booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
A UFC champion getting knocked out with one punch, aye right. I've seen guys with broken jaws and smashed noses going the distance. The moment I seen Aldo walkin the ring, head down with a look of shame on his face I knew something wasn't right. Watch it again on YouTube and tell me I'm wrong. Watch the end of the fight where McGregor apologises to him for hitting him while he was down that shows you all you need to know I've never seen a UFC fighter say sorry for hitting someone.

As for Aldo and his reputation I think you'll find a guy that came from poor beginnings and is willing to get his head punched in just to make a living for his family would do anything if the price was right.
Yeah I gotta say this is bs. Aldo just doesn't have a great jaw. We saw it again in his last fight where 1-2 punches took him out again. His style of speed is what keeps him safe mostly but catch him and he's done.

And if there was a fight to fix, it would've been the first Diaz fight. Dana white hates Diaz and Conor was all the money... but he punched himself out and lost, and to a guy who hadn't even been training to fight at the time.

APC80

APC80

Awards
Yeah I gotta say this is bs. Aldo just doesn't have a great jaw. We saw it again in his last fight where 1-2 punches took him out again. His style of speed is what keeps him safe mostly but catch him and he's done.

And if there was a fight to fix, it would've been the first Diaz fight. Dana white hates Diaz and Conor was all the money... but he punched himself out and lost, and to a guy who hadn't even been training to fight at the time.
Mate most of these top fights are fixed these days, even in boxing. Where there's huge amounts of money to be made people are easily corrupted. It's all about manipulating the audience, especially in the US.

Aldo might have a glass jaw but you don't become champion by walking straight onto a punch right at the start of a fight. Maybe later when a fighter gets tired he may lose judgement not in the first minute.

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
Mate most of these top fights are fixed these days, even in boxing. Where there's huge amounts of money to be made people are easily corrupted. It's all about manipulating the audience, especially in the US.

Aldo might have a glass jaw but you don't become champion by walking straight onto a punch right at the start of a fight. Maybe later when a fighter gets tired he may lose judgement not in the first minute.
There's no way they would stage it and have it "so obvious" like you think. Aldo was emotional and wanted to get after Mcgregor.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

Yeah I'm not buying that... what's your source for saying "most too fights are fixed"?

APC80

APC80

Awards
There's no way they would stage it and have it "so obvious" like you think. Aldo was emotional and wanted to get after Mcgregor.
So after all his preparation, watching dozens of hours of McGregors fights and his counter punching ability he just runs in to one right off the bat? Don't think so.

HTGduck

HTGduck

Awards
  • Established
I hope Floyd gets cocky and over-aggressive and Conor knocks his block off. I just want to see Floyd go to sleep so damn bad.

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
So after all his preparation, watching dozens of hours of McGregors fights and his counter punching ability he just runs in to one right off the bat? Don't think so.
Yep exactly what happened

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

By even in boxing, I hope you mean especially in boxing. Boxing has been corrupt for decades...

Also, if there was a fight to fix, it would have been RR beating Holmes. RR was a cash cow for Dana, and yet he's let her get annihilated three fights in a row? Not buying it

APC80

APC80

Awards
By even in boxing, I hope you mean especially in boxing. Boxing has been corrupt for decades...

Also, if there was a fight to fix, it would have been RR beating Holmes. RR was a cash cow for Dana, and yet he's let her get annihilated three fights in a row? Not buying it
A couple of my mates are ex amateur boxers and they won't watch the big fights any more after paying for the PPV Haye-Bellew farce. If you think the same doesn't happen in the UFC which is even more closed door then you're in dreamland, the McGregor-Aldo fight was the most obvious fix you'll ever ****in see. People love Connor, they wanna believe someone can stroll around the ring landing knockout blows when he feels like it. That's how people are fooled cos they wanna believe it.

As for the Diaz fight I don't think Nates the type of person to take a dive he doesn't seem to toe the line for anyone. As Booneman says he ain't even training and still choked out the "superhuman" McGregor.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
People love Connor, they wanna believe someone can stroll around the ring landing knockout blows when he feels like it. That's how people are fooled cos they wanna believe it.
If this were true, Anderson Silva would've never lost. Dude was the KING of the showcase KO after making a mockery of his opponent.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
A couple of my mates are ex amateur boxers and they won't watch the big fights any more after paying for the PPV Haye-Bellew farce. If you think the same doesn't happen in the UFC which is even more closed door then you're in dreamland, the McGregor-Aldo fight was the most obvious fix you'll ever ****in see. People love Connor, they wanna believe someone can stroll around the ring landing knockout blows when he feels like it. That's how people are fooled cos they wanna believe it.

As for the Diaz fight I don't think Nates the type of person to take a dive he doesn't seem to toe the line for anyone. As Booneman says he ain't even training and still choked out the "superhuman" McGregor.
If they were fixing fights, they would have never put McGregor in with Diaz. They've protected the **** out of McGregor, but they're not fixing fights.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
gotta give Mayweather credit, he is the king of hype.

Stillbloom

Awards
I want to see Floyd crawling and beaten, that man is a total bully and know's nothing but a fame for himself. Go Conor I wish Pacman Fighting Spirits be with you.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I want to see Floyd crawling and beaten, that man is a total bully and know's nothing but a fame for himself. Go Conor I wish Pacman Fighting Spirits be with you.
hahaha a "bully"... sure

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i'm definitely no fan of Floyd's, but the guy has mad defensive talent...Floyd toys with him for 6 maybe 8 rounds to make it look good, then puts him away...like him or not Floyd is an exceptional talent.

Stillbloom

Awards
i'm definitely no fan of Floyd's, but the guy has mad defensive talent...Floyd toys with him for 6 maybe 8 rounds to make it look good, then puts him away...like him or not Floyd is an exceptional talent.
I've seen and watch how Flyod make fun with Manny, and didn't accept a rematch either because he retires and now he accept a fight with a non expert boxer.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I've seen and watch how Flyod make fun with Manny, and didn't accept a rematch either because he retires and now he accept a fight with a non expert boxer.
yup...that's Floyd.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
why rematch someone you beat so handedly and nobody will pay to see again? its a waste of his time to train and take that fight with zero incentive.

hes about the money. conor is the money (good boxer or not is irrelevant)

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
why rematch someone you beat so handedly and nobody will pay to see again? its a waste of his time to train and take that fight with zero incentive.

hes about the money. conor is the money (good boxer or not is irrelevant)
you are right conor is the money...I think at least 75% of the ppv will be ufc fans-probably higher than that but at least 75% would be my guess.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
thebigt I know you remember Ali back in the day. I remember how many people hated the guy. Loudmouth, showboat know-it-all. Who just happened to be an amazing boxer.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
thebigt I know you remember Ali back in the day. I remember how many people hated the guy. Loudmouth, showboat know-it-all. Who just happened to be an amazing boxer.
absolutely!!! ali intentionally pissed people off so they would pay to see him lose, but he always won---kinda sounds familiar-eh.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
absolutely!!! ali intentionally pissed people off so they would pay to see him lose, but he always won---kinda sounds familiar-eh.
Absolute hey-day of boxing.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
yep, this is totally the play. Love me or hate me, you wanna watch me.

cant fault anyone for knowing how to play the game, and even less for playing it to a (thebig)t

Yomo

Yomo

Awards
  • Established
Floyd's career earnings approach (or at this point may even exceed) $700 MILLION...I can only imagine at least 80% (I'm being generous) of that fortune is due to people paying in hopes of watching him lose.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Floyd's career earnings approach (or at this point may even exceed) $700 MILLION...I can only imagine at least 80% (I'm being generous) of that fortune is due to people paying in hopes of watching him lose.
the same could be said for ali. trust me back in the day ali was not well liked, people wanted him to get beat up bad--whooped!!!

WesleyInman

WesleyInman

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Anyone else in here taking Mcgregor to win this?

Even if for the money only?

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

My boss is in vegas right now, had him put $50 on Mcgregor for me. Fully expecting to be out that money but a guy can dream

Fasted

Awards
  • Established

I'm not, but I have a few buddies that said they're gunna put some cash on McGregor because the odds. It's like the lotto.

WesleyInman

WesleyInman

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yeah for sure!

I probably am going to break the internet by saying this but I am betting on McGregor. Not only that but I will do a side bet he knocks Floyd out Round 1 or Round 2.

It is like the lotto and the odds should be so in favor of Floyd that a bet of even $200 on McGregor could have great payout.

Mind you I don't really "like" either of them. I enjoy watching them both fight but I am not a fan of either. McGregors snark comments do make me laugh..I can admit to that.

The comment when he said, "I want to take this time to apologize...to absolutely NO ONE" comment had me in tears LOL

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Yeah for sure!

I probably am going to break the internet by saying this but I am betting on McGregor. Not only that but I will do a side bet he knocks Floyd out Round 1 or Round 2.

It is like the lotto and the odds should be so in favor of Floyd that a bet of even $200 on McGregor could have great payout.

Mind you I don't really "like" either of them. I enjoy watching them both fight but I am not a fan of either. McGregors snark comments do make me laugh..I can admit to that.

The comment when he said, "I want to take this time to apologize...to absolutely NO ONE" comment had me in tears LOL
Same here... at first he annoyed me becuase of his general arrogance, but he's done pretty well to back it up, and frankly, he's funny and playing the part to make the money. Can't fault a guy who knows he has a VERY short time to make a lifetime of cash for doing whatever it takes to bank as much as possible. Also gotta respect that he truly puts in work so theres that too.

WesleyInman

WesleyInman

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
conorandfloyd.jpg

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Well seeing the two of them right next to each other, I think I'm starting to favor McGregor
comparing them side by side you would have bet on saul 'canelo' alveraz killing Floyd...looks can be deceiving.

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
Yeah for sure!

Hahaha I loved that too! But I'm very pro Mcgregor!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
My boss is in vegas right now, had him put $50 on Mcgregor for me. Fully expecting to be out that money but a guy can dream
better to put $50 on a chance to win big than paying $100 to see what could be one-sided mismatch. Floyd fights are generally boring to watch anyways, but he might be so overmatched against conor that he decides to be entertaining.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm more excited for Golovkin-Alvarez than Mayweather-McGregor.

Urkel2Merkel

Urkel2Merkel

Awards
I don't understand why there's so much hype about an incredible mismatch that isn't even going to happen for two months.
It's like a fat guy dreaming of the day he can finally fly out to Thailand for some hookers. It's gonna be over in five minutes and isn't really worth the bother.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I don't understand why there's so much hype about an incredible mismatch that isn't even going to happen for two months.
It's like a fat guy dreaming of the day he can finally fly out to Thailand for some hookers. It's gonna be over in five minutes and isn't really worth the bother.
The hype is because it's the two biggest names (and mouths) in competing sports. There's always gonna be hype for months or more leading up to a big ticket event.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
The hype is because it's the two biggest names (and mouths) in competing sports. There's always gonna be hype for months or more leading up to a big ticket event.
see that's the thing, competing sports. the skill set is vastly different and they are fighting in the arena where Floyd has a marked advantage.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Will the fat guy and his Thailand hookers be pay per view? (asking for a friend)

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
see that's the thing, competing sports. the skill set is vastly different and they are fighting in the arena where Floyd has a marked advantage.
certainly true. but IMO that only adds to the intrigue because... what if???? that tiny little bit of doubt that exists is worth millions (literally)

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
all you guys who think conor has a chance need to watch this real close....and to think suckers are gonna pay a hundred bucks to see conor get toyed with by Floyd, lol.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
all you guys who think conor has a chance need to watch this real close....and to think suckers are gonna pay a hundred bucks to see conor get toyed with by Floyd, lol.
As much as I'd love to see Mayweather get his arse kicked, McGregor ain't gonna be the guy to do it. Maybe (MAYBE) if it was a UFC rules fight, but no way he's going to outbox him. I can't wait to see McGregor's percentage after it's over. Anybody want to throw a number out there?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
As much as I'd love to see Mayweather get his arse kicked, McGregor ain't gonna be the guy to do it. Maybe (MAYBE) if it was a UFC rules fight, but no way he's going to outbox him. I can't wait to see McGregor's percentage after it's over. Anybody want to throw a number out there?
single digit....if Floyd toys with professional boxers he is going to make this conor guy look like a chump.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
single digit....if Floyd toys with professional boxers he is going to make this conor guy look like a chump.
100% agree. I'd be shocked to see Conor even land double digit punches total.