Lets talk about Halostachine

shockrock3

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Been around for awhile...C&P released a pre with it (it's been in others but never bothered to care to look into it). Interesting stimulant....outside of the write-ups....what is the general consensus of it?

Some copy/pasta:

What Is It?

Halostachine, also known as N-methylphenylethanolamine, is a beta adrenergic agonist similar in structure and function to ephedrine. It's typically found in rye grass and is also standardized from the plant Halostachys Caspica.

Halostachine is a natural metabolite of phenylethylamine (PEA), a compound found in cocoa beans known for its "feel-good" effects in the body. Halostachine has pharmacological action similar to ephedrine, and other beta agonists, but is less potent and believed to be more safe, but needs further testing to verify this claim.

What Does It Do?

As a beta agonist, halostachine imparts various lipolytic and thermogenic effects (fat-burning and temperature raising), effects in the body. One of the reasons for ephedrine's ban by the FDA was due to the fact that it significantly increase heart rate and potentially negatively impacted cardiovascular function. Halostachine, much like synephrine, is said to be more benign and can be used as a safer alternative to ephedrine.

Furthermore, as a beta agonist,halostachine can stimulate the release of adrenaline and noradrenaline into the bloodstream. These two neurotransmitters not only help increase alertness, focus, and energy, but also induce lipolysis, the breakdown and release of fatty acids.

Clinical studies have demonstrated no significant increases in heart rate with halostachine administration, even when administered multiple times, making it a safe inclusion in pre workout supplements.

sespress

Awards
Been around for awhile...C&P released a pre with it (it's been in others but never bothered to care to look into it). Interesting stimulant....outside of the write-ups....what is the general consensus of it?

Some copy/pasta:

What Is It?

Halostachine, also known as N-methylphenylethanolamine, is a beta adrenergic agonist similar in structure and function to ephedrine. It's typically found in rye grass and is also standardized from the plant Halostachys Caspica.

Halostachine is a natural metabolite of phenylethylamine (PEA), a compound found in cocoa beans known for its "feel-good" effects in the body. Halostachine has pharmacological action similar to ephedrine, and other beta agonists, but is less potent and believed to be more safe, but needs further testing to verify this claim.

What Does It Do?

As a beta agonist, halostachine imparts various lipolytic and thermogenic effects (fat-burning and temperature raising), effects in the body. One of the reasons for ephedrine's ban by the FDA was due to the fact that it significantly increase heart rate and potentially negatively impacted cardiovascular function. Halostachine, much like synephrine, is said to be more benign and can be used as a safer alternative to ephedrine.

Furthermore, as a beta agonist,halostachine can stimulate the release of adrenaline and noradrenaline into the bloodstream. These two neurotransmitters not only help increase alertness, focus, and energy, but also induce lipolysis, the breakdown and release of fatty acids.

Clinical studies have demonstrated no significant increases in heart rate with halostachine administration, even when administered multiple times, making it a safe inclusion in pre workout supplements.
I have yet to hear of this stuff at all. Is it found solo or is this in a supp with other things?

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Good read. Will be looking into this stuff and it's potential.

shockrock3

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have yet to hear of this stuff at all. Is it found solo or is this in a supp with other things?
Not solo....it's in Chaos & Pain's Titan pre-workout. I've seen it in other pre's (can't recall any off the top of my head) but you never see anyone talk about it.

Hardedge

Awards
I remember it being in NO-shotgun in the past.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It has been and still is in Nubreed Undisputed PWO. Nice product with a similarl feel to CU as far as focus and "feel good" attributes.

carguy123

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Not solo....it's in Chaos & Pain's Titan pre-workout. I've seen it in other pre's (can't recall any off the top of my head) but you never see anyone talk about it.
I saw this product released over the weekend and halostachine was the first ingredient that caught my eye. Based on the limited info I could find out there it seemed kinda of bunk but always in to learn more and hear some first hand users feedback

shockrock3

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I saw this product released over the weekend and halostachine was the first ingredient that caught my eye. Based on the limited info I could find out there it seemed kinda of bunk but always in to learn more and hear some first hand users feedback
Formula is pretty weak tbh...not impressed with any of C&P's offerings lately and all the reformulations suk. Not the C&P I'm used to and prob. won't buy anything again.

Going to do some more research on Halo...I could have sworn there was a handful of pre's with it.

carguy123

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Formula is pretty weak tbh...not impressed with any of C&P's offerings lately and all the reformulations suk. Not the C&P I'm used to and prob. won't buy anything again.

Going to do some more research on Halo...I could have sworn there was a handful of pre's with it.
Agreed; did not care for this formula much at all. Also agree I have not been a fan of most of their new stuff either, hoping for the best as I have used a decent amount of C&P in the past

shockrock3

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Bunk and doesn't work. I wrote about it a few years ago, and so did neuron.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=129471983
Yeah I knew it's been around for awhile....didn't know it was worse than synephrine at activating beta 2....nor did I know half life was 5-10 min. Some good reading, thanks.

So that begs the question....why do companies continue to put synephrine in formulas (don't see many with halostachine), cheap and consumer stupidty?

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I remember it being in NO-shotgun in the past.
Very underrated pre workout, used to love that stuff. Also had 14g protein!

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah I knew it's been around for awhile....didn't know it was worse than synephrine at activating beta 2....nor did I know half life was 5-10 min. Some good reading, thanks.

So that begs the question....why do companies continue to put synephrine in formulas (don't see many with halostachine), cheap and consumer stupidty?
Synephrine isn't useful for fat loss, but it does work as an appetite suppressant (especially when combined with caffeine), so that's one positive for using it.

Very underrated pre workout, used to love that stuff. Also had 14g protein!
That's because they contained ingredients like bcaas and creatine as "protein"

EricIrons

EricIrons

Board Sponsor
Awards
Halostachine is a good stimulant but isn't much good for fat loss. It seems to have a quick diminishing effect as even a stimulant. Strange because it hits hard for a few days then seems to peter out...