Making your own BCAA mixture

RoboGiblets

RoboGiblets

Awards
What's up fellas?

I was thinking about making my own BCAA preworkout drink. Basically, I just want to mix all the powders up in a big empty protein jug and shake it around, then scoop a few scoops into a big water bottle and go.

Here is what I was thinking, so far

Ingredients:
1 kilo of BCAA's
100 grams of beta alanine
100 grams of citruline malate
2 jugs of yellow gatorade powder

I'm not sure if I should add more BA and CM, I havent really done the math yet. Besides that, what do you guys think?

verner

verner

Team Nutra Ninja Monkey Trainer
Awards
  • Established
Sounds cool. Im guessing you want about 10 gr bcaa 3gr ba, and 3 gr cm per serving? If you have acess to a coffee grinder, you want to dump it all in there a few grams at a time.

Joe29365

Awards
Pre workout drink...

How about adding some glutamine into the mix?:head:

MadJimF

MadJimF

Awards
  • Established
Just wondering what would dumping it into a coffee grinder do, I know grind it up, but why? Would it be same just dump each in to water and shake?

Sounds cool. Im guessing you want about 10 gr bcaa 3gr ba, and 3 gr cm per serving? If you have acess to a coffee grinder, you want to dump it all in there a few grams at a time.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would look into Waxy Maize to add to that, as well as taurine and creatine.

RoboGiblets

RoboGiblets

Awards
Waxy Maize is going into that, for sure. Good thinking.

I have monohydrate that I put into my PWO protein shakes because it makes me bloated if I take it pre-workout.

I think the hardest part about this is going to be figuring out the ratios of each powder I need.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have monohydrate that I put into my PWO protein shakes because it makes me bloated if I take it pre-workout.
Have you tried Creatine Malate or Creatine Gluconate?

verner

verner

Team Nutra Ninja Monkey Trainer
Awards
  • Established
Just wondering what would dumping it into a coffee grinder do, I know grind it up, but why? Would it be same just dump each in to water and shake?
Sure. That would be fine if mixing each serving at a time. But he said he wanted to mix it all in a big container. Using a grinder would give more even distribution. I imagine it would feel pretty intense getting too much Beta alanine in one shot.

msucurt

msucurt

Awards
  • Established
What's up fellas?

I was thinking about making my own BCAA preworkout drink. Basically, I just want to mix all the powders up in a big empty protein jug and shake it around, then scoop a few scoops into a big water bottle and go.

Here is what I was thinking, so far

Ingredients:
1 kilo of BCAA's
100 grams of beta alanine
100 grams of citruline malate
2 jugs of yellow gatorade powder

I'm not sure if I should add more BA and CM, I havent really done the math yet. Besides that, what do you guys think?
Dude, i was just thinking the same thing the other day. I love XTEND, but the price is a little steep. I was trying to figure out how to make my own BCAA preworkout mix with the same type flavors as xtend. I was looking into something similar as....

bcaa's
ba
CM
CEE
taurine
bulk powder flavors (i.e. BSL OR BSN powder flavors)
maybe 20 or so packets of propel...

just some ideas. It would be very cool to try and make something very similar to xtend or purple wraath. I know we can do it.......lets hear 'em

thanks

RoboGiblets

RoboGiblets

Awards
bulk powder flavors (i.e. BSL OR BSN powder flavors)
I've never even heard of this. That would probably be a safer bet than using gatorade...

As soon as I run out of my Xtend and Clout (probably in a week or two at the latest) I'm going to look into doing this.

Lets just try and figure out dosages or ratios now!

How about this:
10:3:3:2

BCAA:Creatine Gluconate:Citruline Malate:Beta Alanine

msucurt

msucurt

Awards
  • Established
I've never even heard of this. That would probably be a safer bet than using gatorade...

As soon as I run out of my Xtend and Clout (probably in a week or two at the latest) I'm going to look into doing this.

Lets just try and figure out dosages or ratios now!

How about this:
10:3:3:2

BCAA:Creatine Gluconate:Citruline Malate:Beta Alanine
IM pretty sure i saw somewhere where u could purchase BSL OR BSN flavors in powders....or maybe i was just dreaming....i dont know...

Bwill

Awards
IM pretty sure i saw somewhere where u could purchase BSL OR BSN flavors in powders....or maybe i was just dreaming....i dont know...
Yeah, BSL had them for a long time, but they are no longer on their website.

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
This is an interesting idea, how is it coming along?

Did you use a grinder to mix it more evenly or did you just dump everything into a big container??