LET ME TELL YOU OF THE DAYS OF HIGH ADVENTURE!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Nice arm pump?? I've been trying to get 12 or so working sets on bi's and 9 or so on tris. should probably do the same on both.

I went to my chiropractor today and had him look at my foot that has had plantar fasciitis symptoms for the past two months. I say "symptoms" because it was self diagnosed, but it's not rocket science, it was plantar fasciitis. Anyway, he grabbed onto my foot, felt all the bones, muscles, and tendons, and said it was all sorts of FUBAR. He pushed and pulled and cracked it for about 3 minutes. 100% of my pain gone instantly. I'm not sure why some people live with plantar fasciitis if it is that easy to fix.
that blows my mind. could you feel the knot in your heel? when mine acts up I can actually feel a lump in my heel. I've found the best cure for mine is better quality shoes.

Famine

Famine

Awards
Awesome EZ Curl session! OLAD Style! I suffer from plantar fasciitis as well. Researching it and it seems to result from wearing running shoes, heel being too thick and not having proper arch support.
Nice arm pump?? I've been trying to get 12 or so working sets on bi's and 9 or so on tris. should probably do the same on both.

that blows my mind. could you feel the knot in your heel? when mine acts up I can actually feel a lump in my heel. I've found the best cure for mine is better quality shoes.

When he was grabbing onto my foot, he said "the tissue doesn't even feel remotely similar in each foot." My arch had no spring to it at all, range of motion was at less than 50%, and he named off a half dozen bones (that I'm not familiar with) that he said were misaligned. Like I said before, he pushed, pulled, and cracked it a bunch of times, and BAM, felt better.

The true test came this morning, because usually I can barely walk for the first 20 out of bed in the morning. While I did feel a slight pressure in the front of my heal, I'd say I had 90% less pain. And now, 2 hours later, nothing.

Shoes are probably the culprit, which is sort of ironic since I usually spend a lot of money on quality shoes. However, intermixed with my multiple pairs of good boots and shoes were two new pair of cheaper dress boots that I've been wearing to work for the last 4 months. So I pitched those in the trash even though they were in good shape, and I also pitched an old pair of running shoes that I occasionally wore around the house.

But let me tell you what DID hurt this morning...my biceps! Wow, my first thought upon waking was, son of a b!tch, those are sore. And then after walking around a little, I started feeling the DOMS in my legs from two days ago. So I'm going to pack in the protein and calories today.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I think these are what damaged my foot. they are too flat. they make for a decent cross trainer for a lot of people, going from box jumps, to ropes, to running to deadlifting, but for me they were too flat and i think jumping and running in them did the damage.

http://www.reebok.com/us/reebok-crossfit-speed-tr/V68471.html

when I went back to my under armors with a decent arch support, my foot pain subsided.

good news on the arm pump, lol. 13 sets should about do it!

Famine

Famine

Awards
I think these are what damaged my foot. they are too flat. they make for a decent cross trainer for a lot of people, going from box jumps, to ropes, to running to deadlifting, but for me they were too flat and i think jumping and running in them did the damage.

http://www.reebok.com/us/reebok-crossfit-speed-tr/V68471.html

when I went back to my under armors with a decent arch support, my foot pain subsided.

good news on the arm pump, lol. 13 sets should about do it!
I bought some powerlifting shoes a few months back. I was doing all my lifts barefoot. These shoes are super flat too, much like your cross trainers. But I don't jump around in mine at all. Mostly just wear them for squats, deads, and standing military press.

Famine

Famine

Awards
3/2/16
531 BB Routine

Weight: 232

I was tight and sore before this workout, but I attempted it anyway...

Warm Ups
Lots of shoulder stuff
Foam roller

Standing Military Press (cleaned)
5x95
5x115
3x135
3x165
3x185 feeling awkward
3x205 sloppy
The DOMS in my lower body from my workout 2 days ago, coupled with the weakness in my wrists from yesterday's curl session made this lift difficult and somewhat painful. I probably shouldn't even be working out today.

BB Upright Rows
10x45 could barely hold onto bar
10x65 better
10x95 better
10x115 ugh...not better
Awe, screw this. My whole body hurts.

[video=youtube;wUJccK4lV74]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUJccK4lV74[/video]

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Seems like we both had sh*tty workouts today, lol

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
OHPing 205 is beastly! I can see how the wrist pain would hold you back.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
+10 points for princess bride references, lol.

you Warthog faced buffoon.

Famine

Famine

Awards
3/4/16
531 BB Routine (abbreviated)

Weight: 235

Cable Crunches
3 sets of 15x80

Hypers
3 sets of 15xBW

Deads
5x185
5x215
3x255
3x295
3x335
1x375
I should have had 3 easily on that last set. But apparently I had too much C4 and coffee. I about shat myself.:11:

3/5/16
Auxiliary Make Up Day

Seated DB Press
4 sets of 55
I tried keeping the DB slightly behind the vertical of my ears because I have a tendency to bring things forward too much.

Bentover DB Raises
4 sets of 15x25

Chinups
8, 5, 5, 5 xBW
Damn, I need to drop 15 pounds of fat!

BB Curls
12x65
12x85
12x105
12x105

Different topic, I went for a follow-up appointment with my chiropractor for my plantar fasciitis. 90% of the pain was gone after my first appointment, but the last 10% is still hanging around in the morning. He said it's coming along nicely, but I have a small heal spur that will probably make my foot a chronic issue if I ignore it. So he gave me some foot exercises to do, and I put some supports in my power lifting shoes because those are pretty flat shoes. So I should be good to go soon. As soon as winter breaks, I need to get my arse running because my BF% is way too high. Actually, it's just on my gut...beer gut I suppose. I can see veins in my shoulders when I work out, but I have to suck in my gut to be able to see my junk...go figure.

Famine

Famine

Awards
3/6/16

Warm Up
15 minutes PT on foot

Cardio
11 miles LISS elliptical

Famine

Famine

Awards
3/7/16
531 BB Routine

Weight: 234

Warm Up
Shoulder rotations
Foam roller

Bench
5x135
5x155
3x185
3x215
3x245
0x285 WTF?
2x285 SOB
100x45 Penance
My bench should be higher, and it HAS been higher. But that's when I was using Dave Tate's recommended position. That produced some big numbers, but put way too much stress on my low back, so I had to stop. I'll start to bone up on my tricep work. I think that is a limiting factor right now too.

CGBP
10x135
10x155
10x185
10x205

DB Fly
10x25
10x35
10x45

Tricep Pushdowns
15x50
12x60
12x70
10x80
6x90
5x80
7x70
11x50

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
3/7/16

0x285 WTF?
2x285 SOB
100x45 Penance

Hahaha, you are exactly like me! LOL
If something isn't going as planed, punish it!
Hahaha, we are some sick mofo's, LOL!

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lol at "penance" for a failure! Chesticles are growing with that workout.

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
. I'll start to bone up on my tricep work. I think that is a limiting factor right now too.

That is what I am doing. Hopefully can keep me moving in right direction. 285x2 is still solid number.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
just grow bigger junk. lol.

if you're dealing with plantar issues like me now, make sure your running shoes are up to par when you start running again. that made 100% of the difference for me.

Famine

Famine

Awards
Well, it's been a pretty sad two days. One workout I couldn't finish, followed by a second attempt...that I couldn't finish.

3/9/16

Squats
5x135
5x185
3x225
3x265
3x305
I could barely move this weight, so I called it quits. If I was going to make an excuse, it would be that this was a late night workout after having less than 1000 calories. Rough day overall.

3/10/16

Cardio
2 miles elliptical

Hypertrophy Squats
10x135
10x155
10x185
10x205

Standing Calf
15x225
15x315
15x315
15x315

SLDL
10x135

...and I just lost all my mojo. I'm sure tomorrow will be better.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Don't let depression settle in, if tomorrow isn't going as planed, just pump it out with lower weights, until no limp moves anymore.

Famine

Famine

Awards
Lol at "penance" for a failure! Chesticles are growing with that workout.
They were a bit sore the following day.

. I'll start to bone up on my tricep work. I think that is a limiting factor right now too.

That is what I am doing. Hopefully can keep me moving in right direction. 285x2 is still solid number.
Pushing the triceps to new lengths is a balancing act with keeping my elbows in good shape for me.

just grow bigger junk. lol.

if you're dealing with plantar issues like me now, make sure your running shoes are up to par when you start running again. that made 100% of the difference for me.
I keep trying, but my junk growing vitamins don't seem to be working.

Don't let depression settle in, if tomorrow isn't going as planed, just pump it out with lower weights, until no limp moves anymore.
First leg day was physical, second was mental. Tomorrow is Friday...that usually brings positive mojo.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
maybe you and are both seasonal. last year in feb I had that adductor strain that I thought was a hernia... but then in july I finally PR'd deadlifts. then in Sept PR'd squats, and in Nov or so PR'd press. and honestly last jan-march I kinda thought I had hit my limits and that my body would never PR again. it just seems to be the season.

Famine

Famine

Awards
3/11/16
531 BB Routine

Warm Up
Figure 8 shoulder rotations
Broomstick rotations

5x95
5x115
4x135
5x175
3x195
2x215
I tried to keep it strict, but there was just a little bit of a push press going on in the last set.

Trap Bar Shrugs
10x225
10x275
10x315
12x365

45# Plate Shoulder Rotations
4 sets of 20 (10 left, 10 right)

Rear Delt Bands
4 sets of 15

BB Curls
12x65
12x95
12x95
12x95
12x95
My biceps were still hurting from last week's bicepathon.

Not bad for a 8pm workout on a Friday night.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1457796032.632688.jpg

Famine

Famine

Awards
3/12/16

Warm Up
2 miles elliptical
Foam roller

Deads
5x135
5x185
5x215
3x255
5x315
3x355
1x395
1x425
Okay, these are going in the right direction. I'm approaching the weight that started to give my low back (specifically SI L1) big issues a year or two ago. I'm 80 pounds from matching my old PR. I'm gonna keep sneaking up to it, but not too quickly.

Hypers
4 sets of 20xBW

Cable Crunches
15x80
15x80
15x90
15x90

Wrapped up with a some foot PT.

Famine

Famine

Awards
3/14/16
531 BB Routine

Weight: 233

Warm Up
Foam roller
Shoulder rotations

Bench
5x135
5x155
5x185
5x235
3x265
1x300
BOOM! "Don't call it a comeback. I've been here for years."

DB Press
3 sets of 12x85

Dips
4 sets of 10xBW

Flies
4 sets of 12x25
Mostly just for the stretch...damn near touched the ground each rep. Feels like I ripped my chest bone, lol.

Tricep Rope Pulldowns
15x50
12x60
12x70
10x80

That went sooooo much better than last week's chest day.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice bench! Dips after bench press are pumping the shyt out of the muscles, good workout!

Famine

Famine

Awards
Nice bench! Dips after bench press are pumping the shyt out of the muscles, good workout!
Thanks. Had some good mojo tonight. I was going to attempt 315, but I pulled a Costanza and peaced out while on top.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
300 Bench - a dream of mine! Awesome chesticle workout!

BeastFitness

BeastFitness

Banned
Awards
Solid bench dude! Is that a PR? What are your current goals? (New to your log!)

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Some nice numbers you are throwing up. Hopefully if you take it slow you can get to your PR in deads.

Famine

Famine

Awards
Solid bench dude! Is that a PR? What are your current goals? (New to your log!)
Welcome to the thread, Beast! I was hoping some people would pop in. No, that's not a PR, but it's the best I've done in the past year. Current goals? Stop aging and stop breaking myself all the time, lol. My immediate goal is to be ready for my annual 4-day "fishing trip" that's coming up in about a month...but we don't fish much. It more of a Blood, Sweat, and Beers...meets the Highland Games...meets Beerfest...meets the trailer park, lol. So I'm carrying around a 15 pound beer belly right now that I'm not cool with. As soon as I get back from this trip, I need to drop 15 pounds of fat. But until then, power lifting, auxiliary movements, a light sprinkling of cardio, and a crapton of beer is my regiment (but not immediately following lifting or course...wouldn't want to screw up the Krebs cycle, lol).

I dig it, nice press!
Thanks!

Some nice numbers you are throwing up. Hopefully if you take it slow you can get to your PR in deads.
I hope so, but the way things are going, I'll PR my other big lifts before I PR my deads.

Famine

Famine

Awards
3/16/16
531 BB Routine

Warm Up
1 mile elliptical
Foam roller
Air squats

Squats
5x155
5x185
3x225
5x275
3x315
1x365
1x400
BOOM! Again, not a PR, but best I've seen in the past year. And it was pretty solid too. I'm happy with that. I'll de-load next week instead of trying to push forward. I want to play it safe this time.

Leg Extensions
12x90
12x115
12x135
12x160
12x185

Leg Curls
12x50
12x60
12x70
12x80
7x90
That last set wasn't even a grinder. Rep #7 was semi easy, then on rep #8 my hammies just said FU, I'm done, lol.

Decline Situps
4 sets of 20

I skipped all direct calf work tonight. I'm trying to systematically figure out what causes undo strain on the arch of my foot so I can avoid future plantar fasciitis issues. The pain is pretty much all gone, but the morning after my last leg routine caused some pain to come back the following morning. So we'll see what happens tomorrow by skipping calves, specifically BB calf raises off of plates.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
the annual fishing trip training prep, awesome, lol.

nice squats too. glad things are looking up!

despite having pretty badass lifting shoes (those ristos) my plantar issue hurts more now days after squats than anything else. and I'm wearing really good running shoes now for runs I do at all, if a lofty but soft arch.

BeastFitness

BeastFitness

Banned
Awards
Welcome to the thread, Beast! I was hoping some people would pop in. No, that's not a PR, but it's the best I've done in the past year. Current goals? Stop aging and stop breaking myself all the time, lol. My immediate goal is to be ready for my annual 4-day "fishing trip" that's coming up in about a month...but we don't fish much. It more of a Blood, Sweat, and Beers...meets the Highland Games...meets Beerfest...meets the trailer park, lol. So I'm carrying around a 15 pound beer belly right now that I'm not cool with. As soon as I get back from this trip, I need to drop 15 pounds of fat. But until then, power lifting, auxiliary movements, a light sprinkling of cardio, and a crapton of beer is my regiment (but not immediately following lifting or course...wouldn't want to screw up the Krebs cycle, lol).
HAHA! Love it!

Famine

Famine

Awards
the annual fishing trip training prep, awesome, lol.

nice squats too. glad things are looking up!

despite having pretty badass lifting shoes (those ristos) my plantar issue hurts more now days after squats than anything else. and I'm wearing really good running shoes now for runs I do at all, if a lofty but soft arch.
shoe.PNG

I've been using these. Heal/plantar still hurt. Then I bought a $10 plantar fasciitis half insert, and it's a lot better. It has a squishy center where the heal spur is at.

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Numbers are looking super strong. How much were you shoes?

Famine

Famine

Awards
Numbers are looking super strong. How much were you shoes?
I think $90 is retail, $110 for black. But I think I got them on sale at Amazon for $80 (memory is foggy). At first I thought they were way to tight, and I was going to send them back. But after 5 or 6 wears, they stretched out just fine and fit perfectly.

Famine

Famine

Awards
3/18/16
De-load Routine

Weight: 233

3 sets of 5

BB Upright Rows
4 sets of 10

More Military Press
4 sets of 12

Rear Delt Bands
4 sets of 15

BB Curls
4 sets of 12

I'm sticking with the plan of de-loaded this week. Auxiliary work was all middle of the road weight.

Famine

Famine

Awards
3/21/16
De-load

De-load Deads
5x135
5x185
5x225
5x275

Chinups
8, 6, 5, 5

DB Rows
4 sets of 15x65

Hypers
4 sets of 20xBW

Cable Crunches
4 sets of 15x80

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Hate de-load weeks but come to finally realize the importance of them.

Famine

Famine

Awards
3/22/16
De-load Day #3

Weight: 230

Bench
5x135
5x155
5x185

CGBP
3 sets of 12x155

French Press
3 sets of 12x70

Tricep Pushdowns
4 sets of 12x70

Decline Situps
3 sets of 20

Famine

Famine

Awards
Well f*ck my ass...I got a hernia.

Two night ago, I was getting ready to lift. I was sitting on the floor putting on my shoes. I jumped up in some awkward fashion, coughed at the same time, and BAM, I had a ridiculous pain 3" to the right of my belly button. I put my hand on the spot and felt a golf ball size mass of intestines trying to bust out of my gut like Aliens. I put both hands on the spot on pushed hard. After about 5 minutes of fighting it, the mass finally got smaller and smaller and finally went back inside. I laid on the floor for the next 30 minutes. I called my doctor the next day to see if I should come in. I told him that the bulge was gone, it didn't hurt too much anymore, and I had no symptoms of intestinal twisting (nausea, diarrhea, bloating). He said I didn't need to come in because there are only two options for a hernia: 1) do nothing or 2) surgery; and they don't like to do surgery unless it happens multiple times.

So here I am, a mere 2-3 weeks from potentially breaking all 4 of my big lift PRs that I set 2 years ago, and I'm f*cking incapacitated. This sucks. I have yet to find any specific information on healing time, so I'm not sure how long to take it easy. And I'm not sure how to avoid it in the future since it happened from a damn cough, and not from a 400 pound squat.

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Wow, that really sucks big time. Hopefully you can heal up really quick and not miss to much time.