Mass building routine - feedback please

porcha

porcha

Awards
Greetings, about to start a 3 month mass building program before I cut for summer. Looking for some feedback on my workout split. Going to be eating 3500-4000 cals/day @ 250-300g protein.

[size=+1]The Week:[/size]

Monday: Legs
Tuesday: Chest
Wednesday: Back
Thursday: Off
Friday: Traps/Shoulders
Saturday: Arms
Sunday: Off

I've been using this split for a few months now while cutting, is it too much volume/frequency when I'm looking to grow?

I plan on going DC style(12-18 total reps) for compound lifts, 7 total exercises, no more than 1hr spent lifting. 10 deep breaths(~20 seconds) during the rest phases, 3-4 minutes between exercises. Will finish the day with an FST-7 burnout lift. I also have structured my workout in terms of hardest lifts and then tapering off as the workout progresses. I also begin each workout with 10 minutes of a random form of cardio and 10 minutes of dynamic stretching. I conclude with another 10 minutes of static stretching and always do any extra cardio at a later part of the day. Extra cardio will be limited to 2x per week on this plan.

Leg Day
BB Deads
BB Front Squats
BB Lunges/Jeffersons
BB Narrow Squats
Leg Curls
Leg Extensions
FST-7 Leg Press

Chest Day
Flat BB/DB Bench
Flat DB Flyes
Incline BB/DB Bench
Incline DB Flyes
Decline BB/DB Bench
Decline DB Flyes
FST-7 Chest Dips

Back Day
Rack Pulls/SLDLs
Varied Grip Weighted Pull Ups
Pendelay/Yates Rows
Good Mornings
Varied Pull Downs
Varied Grip Cable Rows
FST-7 Weighted Back Extensions

Traps/Shoulders
BB Power Cleans
BB Shrugs
Face Pulls/Upright Rows
Jerks/Military Press
Lateral DB Raises
Machine/DB Rear Flyes
FST-7 Arnold Press/Front Raises

Arms
Floor Press
Weighted Chin Ups
French Press
Pinwheel Curls
OH DB Extensions
Concentration Curls
FST-7 Wrist Curls

Abs(rest day)
Hanging Leg Pikes
Cable Crunches
Cable Oblique Crunches
TVA Vacuum
Plank
FST-7 Bosu Crunches

Do you see any gaps in my training/development?

I have chose not to perform the tradition back squats due to a pinched L5S1 nerve from a back squatting injury on a smith machine when I was 14. I don't feel safe performing heavy back squats & prefer front squats, as I feel I can get a better ROM and maintain better form. Am I missing out on any development by leaving out the back squat and only performing front squat? I can do a heavier back squat than front with proper form but I'm quite paranoid about re-triggering my injury. I have re-triggered the pinched nerve in the past via preacher, cheater curls & good mornings, but I attribute the re-triggering to improper form.

Baine

Baine

Awards
Greetings, about to start a 3 month mass building program before I cut for summer. Looking for some feedback on my workout split. Going to be eating 3500-4000 cals/day @ 250-300g protein.
make sure you get atleast 400grams complex carbs for bulking.

Do you see any gaps in my training/development?
Good lord! thats a LOT of exercises. I mean you know your genetics. if you can recover quickly enough then this routine should be fine. but for 90% of us, its over training in no time. i'd go with a HIT routine. failure on all sets. about 4 exercises per session, keep it under 45/hour. W/O 3 times a week.

I have chose not to perform the tradition back squats due to a pinched L5S1 nerve from a back squatting injury on a smith machine when I was 14. I don't feel safe performing heavy back squats & prefer front squats, as I feel I can get a better ROM and maintain better form. Am I missing out on any development by leaving out the back squat and only performing front squat? I can do a heavier back squat than front with proper form but I'm quite paranoid about re-triggering my injury. I have re-triggered the pinched nerve in the past via preacher, cheater curls & good mornings, but I attribute the re-triggering to improper form.
even if you are missing out... its not worth ****ing yourself up permanently in the future. plus, dorian yates said he does leg press cuz he just doesnt think he was built for squats and suggest that beginners start out with squats but if you have trouble with them, go with leg press.

2020Wellness

Awards
Will finish the day with an FST-7 burnout lift.
Whenever I see something like this just added to another proven workout style, my question is always 'why?'

Can you explain your reasoning behind implementing that type of ending to each workout?

musclehustler

musclehustler

Awards
Maybe he wants to finish off withan Awesome Pump, remove the Lactic Acid. Whatever,
To Each his Own!