Latest USPlabs press release on DMAA

Est1969

Est1969

Awards
  • Established
I saw this on The Wall Street Journal today...

DALLAS, Feb. 24, 2012 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ -- 10-week Study Confirms Prior Research on DMAA Safety

USPlabs, maker of the popular Jack3d(TM) and OxyElite Pro® nutritional supplements, today announced the release of a new study published by the Journal of Nutrition and Metabolic Insights about the safety of USPlabs Jack3d(TM) when used as directed over a 10-week period.

The study evaluated 25 healthy men, who, over the course of 10 weeks consumed either a placebo or a dietary supplement containing caffeine, 1,3-dimethylamylamine and other dietary ingredients on days they performed regular physical exercise. The results of the study found that USPlabs Jack3d(TM) did not result in a statistically significant change in resting heart rate, blood pressure or any indicators of liver and kidney function. The supplement was also well-tolerated with no reports of any adverse effects.

The findings of today's study are consistent with previous 2-week and 8-week studies which found no significant increase in blood pressure or liver and kidney function following chronic use of DMAA & DMAA-containing supplements.

The study on the safety of USPlabs Jack3d(TM) is available online.

USPlabs Jack3d(TM) and OxyElite Pro® are among the most studied finished dietary supplements ever sold. This most recent study is the 7th peer-reviewed, published clinical trial supporting the safe use of DMAA when used as directed, in addition to an industry estimated over one billion servings consumed by satisfied customers. More specifically, Jack3d(TM) & OxyElite Pro® have 5 clinical trials that show they are safe when used as directed.

SOURCE USPlabs

Copyright (C) 2012 PR Newswire. All rights reserved

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

DALLAS, Feb. 24, 2012 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ -- 10-week Study Confirms Prior Research on DMAA Safety

USPlabs, maker of the popular Jack3d(TM) and OxyElite Pro® nutritional supplements, today announced the release of a new study published by the Journal of Nutrition and Metabolic Insights about the safety of USPlabs Jack3d(TM) when used as directed over a 10-week period.

The study evaluated 25 healthy men, who, over the course of 10 weeks consumed either a placebo or a dietary supplement containing caffeine, 1,3-dimethylamylamine and other dietary ingredients on days they performed regular physical exercise. The results of the study found that USPlabs Jack3d(TM) did not result in a statistically significant change in resting heart rate, blood pressure or any indicators of liver and kidney function. The supplement was also well-tolerated with no reports of any adverse effects.

The findings of today's study are consistent with previous 2-week and 8-week studies which found no significant increase in blood pressure or liver and kidney function following chronic use of DMAA & DMAA-containing supplements.

USPlabs Jack3d(TM) and OxyElite Pro® are among the most studied finished dietary supplements ever sold. This most recent study is the 7th peer-reviewed, published clinical trial supporting the safe use of DMAA when used as directed, in addition to an industry estimated over one billion servings consumed by satisfied customers. More specifically, Jack3d(TM) & OxyElite Pro® have 5 clinical trials that show they are safe when used as directed.

SOURCE USPlabs

How many days did they actually work out - IOW how many doses were taken on those days and how many days did they actually work out and dose it during those 10 weeks? Very ambiguous statement.

I know from persoanl experience that used as directed on the label, consumed daily, for multiple weeks will indeed, for me, increase RHR and BP very significantly. These effects are cummulative and very real. It persoanlly increased my RHR by 30% or more and elevated my BP by 25%

Quantify "chronic use".

I have since discontinued using all DMAA & DMAA-containing supplements for several weeks now and my RHR and BP have returned to normal.

Questions related to this article that I would like to see answered are:

How many doses were actually consumed during the 10 weeks study?
Quantify what chronic?

Est1969

Est1969

Awards
  • Established
David,

The WSJ article has a link to the actual study. Due to board rules I am not allowed to post a link, sorry. Hopefully a google search will point you in the right direction.

Regards,

th3futur3

Awards
  • Established

SOURCE USPlabs

Companies can try to fight it but they will just ban it anyway. Dreamers can dream but the fda craps on dreamers.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Companies can try to fight it but they will just ban it anyway. Dreamers can dream but the fda craps on dreamers.
The banning will likely be due to lack of DSHEA compliance (no naturally-occurring source) as opposed to effects on people.

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
*** was sued over DMAA as well, so there will be a fight in courts over it. I agree the ban could be over it not being DSHEA compliant, although I disagree with the interpetation of the law. Congress also seem to be annoyed with the FDA, so hopefully they will pass new bill to clarify it.

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The banning will likely be due to lack of DSHEA compliance (no naturally-occurring source) as opposed to effects on people.
Whats funny about this is the same company that came out and said DMAA might not be found in geranium came back later and said whoops we messed up, we have been notified of new data that shows it is. But no one on the forums wants to talk about that...

Gotta love how there is lawsuits over such a heavily studied stimulant, with a great safety profile. Its safety is comparable to caffeine (at respective common doses)...whats next...no more caffeine?

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How many days did they actually work out - IOW how many doses were taken on those days and how many days did they actually work out and dose it during those 10 weeks? Very ambiguous statement.

I know from persoanl experience that used as directed on the label, consumed daily, for multiple weeks will indeed, for me, increase RHR and BP very significantly. These effects are cummulative and very real. It persoanlly increased my RHR by 30% or more and elevated my BP by 25%

Quantify "chronic use".

I have since discontinued using all DMAA & DMAA-containing supplements for several weeks now and my RHR and BP have returned to normal.

Questions related to this article that I would like to see answered are:

How many doses were actually consumed during the 10 weeks study?
Quantify what chronic?
Full study can be found online with the other 6 University studies on DMAA...

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

SOURCE USPlabs

the first person to PM the Wall street journal link to this article. I'll trade them the link for any USPlabs product

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
*** was sued over DMAA as well, so there will be a fight in courts over it. I agree the ban could be over it not being DSHEA compliant, although I disagree with the interpetation of the law. Congress also seem to be annoyed with the FDA, so hopefully they will pass new bill to clarify it.
Californina lawyers don't want to fight in court. They don't care about the consumer. They want a quick settlement.

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The Irony is that the industry (competitors) has knocked on the FDA's door B i t ching about DMAA. The industry is shining a light on themselves. We cry about "regulation" but the stupidity of the industry speaking without FACTS and people believing blindly and repeating falsehoods without asking for the facts will lead to regulation.

If we don't take into consideration the BIGGER picture...DMAA first, your next favorite stimulant second....

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
this is the response I got from my senator. Looks like their beef is with the claims being made,

Dear Friend:
Thank you for contacting me regarding the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations on healthy foods and dietary supplements. I welcome your thoughts and comments.

Currently, FDA stipulations do not allow products to contain references to scientific studies by dietary supplement manufacturers or health food producers about the health benefits of the products (such as information on cherries, walnuts, or even green tea). If these regulations are not followed, the FDA can label the specific supplements or foods as unapproved drugs.

I remain committed to ensuring that our nation's food does not pose a danger to anyone. As the Senate continues to work on new food safety legislation, I support the ability of Texans to make their own knowledgeable decisions regarding health-related products. A healthy diet is essential to our well-being.

Please know that I will keep your thoughts regarding FDA regulations on healthy food and dietary supplements in mind. I appreciate hearing from you, and I hope that you will not hesitate to contact me on any issue that is important to you.

Sincerely,
Kay Bailey Hutchison
United States Senator

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I'm not a fan of 1,3.

The reason why I am not is because I can feel myself "coming down" from it... :(

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Don't be silly....
I'm not going to start an anti-DMAA war on a public forum. The fact of the matter is that I love DMAA in responsible doses and do not want it pulled from the market. Unfortunately, there are two main reasons why its removal may occur, and that's beyond my control, so there's not a chance I'm going to fuel that movement.

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm not going to start an anti-DMAA war on a public forum. The fact of the matter is that I love DMAA in responsible doses and do not want it pulled from the market. Unfortunately, there are two main reasons why its removal may occur, and that's beyond my control, so there's not a chance I'm going to fuel that movement.
I deleted by response for the simple reason that it's people like yourself that write public statements then refuse to post facts in support. Entering into a dialogue is useless.

Prove two facts and I will go quiet...
1. research that DMAA is unsafe
2. proof to disprove the ping study

If you can't, you are just gossiping.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I can't say if it's safe or not, not a major concern of mine.
I like USPLabs products, just 1,3 is used in more than just their products and like I said I get a high/crash from it.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I deleted by response for the simple reason that it's people like yourself that write public statements then refuse to post facts in support. Entering into a dialogue is useless.

Prove two facts and I will go quiet...
1. research that DMAA is unsafe
2. proof to disprove the ping study

If you can't, you are just gossiping.
You're right.

Last edited:
AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You really like trouble don't you? We got in a similar discussion earlier when I clearly couldn't publicly state things your company has done due to the possibility of a lawsuit. And here we are again...1,3D is not unsafe and there is no published research on recent geranium tests. However, I'm not speaking out of my ass (or "gossiping"); I don't know if it is found in Geranium, but I do know that some tests have shown otherwise. Notice that I said it will likely be pulled due to DSHEA compliance before it is for lack of safety, the latter of which I do not believe is an issue.

A dialogue is indeed useless in this case and others, but if you'd like to get back to your earlier inquiry on N-Coumaryldopamine I'd be happy to oblige ;).

"some tests" isn't anything of real substance.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
"some tests" isn't anything of real substance.
I don't disagree that concrete evidence is needed. Anyway, I deleted that post for a reason. I understand you have a job to do here and you are clearly dedicated to it, so I wish you the best with your efforts.