lifting clothes

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
any favorite brands?
A long time ago (like 10 years) I did pick up some lululemon stuff before the mens clothing went 100% femme. I still have a hoodie that fits great, looks great, and doesn't stink. I picked up some shirts from Grind athletics a while back that are awesome. $25 t-shirts with a solid athletic fit on the shoulders and arms but don't wear like a dress around your waist.

I'm just looking to go pick up a handful of $25 tees or something that fits good. I have a few that have kicked the bucket and need to be tossed, there's no saving them. (once you start to realize it's not that guy next to you that you smell, it's time to toss the shirt, lol).

Just want to order some athletic fitting shirts like what Rogue sells, except without some of the stupid logos and pictures they print.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
any favorite brands?
A long time ago (like 10 years) I did pick up some lululemon stuff before the mens clothing went 100% femme. I still have a hoodie that fits great, looks great, and doesn't stink. I picked up some shirts from Grind athletics a while back that are awesome. $25 t-shirts with a solid athletic fit on the shoulders and arms but don't wear like a dress around your waist.

I'm just looking to go pick up a handful of $25 tees or something that fits good. I have a few that have kicked the bucket and need to be tossed, there's no saving them. (once you start to realize it's not that guy next to you that you smell, it's time to toss the shirt, lol).

Just want to order some athletic fitting shirts like what Rogue sells, except without some of the stupid logos and pictures they print.
Lol Lululemon if definitely femme. I can't find much clothes I like either. I was wearing Under Armour a lot, but now that I'm a big fatter, it doesn't work.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
any favorite brands?

Grind clothing looks great, but way too much print. I prefer minimal labels.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I think its hard to beat the nike dri-fit 4-way strech jogging pant that are unlined. they dont make em anymore with out the femme boi cuts so I get the old normal mens pant style ones on ebay

SSJ4GOD

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Reebok is my go to for shirts and shorts. Quality seems to hold up better than others. For sweatpants I will use whatever. Sweatshirts I stick to UA.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Reebok is my go to for shirts and shorts. Quality seems to hold up better than others. For sweatpants I will use whatever. Sweatshirts I stick to UA.
Do reebok fit well? Regular t shirts make me look like I'm wearing a moomoo if it fits in my shoulders well.

SSJ4GOD

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Do reebok fit well? Regular t shirts make me look like I'm wearing a moomoo if it fits in my shoulders well.
I have no complaints with the shirts I got. I wear XL and normally the fit adds like 20lbs of fat to my look lol but the Reebok is more form fitting

Marne40

Marne40

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
It’s kinda tough to find decent sh!t if you’re built and lean, but there’s some stuff out there. I just search Amazon for tapered lifting clothes, or something similar, and take a shot on things that don’t look like a TikTok fuckboi would wear to the gym to shoot “exercise” videos. End up returning quite a bit before I find things that I like and don’t make me feel like a chunker. But, it’s tough to throw out any suggestions as some brands that a lot of people like don’t work for everyone’s body type, and I’ve had decent luck with no-name brands that I’ve never heard of.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Lol Lululemon if definitely femme. I can't find much clothes I like either. I was wearing Under Armour a lot, but now that I'm a big fatter, it doesn't work.
For sure. I have a pair of sweat pants I bought ten years ago when it wasn't so femme. to give you an idea how much better it was back then, I watched their clearance/closeout area for those same pants because they were discontinued and snagged another pair like 5 years later lol. I still have both pairs in great shape. I wear them basically every week to squat in. I get a huge discount at lulu but not worth it to dress like an anorexic gender neutral dude.

It’s kinda tough to find decent sh!t if you’re built and lean, but there’s some stuff out there. I just search Amazon for tapered lifting clothes, or something similar, and take a shot on things that don’t look like a TikTok fuckboi would wear to the gym to shoot “exercise” videos. End up returning quite a bit before I find things that I like and don’t make me feel like a chunker. But, it’s tough to throw out any suggestions as some brands that a lot of people like don’t work for everyone’s body type, and I’ve had decent luck with no-name brands that I’ve never heard of.
I know exactly what you mean. when I owned my gym my wife and I found a brand of t-shirts called canvas (their womans side is called Bella) so whenever we had shirts, hoodies, etc made we always used their brand. cheap tshirts are just ****.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Another thing I've done, if I liked the shirt or button up or whatever enough and it fit well in the shoulders and chest but looked like a moomoo, I'd still buy it and take it to alterations to get tapered. Usually worked well.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
so took my wife to the mall saturday so she could see if there were any good sales. we did drop into the lululemon store and I was not quiet in the least when I told her how shitty all their clothes are and how it's like one giant gender neutral bargain bin of crap now.

Another thing I've done, if I liked the shirt or button up or whatever enough and it fit well in the shoulders and chest but looked like a moomoo, I'd still buy it and take it to alterations to get tapered. Usually worked well.
yeah I do that with all my work clothes. There is this older Korean lady I go to down the road, we have a small bit of a language barrier but I will buy bogo work shirts all the time and just take them straight to her before I even put them on lol. she always tells me my muscles are so big. 😂😂😂

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Do you remember what your favorite fitting model# is for the bella+canva shirts/hoodies? I'm thinking about picking up a few blanks if they fit good. Looks like you can get the shirts for 5-10 bucks each. They have too many different models and most of them are unisex which typically don't fit good if you have wide shoulders.

I'm not really a fan of the company but If your looking for a cheaper copy of lulu , target has some decent shirts in their line called all in motion. I picked up the "Performance T-Shirt" and i like the fit alot. Doesn't look like some soy boy **** either.
I can check some tags when I get home and see if it has more info. IIRC Canvas is the mens line and bella is the womans line so the cuts are different.

this week I made an executive decision to use my nice T's from the Buckle as my new gym shirts and commit to getting new T's at Buckle or something for every day where. I figure they're the same price as any other gym shirt I destroy... lol.

the blanks idea is solid. I should have done that. I go through so many baseball hats that now that's what I'm thinking as well. just a solid black fitted hat for gym and a white one for date nights lol