Latest Blood Results - Thyroid Suspect

Philec48

Awards
  • Established
Three times when tested over the last several months my DHEA-S has been high.

My cortisol number, although a little high here, may be explained by the fact I had just gotten off work, was tired, and had driven to the doc’s office. I probably need to do the 4-part saliva test or 24 hour urinary free cortisol level. I suspect that due to often being fatigued, that I may be in the beginning stage of adrenal burnout.

I thought about getting Adrenal Rebuilder to support my adrenals, but it has 25mg pregnenolone, and am concerned that it might cause progesterone to go even higher.

Although Thyroid numbers are all in range, when taken as a whole, it looks like mild hypothyroidism, especially when seen in the light of my symptoms, and RT3 being in upper part of range.

Maybe a little sea salt everyday would be a good idea to support my thyroid? Or would potassium iodide be better?

Sea salt may help my chloride level, as it is a little low. Am taking a couple of betaine hcl now with each meal to help digestion, so this may help chloride level also.

Zinc is puzzlingly low. About 4 weeks prior to this blood draw I had been taking 30mg zinc gluconate per day, and sometimes taking an extra one at night. Before that I was on 50mg zinc oxide per day for at least a couple months. I’ve just now started on 30mg zinc methionine per day. Should I up that to 60mg per day every day? I’m also taking a copper supplement with zinc. May reduce the copper to eod.

Have started TRT injectable again with doc's prescription. Will use 50mg per week based on last treatment by endo. This may help relieve adrenal's if they are pumping out extra dhea to compensate for low T, but I don't know.

TSH 2.67 (.450 – 4.5)
T4 Total 6.8 (4.5 – 12)
T3 Total 100 (85 – 205)
T4 Free 1.12 (.61 – 1.76)
T3 Free 2.6 (2.3 – 4.2)
TPO Antibodies 5 (0-34)
Reverse T3 277 (90-350)

Cortisol 20.6 (3.1 – 16.7) Blood drawn at 4:00pm
DHEA-S 596 (95 – 530)

Testosterone Total 323
Progesterone 2.0 (.3 – 1.2)
Estradiol 35 (0-53)
Prolactin 7.1 (2.1 – 17.7)

Homocysteine 6.8 (0 – 15)
Lp-PLA2 184 (131 – 199)
C-RP .43 (0 – 3.0)

Hemoglobin 15.5 (12.5 – 17)
Hematocrit 45.7 (36 – 50)
Transferrin 309 (200 – 370)

Iron Bind.Cap. 344 (250 – 450)
UIBC (247 (150 – 375)
Iron /Serum 97 (40 – 155)
Iron/Sat 28 (15 – 55)

Zinc 72 (70 – 150)
Chloride 97 (98-110)

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established

My cortisol number, although a little high here, may be explained by the fact I had just gotten off work, was tired, and had driven to the doc’s office. I probably need to do the 4-part saliva test or 24 hour urinary free cortisol level. I suspect that due to often being fatigued, that I may be in the beginning stage of adrenal burnout.

I thought about getting Adrenal Rebuilder to support my adrenals, but it has 25mg pregnenolone, and am concerned that it might cause progesterone to go even higher.

Although Thyroid numbers are all in range, when taken as a whole, it looks like mild hypothyroidism, especially when seen in the light of my symptoms, and RT3 being in upper part of range.

Maybe a little sea salt everyday would be a good idea to support my thyroid? Or would potassium iodide be better?

Sea salt may help my chloride level, as it is a little low. Am taking a couple of betaine hcl now with each meal to help digestion, so this may help chloride level also.

Zinc is puzzlingly low. About 4 weeks prior to this blood draw I had been taking 30mg zinc gluconate per day, and sometimes taking an extra one at night. Before that I was on 50mg zinc oxide per day for at least a couple months. I’ve just now started on 30mg zinc methionine per day. Should I up that to 60mg per day every day? I’m also taking a copper supplement with zinc. May reduce the copper to eod.

Have started TRT injectable again with doc's prescription. Will use 50mg per week based on last treatment by endo. This may help relieve adrenal's if they are pumping out extra dhea to compensate for low T, but I don't know.

TSH 2.67 (.450 – 4.5)
T4 Total 6.8 (4.5 – 12)
T3 Total 100 (85 – 205)
T3 Free 2.6 (2.3 – 4.2)
TPO Antibodies 5 (0-34)
Reverse T3 277 (90-350)

DHEA-S 596 (95 – 530)

Testosterone Total 323
Estradiol 35 (0-53)

Lp-PLA2 184 (131 – 199)
C-RP .43 (0 – 3.0)

UIBC (247 (150 – 375)
Iron/Sat 28 (15 – 55)

Zinc 72 (70 – 150)
Chloride 97 (98-110)
Well there we go we found it thyroid imbalances due to cortisol imbalance
50 mgs Zinc picolate is the best zinc and zinc will not uptake untill your thyroid levels are optimal. Givning proper zinc and selenium and potentially iodine will help resolve thyroid issue. Adrenal rebuilder is not needed. Please have a cortisol saliva test at reasonable price PM me.

Philec48

Awards
  • Established
Going to Quest tomorrow morning to have an ACTH Stimulation test done. Never had one before. Hopefully that will better access adrenal function. Will post the results.

Taking extra zinc and have added selenium. Also bought some iodized salt. For the last few days I've stopped the Siberian ginseng so as not to skew the upcoming test.

Lately it seems to take longer to recover from my mild to moderate workouts, and is more difficult to gain strength. Suspect my testosterone may be getting low again. On T-cyp but maybe I'm not taking enough. Injecting around 50-60mg per week. Total T was 323 about 3 weeks ago before starting TRT again.

Philec48

Awards
  • Established
In a few days I should have the results of the ACTH Stim test.

In the last couple of days I have learned something interesting about my health. On my last blood test my chloride level was just below the normal range, and I just learned via some research that that might mean I'm in a state of alkalosis. I read that one test is how many breaths you take per minute. Supposedly normal is 16. Mine is 11 to 12. Not very low, but still low. My body is trying to retain CO2 in order to correct its ph. I did yet a third test to verify it. My urine ph is 7.5. Not excessively so, but still alkaline.

I've read that a state of alkalosis can interfere with nutrient absorption. This might explain why my zinc is low even though I take a bunch of it in various forms.

I'll start taking my betaine hcl again to correct my chloride level and retest again in about a month or so.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established

TSH 2.67 (.450 – 4.5)--------High
T4 Total 6.8 (4.5 – 12)
T3 Total 100 (85 – 205)---------low
T3 Free 2.6 (2.3 – 4.2)----------low
TPO Antibodies 5 (0-34)
Reverse T3 277 (90-350)---------high

DHEA-S 596 (95 – 530)-----------------------------------OK

Testosterone Total 323-----------------------------low
Progesterone 2.0 (.3 – 1.2)---------------------------keep eye on it, also on (your) breasts
Estradiol 35 (0-53)------------------------------------high

Lp-PLA2 184 (131 – 199)
C-RP .43 (0 – 3.0)

UIBC (247 (150 – 375)
Iron/Sat 28 (15 – 55)

Zinc 72 (70 – 150)
Chloride 97 (98-110)
--------------------------------------------------

need

HCG
testosterone (very frequently delivered)
anastrozole
Cytomel(T3)
have a backup Cortef
----------------------------------------------------
50mg testosterone, once a week, without HCG,
is DISASTROUS

You should start with HCG
Best if HCG only, to see if that would work.
Latter, after you reached plateau on HCG
you could use Testosterone in addition to HCG, if you still missing on BAT(BioAvailableTestosterone)
.==========================================
Do not be preoccupied with Zinc.
Do blood test or better HairAnalysis, so you know what you are really missing.
I just got a bill for my HairAnalysis from Genova, $53.94

Philec48

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Janz, in about a month or so I'll have thyroid retested. My theory is if I correct alkalosis, my body will absorb nutrients properly, and thyroid will not think I'm starving, and the body will then stop making so much RT3, and make T3 instead.

For AI I'm using resveratrol T-Rez 400mg per day, also hoping the extra zinc will act as an AI. I may request low dose aridx if that doesn't help.

I definitely will seek hcg from doc, maybe 350iu twice per week in order to keep from shrinking the coconuts.

I take my T via im Mon, Wed, and Fri to maintain stable levels. If it shuts me down, I'll will have to adjust up the dose. Using a 25g 5/8" needle, virtually no pain.

Phil

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established

TSH 2.67 (.450 – 4.5)
T4 Total 6.8 (4.5 – 12)
T3 Total 100 (85 – 205)
T3 Free 2.6 (2.3 – 4.2)
TPO Antibodies 5 (0-34)
Reverse T3 277 (90-350)

DHEA-S 596 (95 – 530)

Testosterone Total 323
Estradiol 35 (0-53)

Lp-PLA2 184 (131 – 199)
C-RP .43 (0 – 3.0)

UIBC (247 (150 – 375)
Iron/Sat 28 (15 – 55)

Zinc 72 (70 – 150)
Chloride 97 (98-110)
Fixing thyroid will take care of zinc issue.
I supplemented zinc 100mgs a day even taken before the night before test and still tested low. Once I got my thyroid adjusted zinc normalized.
try zinc piclolate seems to work better for people with thyroid issues.
Wheres ferritin reading?
Correcting cortisol may help reduce stress on the thyroid..
adrenal profile is next step. Do not use adrenal rebuilder but HPA helper as a modulator. Plus if you got pissed off during blood draw it would give you a false high. Use cortisol saliva test. If you are will to travel to PA let me know. There is a team of people that will get you balanced.
Progesterone is pushing towards cortisol pathway why it is high. Adrenals should have been checked before starting TRT in the first place along with thyroid. 80% of dr's miss thyroid issue and we end up cleaning up hormonal messes.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Janz, in about a month or so I'll have thyroid retested. My theory is if I correct alkalosis, my body will absorb nutrients properly, and thyroid will not think I'm starving, and the body will then stop making so much RT3, and make T3 instead.

For AI I'm using resveratrol T-Rez 400mg per day, also hoping the extra zinc will act as an AI. I may request low dose aridx if that doesn't help.

I definitely will seek hcg from doc, maybe 350iu twice per week in order to keep from shrinking the coconuts.

I take my T via im Mon, Wed, and Fri to maintain stable levels. If it shuts me down, I'll will have to adjust up the dose. Using a 25g 5/8" needle, virtually no pain.

Phil
You already doing it 3x/week
same difference if you would do it EOD
much more simpler and less shock to the body
much easier to figure time for blood testing, etc..

then

do (T + HCG) one day (plus possibly Arimidex=LiquiDex)
next day free of shots
one day
-------------------
I mark my daily calendar, put little dots on it EOD, few months ahead of time.

Philec48

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Janz and Matrix,

I just now saw an HPA helper product that contains ashwagandha and Siberian ginseng.
I'm already taking that form of ginseng - should I add the ashwagandha in also?

Ferritin? Good question. I thought I had that on my list of labs to get, but it looks like it was not tested.

Thanks for the doc offer. Can't travel at this time, wish I could.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Janz and Matrix,

I just now saw an HPA helper product that contains ashwagandha and Siberian ginseng.
I'm already taking that form of ginseng - should I add the ashwagandha in also?

Ferritin? Good question. I thought I had that on my list of labs to get, but it looks like it was not tested.

Thanks for the doc offer. Can't travel at this time, wish I could.
Ferritin is big.
You want (100-150)

If you cant raise it with pills
keep eating food made of blood.
Look for Polish Kiszka, blood, buckwheat grits and spices.
There are other national foods made of blood.
Also liver.

But also

Hematocrit
Total iron

Philec48

Awards
  • Established
Hematocrit usually runs 45-47% even when not on TRT. Hemoglobin 16+. RBC 5+.

I wonder if ferritin can be low with those number?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Hematocrit usually runs 45-47% even when not on TRT. Hemoglobin 16+. RBC 5+.

I wonder if ferritin can be low with those number?
Zinc can bind with iron in the intestinal tract lowering ferritin. Also when thyroid is not functioning the iron will not be uptake from the intestinal tract resulting iron deficiency. GEtting ferritin up to check will help all hormone signalling work optimal

Philec48

Awards
  • Established
Dear All, hospitals make mistakes! Just thought I'd let you know since this is such a rarity. Not!

I personally handed my doc's order to the tech (or nurse) at the hospital, which stated:
"ACTH Stimulation Test". After they did two blood draws, with the ACTH injection in between, I was told they had to send it to an outside lab. I wondered why they couldn't process it as they have a lab. Oh well.

Anyway, their order to the outside lab (unbeknownst to me) was only for ACTH! No cortisol levels were checked!

FWIW, pre-injection ACTH was 15 (6-48) and post was 41 (6-48). This doesn't tell me a whole lot.

Question, how long do I need to drop the Siberian Ginseng before a re-draw?

Thanks,

Phil