Manimal Training: Chains!

hitstick42esu

Awards
Alright, I have to make a thread about this since I am beyond fired up after my training session.

So, I have to say that after studying my hero Joe Defranco's weight programs and training ideologies, I just had to pick up a set of 63 pound chains. Now I know that some think chain training is just an unneeded accessory and just makes you look tough. I myself was skeptical, especially since it cost me $160 bones, but damn am I shocked. I got the chains in this morning and couldnt wait to test em out. All I thought about at work while landscaping in pooring rain for 8 hours was using them. So i got home, took me pre meal, anxiously awaited about an hour 30, crushed my assault and went 20 over the speed limit the whole way to the gym. Walked in and it was empty (as usual) which i love so I dont have to be aggravated. So I warmed up, reached into the milk crate, grabbed the big a** chains and went to work.

I follow WSFSBprtII for collegiate football and today was my upper body rep day, here was my workout:

Bench Press: (63 pounds of chains-full deload with 3/4 tension added to 225) 225:x13 x12 x10 x10..a little help on the last one- every single rep in that last set was torture
Incline DB Press:
85x12 85x12 90x9 90x8
Chin Ups s/s with scarecrows: Max with both chains-max with one chain-max with no chains (continuous)
1) 8 with both-8 with one-4 with none
1a) 50x12 Scares
2)7 with both-6 with one-3 with none
2a)60x10 Scares
3)6 with both -4 with one- 3 with none
3a)60x10 Scares
4)4 with both-2 with one- 3 with none...kill me now feeling
DB Military Press:
70x12 75x12 80x10 85x8
Barbell Shrugs: 365 plus chain weight (63pounds) s/s with concentration curls:
1)12
1a)55x8
2)12
2a)55x8
3)10 (busted open my thumbnail..thanks hook grip)
3a)60x6
Barbell Curls: chains full tension (63) plus 40 pounds of plates
x8 x6 (little longer break)x6..wow.
Biceps Death: Chain 24's (standing on bench8-standing off bench8-seated on bench8 alternates)(GREAT for pump)
Tricep Dips: Both Chains
x14 x12 x12 x9 x8 x6

All in all, do this workout and I promise you, you will be in complete shambles. Ive never been so sore. Chains are seriously the best investment I made when it comes to training. 3 weeks with chains 3 weeks with bands 1 with straight weight, thats how you cycle. Bands are awesome too, but im in love with these chains. GET A SET NOW!

Steelwolf

Steelwolf

Awards
  • Established
Some people love them, and other people don't. I have never personally been a fan of them and never noticed much in terms of additional results from them vs bands, vs anything actually. If they work for you awesome. They definitely work for one my clients though so I've never ruled them out.

hitstick42esu

Awards
Some people love them, and other people don't. I have never personally been a fan of them and never noticed much in terms of additional results from them vs bands, vs anything actually. If they work for you awesome. They definitely work for one my clients though so I've never ruled them out.
well said Steel, everyone responds differently to everything