Left shoulder pops out during bench

FromAus

Awards
When I do flat or decline dumbbell and barbell bench press my shoulder pops out if my arms go less than 45 degrees ( my arms make a right angle/ L shape)

It pops in and out of the join, to the extent that you can feel the bench move, just wondering if any one else has that problem and possibly a way to combat it??

NYiron

NYiron

Awards
  • Established
Does the gh actually sublux, or is it just a popping feeling? I'm assuming its a subluxation. If it truly "pops out," dislocates, you probably would not be posting about it because you would have seen a doctor. If it is subluxing you potentially have some supporting structure issues going on that will warrant a doctors visit. Considering you've posted here instead of seeking medical advise I think I can safely assume that you either can't go or don't want to. With that said I will still say see a doctor but in the mean time either learn to bench with an arch as to keep the ROM within your comfort or...

http://www.flexcart.com/members/elitefts/default.asp?m=PD&pid=5804

KimChee

KimChee

Awards
Even if it's not popping out all the way, the head of the humerus is rubbing up against the labrum. You're just asking for a labral tear. You should go see a doc before it gets any worse. At any rate that movement is not good for the cartilage in the shoulder joint.