Love is EVOL *Sponsored*

Magdalena

Magdalena

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks Mags, I'm doing my best to get better. It's a never ending process. I'm 5'11" 225 and I've never touched the juice. Give me another few years and when I do get on it........lol.
That's a good size!!! Some solid strength!!!!
Yes , I hear ya on the never ending process, lol...
That's what makes it fun though....
;)

CincyKiller45

CincyKiller45

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This a deload week for me. My body needs it, westside is demanding. I'm saving what's left of EVOL for my max out weeks.

I've gave a few scoops away to friends so they could try it out. If it's not sold at GNC, then most kids don't know what it is. My buddy loves it, he's ordering a tub tonight. Haha.

Magdalena

Magdalena

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This a deload week for me. My body needs it, westside is demanding. I'm saving what's left of EVOL for my max out weeks. I've gave a few scoops away to friends so they could try it out. If it's not sold at GNC, then most kids don't know what it is. My buddy loves it, he's ordering a tub tonight. Haha.
Good man, Cincykiller , share the love......
;)

CincyKiller45

CincyKiller45

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good man, Cincykiller , share the love...... ;)
I like to share products I respond to with others. Since I got the tub free it's the least I could do to get the name out there.

I would send you some, but I don't think I would drink any powdered substance from a sandwich bag that was sent to me by a random guy over the Internet. Lol.

Magdalena

Magdalena

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I like to share products I respond to with others. Since I got the tub free it's the least I could do to get the name out there. I would send you some, but I don't think I would drink any powdered substance from a sandwich bag that was sent to me by a random guy over the Internet. Lol.
Ha ha, I'm a dare devil like that, lol, but the border that's a whole different ball game...
:)

CincyKiller45

CincyKiller45

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's been a good deload week; nothing worth noting in here. Just been going light and hitting my conditioning work.

Excited to get back on EVOL and smoke some new PR's!!

CincyKiller45

CincyKiller45

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Westside: Week 8- ME lower

1" deficit deadlift:
495x1
515x1 (PR): http://youtu.be/zv5J0Uqi2Z4

525x1 (PR): http://youtu.be/08MOQRryeGI

Squat w/I belt: 315x5x5 (buried every rep, brutal)

Barbell back extensions:
135x10x3
155x10 (these are ridiculously painful)

That's all, I'm smoked. I timed deload perfectly and came back ready to work. EVOL hit me hard, I was all sorts of amped up. Huge milestone today.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well **** guess I should deload more often :D!

CincyKiller45

CincyKiller45

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well **** guess I should deload more often :D!
I don't deload that often man. I had to this time. The Westside program I run is pretty taxing plus I add to it. Doing max effort triples, doubles, singles every week will break you down. But, I'm also a firm believer that you get better at lifting heavy for singles by, well, lifting heavy singles or close to it.

I'm about out of EVOL dammit. I've been milking it by only using it on heavy days or days I need a kick to the cooch.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I don't deload that often man. I had to this time. The Westside program I run is pretty taxing plus I add to it. Doing max effort triples, doubles, singles every week will break you down. But, I'm also a firm believer that you get better at lifting heavy for singles by, well, lifting heavy singles or close to it.

I'm about out of EVOL dammit. I've been milking it by only using it on heavy days or days I need a kick to the cooch.
I hear ya with getting better on a single lift. Sheiko was amazing but I didn't break any PRs due to some poor planning on my part :( Check that 2014 Powerlifting Goals thread to see what I mean.

I must say I'm very intrigued by Westside now from this log but I'm lacking bands/boards/etc. nor would I know how to set them up lol. Also a good DEDICATED partner would be AWESOME of which I have none.

CincyKiller45

CincyKiller45

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I hear ya with getting better on a single lift. Sheiko was amazing but I didn't break any PRs due to some poor planning on my part :( Check that 2014 Powerlifting Goals thread to see what I mean. I must say I'm very intrigued by Westside now from this log but I'm lacking bands/boards/etc. nor would I know how to set them up lol. Also a good DEDICATED partner would be AWESOME of which I have none.
I checked it out man. Much of it is due to that weight cut and it being your first meet. Don't fray about it, you're setting yourself up for a HUGE improvement in total for your next one. You're a strong guy!

Bands are not a necessity for Westside and I've never used boards. The only bands I use are the short light bands from EFS. Those cost like $3 a piece and are easily the best $6 investment of my life. If you're benching just hook them under a DB, if you're deadlifting slide them between an empty bar before loading plates and you just anchor them under your feet. Dave Tate also has a tutorial on them, very simple and band pegs are not a necessity.

If you decide to do Westside do your research and check your author. Obviously you dong want to train westside like a geared lifter if you're raw. The best way I've found to implement it is by using full ROM ME movements!!!!!! Here is mine ATM:

ME upper:
Pin press 1" off chest
CG bench
Regular bench

ME lower:
Deficit deadlift
Front squat
Rack pull 3" under knee
Low box squat
Regular DL
Regular back squat

It can be very effective for a raw lifter. In fact, I've never gotten stronger this fast on any other program. You could say that the program just works for me, but I say the damn program works in general if you know what you're doing.

Here's a link to the foundation of my program:
http://www.jtsstrength.com/articles/2012/06/15/how-i-would-westside/

CincyKiller45

CincyKiller45

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You would need longer bands for squats, but I don't do banded squats hardly ever. If you did want to, average bands would be all that you would need and I think they're somewhere in the realm of $7 a piece.

I train alone 90% of the time too. Too bad you're not 30 min closer to me, I could use a dedicated partner as well.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I checked it out man. Much of it is due to that weight cut and it being your first meet. Don't fray about it, you're setting yourself up for a HUGE improvement in total for your next one. You're a strong guy!

Bands are not a necessity for Westside and I've never used boards. The only bands I use are the short light bands from EFS. Those cost like $3 a piece and are easily the best $6 investment of my life. If you're benching just hook them under a DB, if you're deadlifting slide them between an empty bar before loading plates and you just anchor them under your feet. Dave Tate also has a tutorial on them, very simple and band pegs are not a necessity.

If you decide to do Westside do your research and check your author. Obviously you dong want to train westside like a geared lifter if you're raw. The best way I've found to implement it is by using full ROM ME movements!!!!!! Here is mine ATM:

ME upper:
Pin press 1" off chest
CG bench
Regular bench

ME lower:
Deficit deadlift
Front squat
Rack pull 3" under knee
Low box squat
Regular DL
Regular back squat

It can be very effective for a raw lifter. In fact, I've never gotten stronger this fast on any other program. You could say that the program just works for me, but I say the damn program works in general if you know what you're doing.

Here's a link to the foundation of my program:
http://www.jtsstrength.com/articles/2012/06/15/how-i-would-westside/
Damn bro! Informative post is informative! I am definitely going to look into those bands. You'll have to point me in the direction of some pics of what the proper setup looks like. I will definitely being going into my next meet with 1) a much more prepared gameplan (don't think I'll cut anymore I plan on doing 275 from here on out... or if I do 242 still it will be a much better and well thought out cut lol) and 2) a better fitting singlet that doesn't internalize my testicles. Much appreciated :D!

CincyKiller45

CincyKiller45

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Damn bro! Informative post is informative! I am definitely going to look into those bands. You'll have to point me in the direction of some pics of what the proper setup looks like. I will definitely being going into my next meet with 1) a much more prepared gameplan (don't think I'll cut anymore I plan on doing 275 from here on out... or if I do 242 still it will be a much better and well thought out cut lol) and 2) a better fitting singlet that doesn't internalize my testicles. Much appreciated :D!
I have DE squats and deads tomorrow, I'll get a few pics. There's really no one way to do it, the limit is your imagination. You can double loop, or put them under a 100lb plate for more tension. I use bands for A LOT of different things including; curls, triceps extensions/press downs/rows, almost anything. It brings a new dynamic for sure.

Here is Dave Tates tutorial:
http://youtu.be/b8MWX-4Fr2k

Hahaha, I saw that after I sent it. I didn't want to post edit because I would lose the formatting.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have DE squats and deads tomorrow, I'll get a few pics. There's really no one way to do it, the limit is your imagination. You can double loop, or put them under a 100lb plate for more tension. I use bands for A LOT of different things including; curls, triceps extensions/press downs/rows, almost anything. It brings a new dynamic for sure.

Here is Dave Tates tutorial:
http://youtu.be/b8MWX-4Fr2k

Hahaha, I saw that after I sent it. I didn't want to post edit because I would lose the formatting.
Thanks CK I'm gonna check that video out when I get home from work. Tate knows his **** thats for sure. Love the EFS guys.

CincyKiller45

CincyKiller45

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks CK I'm gonna check that video out when I get home from work. Tate knows his **** thats for sure. Love the EFS guys.
It's a tutorial on the short bands alone. You're right, EFS has some pretty amazing people. There's a lot to be learned from them guys.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How's it going in here CK?

CincyKiller45

CincyKiller45

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How's it going in here CK?
Going good man. I haven't taken any EVOL because I only have enough for 2 more workouts. I've taken a mini deload since Saturday and this week is max out week. The plan; max squat today, max bench Friday and max deadlift Sunday.

So, about to down 1.5 scoops of EVOL and max my squat. Brb with results.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Going good man. I haven't taken any EVOL because I only have enough for 2 more workouts. I've taken a mini deload since Saturday and this week is max out week. The plan; max squat today, max bench Friday and max deadlift Sunday.

So, about to down 1.5 scoops of EVOL and max my squat. Brb with results.
Good luck!

CincyKiller45

CincyKiller45

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good luck!
Thanks bro!

Got 445 today and left a little in the tank. Was a PR though. I want to save the big ones for my meet. My squat is by far my weakest lift, so I'm very happy with my progress. Looking for a 500 squat at my meet with wraps.

After not taking EVOL for a while it hit me pretty hard. I was so damn anxious to squat, doing mobility work pre-squat was difficult, haha. But I got it in and it paid off. I really enjoy EVOL, only 1 more workout left with it :(.

I'll throw up my review after it's gone.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks bro!

Got 445 today and left a little in the tank. Was a PR though. I want to save the big ones for my meet. My squat is by far my weakest lift, so I'm very happy with my progress. Looking for a 500 squat at my meet with wraps.

After not taking EVOL for a while it hit me pretty hard. I was so damn anxious to squat, doing mobility work pre-squat was difficult, haha. But I got it in and it paid off. I really enjoy EVOL, only 1 more workout left with it :(.

I'll throw up my review after it's gone.
Nice work! My goal is to squat 405 at some point lol so 445 is awesome!

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks Bean, your tall ass has a disadvantage, but you're going to get it!
Yes tall ass lol... I received a lot of praise from some of the the other guys at my meet that a guy of my height was able to hit 300+lbs to (too much) depth! LOL. Felt good man. Can't wait to 4 plate it!

CincyKiller45

CincyKiller45

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I maxed bench today, but I didn't use EVOL because I'm saving it for deadlift day. I got 345, thought I would throw that in here anyways. I had a little more in me, but took the PR and went on.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I maxed bench today, but I didn't use EVOL because I'm saving it for deadlift day. I got 345, thought I would throw that in here anyways. I had a little more in me, but took the PR and went on.
My man! We'll chalk it up to some EVOL still circulating in your system ;-)

CincyKiller45

CincyKiller45

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wtf? I guess my post didn't go through after my deadlift max and I just now thought about the Bean. 99% of the time when it says error it still goes through.

Anyways, I ended up pulling 545 for a 20lb PR. I was feeling weak too!

Thanks for the logging op Bean and my apologies on the lack of update on my final day! I loved EVOL and will be buying a tub.

Posting up my review as well :).

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wtf? I guess my post didn't go through after my deadlift max and I just now thought about the Bean. 99% of the time when it says error it still goes through.

Anyways, I ended up pulling 545 for a 20lb PR. I was feeling weak too!

Thanks for the logging op Bean and my apologies on the lack of update on my final day! I loved EVOL and will be buying a tub.

Posting up my review as well :).
Damn man 20lbs! Epic! Thanks for the great log!