Legalize Mary Jane!

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
In a country where coffee has to have a warning label on it to let you know that hot coffee is hot..........
Are you talking about the McDonald's lady? She get's a raw deal. The **** that they sell as coffee in McD's had to be heated up to a very high heat to resemble java. The heat of the liquid was higher than what the styrofoam cup was rated for. It melted on her and seriously burned her. I would've sued too!

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
The tobacco industry wouldn't take over the hemp industry, if marijuana were to become legalized. Legalization would kill the tobacco industry and put all companies out of business.
I didn't say "tobacco companies." Cigarette companies absolutely would. They already have the machinery in place to make pre-rolled "cigarettes." And traditional cigarettes wouldn't even experience a slight dip in sales. All cigarette smokers will not automatically start getting stoned. Also, when I smoked ciggies, I actually smoked more when I got stoned.

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I didn't say "tobacco companies." Cigarette companies absolutely would. They already have the machinery in place to make pre-rolled "cigarettes." And traditional cigarettes wouldn't even experience a slight dip in sales. All cigarette smokers will not automatically start getting stoned. Also, when I smoked ciggies, I actually smoked more when I got stoned.
People have addictive personalities.

Marijuana isn't addictive.

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
Marijuana isn't addictive.
Untrue. Perhaps not physically addictive. And that's the point I was trying to make earlier. If these companies start to produce them, they will, no doubt, add chemicals to make it so.

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Untrue. Perhaps not physically addictive. And that's the point I was trying to make earlier. If these companies start to produce them, they will, no doubt, add chemicals to make it so.
People could become mentally addicted, but that goes back to psychology and having addictive personalities.

I doubt the marijuana would get in the hands of cigarette companies. The government would most likely start off as being very strict about the sale and possesion of marijuana. Without a doubt, I do believe most cigarette smokers would stop smoking cigs and start smoking marijuana. It's definitely much more healthier than cigarettes. I like the pre-rolled idea, but if I had to, then I'd buy a pack of marijuana cigarettes, scrape out the contaminated marijuana, put my own inside the paper, and smoke it. Or, I could just buy my own cigarette rolling machine and use my own marijuana. Problem solved. So long as it's legal, I can roll my own without having to worry about my marijuana having addictive, fatal chemicals added to it, and without being busted.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Um ... no?

Don't get me wrong, I have enjoyed Mary in the past. I also still listen to the occasional reggae CD.

But productivity in this country would go wayyy down, while cheetos sales skyrocket ...

... Actually, if they legalize pot, you'll know what to invest in ...

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Um ... no?

Don't get me wrong, I have enjoyed Mary in the past. I also still listen to the occasional reggae CD.

But productivity in this country would go wayyy down, while cheetos sales skyrocket ...

Hasty generalization....maybe?

AM07

Awards
  • Established
**** cigs, the couple times I smoked jacks, I got so dizzy and was close to puking. They put some nasty ass **** in cigarettes.

I wouldn't like to see marijuana completely legalized because then the major corporations would definitely take over the business of it, and I believe they would start adding all kinds of **** to it to make it addicting. Then people get addicted to it, thinking it's the pot, when in fact it's the other bull**** they put in there.

But I do support the decriminalization, like what they're doing in killa Cali.

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
**** cigs, the couple times I smoked jacks, I got so dizzy and was close to puking. They put some nasty ass **** in cigarettes.

I wouldn't like to see marijuana completely legalized because then the major corporations would definitely take over the business of it, and I believe they would start adding all kinds of **** to it to make it addicting. Then people get addicted to it, thinking it's the pot, when in fact it's the other bull**** they put in there.

But I do support the decriminalization, like what they're doing in killa Cali.
I live in upstate NY. Marijuana laws aren't all that harsh, but different factors are taken into consideration.

1st time caught: Fair warning, and your marijuana and/or paraphenelia gets seized.

2nd time caught: Stricter warning, followed by a fine of about $250.

3rd time caught: A fine and 15 days in jail.

The above consequences only apply if you're caught with more than a few bowls worth. I remember the number '25' being in the exact weight measurement.

Living so close to the border (half hour away to be exact, and 5 hours from NYC), marijuana is very popular in my area. A lot of people grow it, sell it, smoke it, etc.

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
Now it all makes sense! You live in Super Trooper territory.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

For some, yes...while others would be able to take advantage of MORE opportunities by NOT being stoned.

It's all about choice.

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Now it all makes sense! You live in Super Trooper territory.
Don't poke fun of a terrific movie! :rasp:

It's solely based on the Vermont State Police, about how they slack off, goof around, etc. But it also pokes fun of how a$$hole-ish the New York State Police are. The NYSP, even our city police, constantly fight over jurisdiction. They all hate each other. It's pretty funny actually. They're pricks to pretty much everybody, but especially if you're from out of town, or from Canada.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Hasty generalization....maybe?
It's common knowledge, even among smokers, that it makes you a lazy bastard. Sure, maybe at first it gives you a rush, or if you do it inconsistently. But the problem is that it's addictive, so once your smoking daily it DEFINATELY interferes with your life.

Not to mention the grade of hydro that is out now, gets you so stoned you have trouble following along even a simple plot of a cartoon.

I can say that with 100% confidence because I was there at one point in my life. I feel it held me back alot, and I know alot of people who are in the same boat.

If you can make it work for you, more power to you. But for me at least, it was not productive. The thing with generalizations is, most of the time they have some truth in them.

I've had many years to think about this. It was not a hasty generalization, but a long and trying realization that brought me to the bottom of the barrell.

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
It's common knowledge, even among smokers, that it makes you a lazy bastard. Sure, maybe at first it gives you a rush, or if you do it inconsistently. But the problem is that it's addictive, so once your smoking daily it DEFINATELY interferes with your life.

Not to mention the grade of hydro that is out now, gets you so stoned you have trouble following along even a simple plot of a cartoon.

I can say that with 100% confidence because I was there at one point in my life. I feel it held me back alot, and I know alot of people who are in the same boat.

If you can make it work for you, more power to you. But for me at least, it was not productive. The thing with generalizations is, most of the time they have some truth in them.

I've had many years to think about this. It was not a hasty generalization, but a long and trying realization that brought me to the bottom of the barrell.
The 'addictiveness' is all mental. Some people just choose to smoke pot, knowing that it makes you giggly, hungry, lazy, etc. They apparently don't have many concerns for their plans throughout the day if they're choosing to sit down and smoke a bowl, blunt, what have you.

I'll be breaking out my book later on. In case you didn't catch one of my posts earlier on in the thread, I have a book that was written by doctors, scientists, and psychologists. It debunks the many myths about marijuana. I'll cite some from it later. It's actually pretty interesting, high or not.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
The 'addictiveness' is all mental. Some people just choose to smoke pot, knowing that it makes you giggly, hungry, lazy, etc. They apparently don't have many concerns for their plans throughout the day if they're choosing to sit down and smoke a bowl, blunt, what have you.

I'll be breaking out my book later on. In case you didn't catch one of my posts earlier on in the thread, I have a book that was written by doctors, scientists, and psychologists. It debunks the many myths about marijuana. I'll cite some from it later. It's actually pretty interesting, high or not.
Yup, it's not physically addicting. But did you know that cocaine is not physically addictive either? Just because it's "all mental" doesn't mean it's not damaging.

That whole "physical vs. mental" addictive thing is a little wacky anyways. Your mind isn't seperate from your body.

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yup, it's not physically addicting. But did you know that cocaine is not physically addictive either? Just because it's "all mental" doesn't mean it's not damaging.

That whole "physical vs. mental" addictive thing is a little wacky anyways. Your mind isn't seperate from your body.
Your mind and body work together, but your mind and nervous system tell your body what to do.

Marijuana is hardly physically harmful. I'm not even gonna start discussing cocaine. I've seen a very close friend of mine, of 3 1/2 years, completely change himself due to excessive crack-cocaine use. I worry and it pisses me off, but he doesn't care. He's only 18. Just turned 18 in January. He'll do absolutely anything to fit in with a group of people. He always used to look up to me, but he's chosen to get involved with a very bad group of kids. I've tried talking to him about it, but my words seem to go in one ear and out the other.

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
What is "the mind?" And while I loves me some MJ don't tell me that it's not harmful. Inhaling carbon monoxide is not harmless.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Inhaling carbon monoxide is not harmless.
You should try ingesting DiHydrogen Monoxide...talk about addictive. I can't live without it.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
You should try ingesting DiHydrogen Monoxide...talk about addictive. I can't live without it.
:goodpost: :toofunny:

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
They put that stuff in our babies' food!!! There's a Penn & Teller show called BULLSH!T where they debunk all this stuff and they got all these hippies to sign a petition to remove DiHydrogen Monoxide from our babies food and from our oceans. It was hilarious! The point they were trying to make was that people are "joiners" and will co-sign to all sorts of nonsense just to be part of a group. I also loved the myriad pictures of "anti_globalization" douches using cell phones. Priceless.

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
What is "the mind?" And while I loves me some MJ don't tell me that it's not harmful. Inhaling carbon monoxide is not harmless.
People will say anything to defense their stand on certain issues. Of course it's harmful, but not nearly as harmful as other things you would smoke, snort, inject, whichever.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
People will say anything to defense their stand on certain issues. Of course it's harmful, but not nearly as harmful as other things you would smoke, snort, inject, whichever.
Or nearly as harmful as a government trying to tell you how to live your life and what you can put into your body.

bv

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Careful, I hear that stuff can become hydrohydroxic acid quite easily.

AM07

Awards
  • Established
Too much of ANYTHING is harmful, whether it's red meat, fruits, alcohol, sex, television, steroids, eggs, etc.

The government doesn't have a right to tell us what to put into our own bodies, and what we can do to our own bodies.

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
We need a revolution.
That we do.

I must admit the whole "not addictive" thing is a bunch of BS. Whether it be addictive physically or mentally point is, is that it's addictive. If something produces a highly desirable state of mind or body is something that s goign to be addictive.

Is testosterone addictive? Are ph's addictive? Seem's alot of people are very much addicted to the results they bring.

Either way just because something is addictive still doesn't mean I need some government agency to dictate to me what is good or not. How about you educate me on what it does and how it will affect me and then allow me to make my own decisions!

Let's be honest, the government doesn't really stop any of us doing anything we really want, they just hinder and make it difficult for us and punish us if we disobey them.....f*ck them.

The system sucks...welcome to the Matrix.

AM07

Awards
  • Established
Addiction is an individual characteristic. It's not like everyone that smokes pot is going to become addicted. The majority of people that use ANY illicit drug don't become addicted.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
:bb2:
I don't think this current generation has the stomach for a revolution.

And I don't think it is by accident.
+1, the Pussification of America is nearly complete.

I must admit the whole "not addictive" thing is a bunch of BS. Whether it be addictive physically or mentally point is, is that it's addictive. If something produces a highly desirable state of mind or body is something that s goign to be addictive.
For drugs that arent biologically addicitive, like Marijuana, Testosterone, World of Warcraft, Abusive Girlfriends, and driving like an *******, it's all about self discipline and respect for yourself and those around you.

Again, a byproduct of a nation with no self control, accountability, or self respect, that's addicted to magic pills and instant gratification.

BV

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
A/A S are indeed addictive. You are aware that some people have food and sex addictions? Whether mental or physical, addiction is addiction is addiction. To say otherwise is ignorant and misinformed. More than a couple of you guys are mistaking opinion and feelings for fact. Also, Americans aren't the only people who get addicted to things nor are we the only ones who've become fat and complacent. Where do you all come up with this stuff?

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm glad that neoborn, AM07, and Big Vrunga can try and see this issue eye-to-eye with me.

I don't go by popular belief, or what people think they think is right. I go by facts.

I really should break out that book of mine. That'll put a lot of minds at ease in this thread.

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
I go by facts...
Really? There is no evidence of this in this thread. Just a lot of opinions, guesses, stabs in the dark and straight falsehoods. The whole thing is moot anyhow but the brotelligence (whatever happened to Strateg0s?)is flying fast and furious in this thread.

Dr Packenwood

Dr Packenwood

Awards
  • Established
Addiction is an individual characteristic. It's not like everyone that smokes pot is going to become addicted. The majority of people that use ANY illicit drug don't become addicted.
I agree. You see some people that can handle drinking a beer. Some can handle going out to a club and getting **** faced. Others can't handle any of it.

When I was 22 I couldn't drink a beer. It had to be "drink until I was passed out". Now I can drink a beer and still be able to think about something else besides the next beer. I might drink a total of 10 beers a year, maybe.

The hard part about it being a characteristic is you don't want a few to ruin it for everyone, but there is a responsibility there that the individual isn't taking. Do you step in and tell him he can't handle it, and therefore is no longer allowed to do it?

Theres always been that double edged sword with me and this issue. I can always find a pro and a con and the argument nearly always balances out when I remove personal views.

Dr Packenwood

Dr Packenwood

Awards
  • Established
For some, yes...while others would be able to take advantage of MORE opportunities by NOT being stoned.

It's all about choice.
I've never thought about it that way before.:blink:

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Really? There is no evidence of this in this thread. Just a lot of opinions, guesses, stabs in the dark and straight falsehoods. The whole thing is moot anyhow but the brotelligence (whatever happened to Strateg0s?)is flying fast and furious in this thread.
I should be breaking out my book sometime tomorrow. There will be no arguing against the facts determined by doctors, scientists, and psychologists. I'm sure that you will learn several things that you didn't know before. Hell, I've smoked marijuana plenty of times and plan on smoking it many more, and I even learned a lot of things that I didn't know.

It seems not many people have much factorial information to back up their claims, you included.

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
Wow! I don't even know how to respond to that. No, seriously. It makes no sense. :blink:

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Wow! I don't even know how to respond to that. No, seriously. It makes no sense. :blink:
Just refer to your response to my "I go by facts" statement.

The book's coming out tomorrow, so a lot of minds will be put at ease. No worries.

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
what is the name of this highly elite and enlightening book? :thumbsup:

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
A/A S are indeed addictive. You are aware that some people have food and sex addictions? Whether mental or physical, addiction is addiction is addiction. To say otherwise is ignorant and misinformed. More than a couple of you guys are mistaking opinion and feelings for fact. Also, Americans aren't the only people who get addicted to things nor are we the only ones who've become fat and complacent. Where do you all come up with this stuff?
Are you saying that once someone is addicted, they are completely lost and are incapable of breaking that addiction? I wasn't saying that steroids/drugs/whatever arent addictive, but that not falling into the trap of addiction, or breaking that addiction, as to do with personal responsibility and finding strength within yourself to overcome.

For too many-not just Americans-, a drug, or food, etc is an excuse not to do the work it takes to improve themselves.

A mental addiciton may be very real, but so is the lack of will power and strength that it takes to break it.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I think you guys are throwing around the term "addictive" a little too freely. The strongest term I would use for pot, or even steroid use for that matter, is "habit forming"...ie you like it so you use it often.

Addictive implies something like the rats on crack studies where they'll keep hitting the reward button instead of the food button until they die. Generally, people aren't harming themselves irrevocably with pot or AAS..or at least not in ways that are immediately discernable. If and when most pot or AAS users discover they are harming themselves badly in some way..they quit using. An addicted cigartte smoker often won't, an addicted crack user won't or can't et cetera.

I smoked pot for 9 years straight and never reached a point where
"I couldn't get through the day without it"...THAT's addiction.

AM07

Awards
  • Established
I thought that was an educational film......from like the 50's.
Nope, it was a propaganda piece from the 1920s talking about the harmful effects of marijuana.

The movie claimed that when a black man is under the influence of marijuana, he will go on a rampage raping and killing white women :wtf:

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
I think you guys are throwing around the term "addictive" a little too freely. The strongest term I would use for pot, or even steroid use for that matter, is "habit forming"...ie you like it so you use it often.
Coincidentally, I was just flipping the channels and came across a show where these celebrities are going through rehab and the Dr. specifically mentioned androgenic/anabolic steroids and marijuana as being addictive. I believe it was Dr. Drew Pinsky.

People often self-medicate whether it's for pain or depression or bi-polarism, etc. Next thing you know, you're a full-blown zombie. It's not always a matter of them having no self-control or whatever. There are real underlying medical conditions. Life is not often black and white or as simple as some of you have made it seem. If that's your deal, good on you but there is a whole world out there where it's just not so.

AM07

Awards
  • Established
Coincidentally, I was just flipping the channels and came across a show where these celebrities are going through rehab and the Dr. specifically mentioned androgenic/anabolic steroids and marijuana as being addictive. I believe it was Dr. Drew Pinsky.

People often self-medicate whether it's for pain or depression or bi-polarism, etc. Next thing you know, you're a full-blown zombie. It's not always a matter of them having no self-control or whatever. There are real underlying medical conditions. Life is not often black and white or as simple as some of you have made it seem. If that's your deal, good on you but there is a whole world out there where it's just not so.
lol, you're talking about a show on VH1 that is in place for ENTERTAINMENT.

AAS and marijuana aren't physically addicting, but can definitely be psychologically addicting to a person with weak self-control.

I believe if anyone becomes addicted to anything and can't go without it, they are weak.

IvyLeaguePump

IvyLeaguePump

Awards
How does smoking pot affect working out, suppliments, etc?

My background is not in nutrition or health, so I have no idea about most of this kind of stuff (i guess thats why Im here!)

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
It will definitely help w/your appetite! As far as contra-indications w/other supps, I couldn't say w/any certainty. I definitely wouldn't recommend you smoking BEFORE lifting. Oh and welcome!

IvyLeaguePump

IvyLeaguePump

Awards
It will definitely help w/your appetite! As far as contra-indications w/other supps, I couldn't say w/any certainty. I definitely wouldn't recommend you smoking BEFORE lifting. Oh and welcome!
Thanks! I'm sure I can learn a lot from you guys... there is definately a learning curve with regard to all the acronymes used for supplements here.