Low Growth Hormone

rickrock055

Awards
So due to an old higher normal IGF-1, my endo gave me a glucose tolerance test to screen for acromegaly.

Surprisingly, the results came back with normal IGF-1 but very low GH.

I’ve got SEVERE fatigue, brain fog, hx of multiple concussions from sports (including being unconscious and a brain bleed that showed on MRI or CT).

baseline GH was 0.3 ng/mL (0.00 - 2.47, how could 0.00 be normal range?)

baseline IGF was 184 ng/mL (66 - 234) with a z score of 1.2.

subsequent GH after 75 mg oral glucose went from 0.3 - 0.13 - 0.06 - 0.03 over time.

Does this mean anything to anyone?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
So due to an old higher normal IGF-1, my endo gave me a glucose tolerance test to screen for acromegaly.

I’ve got SEVERE fatigue, brain fog, hx of multiple concussions from sports (including being unconscious and a brain bleed that showed on MRI or CT).

subsequent GH after 75 mg oral glucose went from 0.3 - 0.13 - 0.06 - 0.03 over time.

Don't quote me on this, but from my understanding there is no gh range, so any Dr. Can determine the reference range to be whatever they want. The "normal range" is typically 0.4-10 ng/ml for adults, but that range isn't taken into consideration the same way testosterone levels are, So a DR. Has a lot of wiggle room to determine what's acceptable levels.

The older you get typically the lower your gh goes. Kids can have gh levels up to 50ng/ml

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

i have to get brain mri's with contrast every so often due to vascular dementia...do you have to wear the huge astronaut helmet when you get brain mri-i think they call it a brain bucket?