Low testosterone/High estrogen. Big trouble. I could use some serious help.

LazyAmerican

Awards
I'm going to start looking into taking a low dose of testosterone. I'm bout to start trying research exactly How and what to take. I have an issue with having both low testosterone AND high estrogen. It started with taking a medicine (an opiate) for about a year and a few months. It made me gain a ton of weight and the excess of fat caused me to produce more estrogen, while the side effect of the drug cause my testosterone to drop sharply. I went from about 205 to 255. It caught me off gaurd. I didn't want to gain any more weight so I started hitting the gym pretty hard, eating much, much better, and running a good deal, but unfortunately, my hormones took a pretty big hit and by the time my body can sort this out in a year or two, I will have some double D's. This will reverse itself in due time,, but in the mean time, I'm f#@ked.

I've already started to get a somewhat bad case of gynecomastia. It was just a minor nuisance for about a year (before I knew what is was), but in the last 5 or so months, it's really started picking up. Taking my shirt off is just something I'm not going to do in public (yes, it's that bad).

So basically, I'm going to have to supplement testosterone on my own. Beside the nightmare scenario that I'm already living here (growing breasts), my energy is barely existent, no matter how much I work out and run and eat well. I've hit a complete plateau, no matter what I cannot gain energy, or retain the muscle mass to raise my metabolism, etc. Without the vital function testosterone plays, these things aren't going to change.

Any help, advice, links, facts ( even internet hearsay) would be greatly appreciated. I'm basicaly looking for just a basic testosterone supplement, a rough guideline on dosing, and an idea of how long to use it (and info on SERMs as well)
I wouldn't wish this on anyone. The faster I can get this going, the better my chances for not letting this turn into long term trouble.

If you read this far, I can't thank you enough!!

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
why r u in RED? ur new here? first of all

luelinks

luelinks

Awards
  • Established
I think you should go to the doctor. Like tomorrow morning. As soon as you wake up. Why did wait so long to ask for help?

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
yes^!

u will probably be put on TRT < good thing! human TEST for life!

LazyAmerican

Awards
I think you should go to the doctor. Like tomorrow morning. As soon as you wake up. Why did wait so long to ask for help?
Believe me I did. After 5K in bloodwork and tests, the resident basically said, well yeah, it'll go back to normal one day, or it won't. It's going to take a year or more for your body to start to go back to normal. She said she may consider prescribing me test as a supplement, but I would need to come back to talk to her, but I ran out of money to pay my bills with them. So they're just leaving me like this. I can't go back until I've paid it in full. I lost my job last month too. They're pretty cold!

I even went to their emergency room just to Rey to get a doctor to just look at my file in his computer and just write the damn prescription. But he just said, "at the ER, we just stabilize people who are badly hurt. I would have to refer you to Endocrinology for this". But thatbis the dept that won't see me until I pay up. Which won't happen for at least a few years.

I couldn't be more frustrated.

LazyAmerican

Awards
Sorry for spelling errors, I only have my iPhone for internet.

luelinks

luelinks

Awards
  • Established
Believe me I did. After 5K in bloodwork and tests, the resident basically said, well yeah, it'll go back to normal one day, or it won't. It's going to take a year or more for your body to start to go back to normal. She said she may consider prescribing me test as a supplement, but I would need to come back to talk to her, but I ran out of money to pay my bills with them. So they're just leaving me like this. I can't go back until I've paid it in full. I lost my job last month too. They're pretty cold!

I even went to their emergency room just to Rey to get a doctor to just look at my file in his computer and just write the damn prescription. But he just said, "at the ER, we just stabilize people who are badly hurt. I would have to refer you to Endocrinology for this". But thatbis the dept that won't see me until I pay up. Which won't happen for at least a few years.

I couldn't be more frustrated.

Well it looks like the bitch fukked up and I do believe doctors could get in trouble for that. Wait go read this: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/157125-gyno-treatment-article.html and contact the author with your problem he should be able to help you. Other than that I got nothing. Sorry!

Primal2

Primal2

Awards
You need to get a new doc and ask someone to help you pay for it. You should never self medicate. There are a lot of issues that no one here could safely suggest to you.

Also, you have no job... so how would buy anything anyway? I think the biggest concerns at this point is that shelter and food are taking care of before anything else.

LazyAmerican

Awards
You need to get a new doc and ask someone to help you pay for it. You should never self medicate. There are a lot of issues that no one here could safely suggest to you.

Also, you have no job... so how would buy anything anyway? I think the biggest concerns at this point is that shelter and food are taking care of before anything else.

It's not like I would have someone tell me, "well, uh....just take X, Y, and Z." and then just be like, oh, cool, thanks for the help guys!!!
I absolutely will research the living hell out of it, get second and third opinions.
As far as getting a new doctor, it just won't happen. I've tried. And tried. Without insurance, in this country, you're just dead in the water. You are a profit potential, not a human being. We have some of the best medical facilities, and doctors, and care in the world....if only you can afford it.
I am currently out of work, yes, but that doesn't mean I can't start researching this now, so the second I can afford to do something about it, I will already know just what to do.

LazyAmerican

Awards
Also, it's not just that I have no plans to work at a strip club... And therefor have no real need for a set of perky breasts, it's the fact that I can't retain lean muscle mass. And the consequenses therein. I bust my ass in the gym 5 days a week. For nothing.