****LG Sciences Weight Gainer Recipe****

pushinweightw

Awards
  • Established

I see a thread asking about how to make a home made gainer at least once a week. The following is the basic formula for a highly nutritious homemade weigh gain shake.

Protein
Lipotropic Protein

This is a great blended protein that has high levels of polyphenols. Similar to the ones found in green tea they have a favorable effect on metabolism. This is a desirable characteristic to find in ones protein when bulking or gaining weight. The ability of Lipotropic protein to increase the chance of lean mass being added as opposed to fat is invaluable.

Carbohydrate
Perfect Carb
This product contains a blend of carbohydrates designed to sustain release of carbs and thus promote a consistent level of glucose available to the user. Any gainer worth it's salt is going to give you quality carbohydrates, and an abundance at that. Perfect Carb is, well, perfect for the job as it is flavor less thus allowing you to mix it with any other flavored item, for example Lipotropic protein, without causing a conflict of tastes.

Additional carb sources include ground oats and fruit. Fruit is great for flavor and nutrients. Oats give a shake some body and thickness which many find a plus.

Fats
You can really play with this macro nutrient. I have used many different sources over the years. The following are my preferred picks:
Natural PB
Natural Almond Butter
Macadamia Nut Oil
Coconut Oil
MCT Oil

I have tried many others over the years and after much trial and error I stick to the above options.​

Sample Recipe

LG homemade weight gain shake!

2 scoops Lipotropic protein
1 banana
2 tbsp coconut oil
38g out flour
1 scoop perfect carb
5 ice cubes
16 oz water

Totals:
Protein: 57g
Fat: 30g
Carbs: 85g, 7g fiber, 22g sugar
Calories: 845

Not bad for a super nutritious shake. All amounts can be altered to fit the individual. This is the strongest attribute of the homemade gainer, the ability to customize 100%.

biggkarim

biggkarim

Awards
Very nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I really dig this. I haven't made a "weight gainer" of my own yet, but I've made some pretty delicious shakes with the Lipotropic and Perfect Carb. - To make this even better, I'd suggest adding in some Hershey's Special Dark Cocoa powder. Healthy and delicious!

pushinweightw

Awards
  • Established
I really dig this. I haven't made a "weight gainer" of my own yet, but I've made some pretty delicious shakes with the Lipotropic and Perfect Carb. - To make this even better, I'd suggest adding in some Hershey's Special Dark Cocoa powder. Healthy and delicious!
That sounds really good. The ability to use almost any add on is what makes "home cooking" fun.

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Very nice recipe indeed! I'm hitting the kitchen right away :D

//CC

flightposite

flightposite

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established