Unanswered Mainataining muscle in Ramadan

Bk1991

Awards
I have Ramadhan coming up next weekm and was wondering whats the best way to keep muscle mass, and how should one train in terms of weight and reps for muscle mass

And is taking casein as last food source before fast closes a good idea?( bought my first tub of casein ever)

And would taking ostarine be helpful or harmful since unable to hydrate as much, plus it damages your lipid profile?

Anabaholic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Casein is probably a good idea. I wouldn't take the ostarine, I've never tried it myself, but reviews are pretty mixed at best. Even in the best circumstances, I think you'd have a hard time eating enough and training with enough intensity during fasting to get much out of ostarine, or any drug really, to make putting your health through that worth it.
For diet, I wouldn't stress too much, just do what you can to get in enough protein, the way PSMF dieters do, but obviously, not that low calorie if you can avoid it. If you wanted to add a supplement, hmb could be useful, so could BCAA's.

On the training side of things, focus on moving the heaviest weights you can safely handle, probably keeping reps low to moderate, and cut back on cardio, maybe just 10 minutes of walking after lifting for the health benefits of cardio.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
You can eat when the sun is not up, so you can get a good amount of protein, and energy in the morning, and before bed. Being fasted when the sun is up will not hinder your muscle gain if you are consuming adequate protein and calories when the sun is down. My opinion, eat low carb during that time, eat high protein, and moderate fat. That will make the most out of your daily fasting, and make it easier on you.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Reality is that you're just going into a religiously enforced intermittent fasting. Make sure you get one protein heavy meal in at night (50g+) and the same in the morning before sunrise.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I wouldn’t stress too much about it just try to get in adequate nutrition when you can and train like you normally would.

As mentioned it’s basically just following IF.

TheSuppGuy

TheSuppGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Casein is probably a good idea. I wouldn't take the ostarine, I've never tried it myself, but reviews are pretty mixed at best. Even in the best circumstances, I think you'd have a hard time eating enough and training with enough intensity during fasting to get much out of ostarine, or any drug really, to make putting your health through that worth it.
For diet, I wouldn't stress too much, just do what you can to get in enough protein, the way PSMF dieters do, but obviously, not that low calorie if you can avoid it. If you wanted to add a supplement, hmb could be useful, so could BCAA's.

On the training side of things, focus on moving the heaviest weights you can safely handle, probably keeping reps low to moderate, and cut back on cardio, maybe just 10 minutes of walking after lifting for the health benefits of cardio.
What does HMB do? I've got it at hand.

TheSuppGuy

TheSuppGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

What does HMB do? I've got it at hand.

TheSuppGuy

TheSuppGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dont take ostarine. If anything happens you can not drink water etc etc. Just stick to whats safe. If ur goal is to gain size then be in a surplus. Dont eat too much salt cause that will dehydrate you. Sleep well to keep cortisol low and test high. Train but dont overtrain. Try to see your goal to maintain and not gain from this. If anything you can get some fat burning benefits, but remember this will make your fasting harder. Not drinking water helps you burn more fat too believe it or not.

When will you train? Right before you can drink? Or will your workout be finished when you can start eating and drinking? The cassein idea sounds good. How many hours will you be eating?

Bk1991

Awards
Dont take ostarine. If anything happens you can not drink water etc etc. Just stick to whats safe. If ur goal is to gain size then be in a surplus. Dont eat too much salt cause that will dehydrate you. Sleep well to keep cortisol low and test high. Train but dont overtrain. Try to see your goal to maintain and not gain from this. If anything you can get some fat burning benefits, but remember this will make your fasting harder. Not drinking water helps you burn more fat too believe it or not.

When will you train? Right before you can drink? Or will your workout be finished when you can start eating and drinking? The cassein idea sounds good. How many hours will you be eating?

Thank you everyone for your replies

Im an Emergency Med doctor so depends on shiftsm some will be before fast opens, some a good few hrs before , shifts are all over the place
Yh I was thinking osta would not have been a good idea
So basically just heavy weights and low reps
I am also thinking of seeing it as maintenance, not looking to get bigger or break any PR, should help lose some belly fat also, not that i have alot, its good get rid of etra lol