so damn weak. I've run drol in the past and mdrol doesn't have **** on drol in terms in sides (and I was running it with test), but somewhat close to the amount of gains.

jt339

Awards
  • Established
May have to only do squats and bench once a week as I'm realizing I don't have as much time as I thought.

bench
145x15
152.5 2x12
165 2x10

squat
225x5 back was hurting and it felt heavier than normal = not enough time for recovery

reverse curls
60x10

40 4x8

Ran out of time.

jhughes4

jhughes4

Awards
  • Established
I'm subbed bro, hope your pulse goes well and liking the lIking the log so far!

jt339

Awards
  • Established
I'm subbed bro, hope your pulse goes well and liking the lIking the log so far!
Good as I'll probably need some advice along the way.

I've been feeling like complete ass in the mornings although my energy levels throughout the day are going up. I believe I feel like **** because I'm not eating enough carbs in the morning and I think my energy is returning because my CNS is bouncing back (finally). I have seen that mdrol is notorious for lowering blood sugar levels so I will up the carbs by 100 on off days to see if this helps (lowering fat a bit). I will still be carb cycling, but off days will be maintenance cals and training days will be 500 over which would total a half pound a week if I was not on cycle. I am thinking by taking a conservative approach I can put on 10 pounds of muscle in 6-8 weeks and minimal fat gain. I have a hell of a time getting to single digit body fat so bulking up hardcore is not an option.

gymrat827

Awards
  • Established
Relax, I've had friends use 40mg every day for 4 weeks and be fine.

I could only imagine how their bloodwork came back post cycle.

Im not trying to say that you dont know what your doing at all man, were all calm here

jt339

Awards
  • Established
I could only imagine how their bloodwork came back post cycle.

Im not trying to say that you dont know what your doing at all man, were all calm here
I also didn't take 60mg in one day. I took 40mg the first day and 30mg the second. Liver recovers quite quickly even without supplements.

jt339

Awards
  • Established
My gear came through *drools*. 20ml 400mg/ml test enth and 50 pills of dbol at 25mg YAYyayyayayYAyayayyaayay! However, I think I will still continue this cycle as planned just to see what mdrol can do. I may start the test cycle with dbol and end with mdrol. Holy balls that would be a massive bulker.

jt339

Awards
  • Established
God dammit...

Went to deadlift today and the old back pains are back. I should have known better. Every time I squat and/or deadlift consistently I get hurt or get close to it. Switching routines and going back to the routine that got me the best gains I've ever experienced: my bastardized version of IA's Simple Power Based Routine.

Leg press 5x5
T-bar row 4 x 6
Fat grip DB curls DC style (just to keep things interesting, 20-30 reps)
Leg press calf raises DC style

Bench Press 3 x 5
Incline Dumbbell Bench Press 4 x 8
Machine lat raise double rest pause 20-30 reps
JM press 3 x 10
Ab work 8x8

Leg press 2xF one minute rest trying for 30 total reps (Had great success with this method).
HS high pull 4 x 6
Reverse curl Max set of 10-15 reps then 2 back off sets of 10-15
Leg press calf raises DC style

Incline Dumbbell Press 3 x 5
Dumbbell Bench Press 4 x 8
lat raise machine double rest pause 20-30 reps total
Tricep pushdowns 3 x 10
Ab work 8x8 Monday

EDIT: Went back and looked at my log of this routine before and I got away with doing deads every 10 days. I may give it a go next sunday depending on how my back feels. Pulling heavy only slightly aggravate it when I'm not squatting, but I don't even notice until after the set. Squats, however, make it hurt like **** and then make my back hurt when I deadlift.

jt339

Awards
  • Established
Gains have not started to kick in yet so the program hopping is not an issue. Expecting to see/feel something next workout, but we'll see.

jt339

Awards
  • Established
the **** workout that occurred yesterday

deads
315x2 *pop* called it quits for the day.

HS pull with controlled negative
245 3x8 (+5lbs)

pull down abs
80 7x9 1x13 (+a lot of reps)

in a hurry so I didn't do calves

jt339

Awards
  • Established
Pretty sure its starting to kick in, but I didn't think so at first. I'll walk you through my thought process as I was benching

165x5 "Why the hell does this feel heavy?"
175x5 "If I get 185 its going to be a grinder"
185x5 "WTF? That was cake.
195x5 "Definitely have 200 in me next time."

It started heavy and got lighter for some reason.

Fat grip incline bench
50 4x8

Machine lat raise
100x30 DRP

tricep extensions
50(kg?) 3x10

pull down abs
87.5 8x8 (+7.5kg)

Strength is still down as you can see, but I actually got a pump and a ridiculous one at that.

EDIT: Blood pressure when I started the cycle was 128/87 and today it was 128/90 so no significant change. My cardiovascular fitness is absolute ****. A year ago I was down to 110/70.

gymrat827

Awards
  • Established
I would use a low dose of test with this cycle. 250-300mg a wk, 150mg mon/thur

jt339

Awards
  • Established
I would use a low dose of test with this cycle. 250-300mg a wk, 150mg mon/thur
You know I would absolutely love to, but I don't have my gear haha. When I said I got it, it was shipped to where I use to live. I waited three months (which is why I said my gear source is being a bitch) and expected to get it before I moved. I'll be able to pick it up over thanksgiving break.

jt339

Awards
  • Established
John Pinder has advised me on how to rehab my back so I'm hoping that works. If you don't know who he is, go to youtube. He's a ****ing beast.

sumos
225x5 starting hurting so I quit.

cable row
160 4x6

reverse curls
60x12 (+2 reps)
50 2x10 sloppy

leg press calves dc style
225x12 (+3 reps) This ****ing hurts.

So I gained some strength despite having less than 20 carbs yesterday so I'd say its starting to work a bit.

jt339

Awards
  • Established
Paused wide grip bench, explosive concentric (index finger slightly outside the ring)
165 6x5 Was going for 3x5, but it felt like it was getting lighter so I kept going

Paused dips
bw +25 2x8
bw 2x8

Hammer strength shoulder press (this hurt a bit, don't know if I'll continue using it)
135 2x8

tricep extensions (much heavier than my other gym)
70x10
50 2x10

hypers SS decline abs
4x15 each

Abs are starting to show a bit now, weight hasn't changed, I'm getting stronger and no sides = win.

Found a new gym and it freakin kicks ass. They actually have a power rack, DBs up to 200, a deadlifting platform and all kinds of hammer strength machines. Plus, its mainly inhabited by a bunch of huge dudes. First thing I saw when I walked in was a guy repping 405 on squats = awesome.

jt339

Awards
  • Established
Sumos
275 2x5 This was cake
225x10 back started to tweak a bit so I quit here.

HS high pull
255 3x8 (+10lbs)

fat grip curls (gassed so I didn't do the DC method)
30s 5,5,6

leg press calves (DC style)
235x12 (+10lbs) and I had more left in me as I hadn't failed on the concentric, calf just hurt like ****.

hypers SS decline
bw 4x15 SS 4x18 (+12 reps on crunches)

jt339

Awards
  • Established
Love DC style calf workouts!!
I ****ing hate doing legs other than deads. I tend to take the quick and painful route when it comes to leg training and it has worked well (when I'm not injured that is). Only used 2 sets of leg press for legs for the past 3 months and have added over 100lbs to it = nice size gains. Just goes to show you don't need a ****load of volume to get bigger.

jt339

Awards
  • Established
May have to cut the cycle a bit short. I've had a fortunate change of plans that will allow me to take a week off of school and return home. It's absolutely essential my test levels be in the normal range for this week as I have some "friends" waiting to show me a good time :banana:. Apparently this week seems to be the week most people start seeing a nice strength boost so I'm hoping for that. I'll probably start clomid next week. I really want to try a longer pulse, but it will be about time for my test + dbol cycle so the pulsing may have to wait awhile.

jt339

Awards
  • Established
bench
205x5 (I close gripped this about 5 weeks ago, but its still an improvement over last workout)
185 2x4

fat grip incline DBs
same as last time

db lat raises
25s 2x8

overhead tricep extension machine
100 2x7

hypers SS decline abs
4x15 SS 21,21,21,25 (+a lot of reps)

Abs are definitely improving and it seems like my strength is coming up. Unfortunately I have to cut the log short and end after this week. I'm going back home for a week in three weeks and its imperative that my soldier stand at full attention. Some things are more important in life than lifting and ***** is one of them. Still not feeling shut down and I woke up this morning with a rager so test levels are probably still in the normal range.

jt339

Awards
  • Established
Storm trooper gotta crush then pink cookies!!
lol, yes!

so I haven't taken mdrol for a couple days and I feel fine, but didn't see much in terms of strength (at least I think, changed gyms). But I did get one ridiculous bump in strength

Old run down, rusty, piece of **** leg press
315 2x10 (I was using 445 on the one at my other gym for sets of 20, this thing needs some WD40 badly.)

lying leg curl
80 2x10

fat grip hammer curls
30s 3x8 (barely)

Didn't think much of the mdrol pulse until I did calves

leg press calves DC style
275x12 (+40lbs for same reps lol)

I knew I'd be moving up in weight for these, but not that much. It really started to kick in this week, but I had to stop. I'd do it again for sure though. Libido was sky high after four weeks and no lethargy and some strength gains. Can't be too mad about that.

jt339

Awards
  • Established
The pulse is over, however I'd like to update 4 days post mdrol how my strength gains are. I'm down 4lbs, but strength has gone up!

Paused wide grip bench
175 3x5 easy

dips
bw +25 4x8 (+2 sets)

lat raises
25x8, 25x10 (+2 reps with less rest and better form)

tricep push downs
70kg x10,10,11 (last time = 70kg x10 with terrible form and 50 2x10)

Libido is sky high and I'm waking up with ragers so even a short pulse can give you a nice little boost without suppressing T too much. Will most likely do this again, but for an extended period. Started clomid 4 days ago at 200mg and 50 mg ed since just to make sure test levels are optimized. I'm up a pound from when I started the cycle and I'd say I'm about 1% bf less than when I started. 250 over maintenance on training days and 800 under on off days. Seems like it worked!

jhughes4

jhughes4

Awards
  • Established
Yeah man looks like it did well for the short time u were on it!

jt339

Awards
  • Established
Last update of this log. Strength continues to go up, albeit slowly. That's all I can really ask for. Results were just starting to kick in i.e. weights started feeling lighter so I would have loved to have kept it up for another week at least.