Lasik

not_big_enuf

not_big_enuf

Awards
  • Established
I just got laser eye surgery, and let me tell you, it was EASY.

The surgery itself took 5 minutes without any pain. Slight discomfort, but that's it.

The recover period? About 3 hours. I got home, eyes started burning, but not horribly. After 4 motrin I feel asleep for 3 hours and woke up with 20/20 vision.

Amazing. I had horrible vision. In the shower, I could tell my feet were there, but couldn't make out toes, etc. So yeah, it was bad. I have been through 11 different kinds of contacts and never found a pair I could wear for more than a couple hours with pain. This was a HUGE deal for me...

Anyway, anyone considering it, there's no reason not to, period. And for those of you that have contacts/glasses, think about how much money you spend on glasses/contacts/solution.

If I can convince ANYBODY to do, then I'll be happy. It's truly life changing....

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
What is the criteria as to when you can get this done?
Something about your prscription not changing or something?

Can it be done on both near and far-sided people?

Sounds awesome.
I wear glasses and can't wear contacts - something bout putting things in my eyes just doesn't sit well.

not_big_enuf

not_big_enuf

Awards
  • Established
Most places will give you a free consultation and they'll usually say not to have your contacts in for a week. if you don't wear contacts, you should be fine. Yes, your prescription should be pretty much leveled out, so people that aren't in their mid 20s usually aren't optimal because their vision could change.

Also, the place I went to has a lifetime package where if your eyes change, they'll redo the surgery for free... forever.

You can have it done on both near and farsighted cases. If you can't see far away, and you have the surgery, they state that usually in your 40s you'll need reading glasses. Which, for me, is a VERY small price to pay for being able to see.

www.lasikplus.com is where I went. I simply can't recommend them enough... or this surgery enough. It's just.... .amazing, and for people that have bad vision and want a "normal" life that glasses/contacts can prevent, I just can't say how amazing it it.

What is the criteria as to when you can get this done?
Something about your prscription not changing or something?

Can it be done on both near and far-sided people?

Sounds awesome.
I wear glasses and can't wear contacts - something bout putting things in my eyes just doesn't sit well.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for posting about this. I've been thinking about it a lot lately. I can't do anything w/o my contacts, and I hate using my glasses b/c I have no peripheral vision. Do you happen to have light-sensitive eyes. My sister went for a consult, and the Dr. said he wouldn't do it b/c her eyes are light sensitive=greater risk.

How much did you pay?

What was your prescription going in?

MadJimF

MadJimF

Awards
  • Established
I would really like to have this done, but I think the upfront cost is what always stoped me, that and I'm a big chicken...

not_big_enuf

not_big_enuf

Awards
  • Established
Get it... please get it. That's all I can say... it was so quick, painless and the results were almost immediate.

I was 20/550 in each eye. Or thereabouts. That's not real good :)

24 hours later = 20/20 and doc said they'd likely improve even a bit more.

My total was $3000 and that was with lifetime adjustments. I had to get one of the more expensive procedures because of my large pupils and pretty bad initial vision. Co-worker got it done for $650 and eye and my wife got it done for $1100 an eye. Depends on a few factors, which the free consultation will take care of.

LasikPlus has a TON of financing options. I have average credit and had no problems getting 18 months, intereste free.... they have various plans to choose from there. Something you can afford one way or another.

Oh, LOL, if you do look at a LasikPlus clinic, use my name as a referral... I think I get something like $25... I could care less anyway, but get the surgery done.

I can explain what a feeling it is....

Thanks for posting about this. I've been thinking about it a lot lately. I can't do anything w/o my contacts, and I hate using my glasses b/c I have no peripheral vision. Do you happen to have light-sensitive eyes. My sister went for a consult, and the Dr. said he wouldn't do it b/c her eyes are light sensitive=greater risk.

How much did you pay?

What was your prescription going in?

not_big_enuf

not_big_enuf

Awards
  • Established
I don't finance much of anything, but this I did. I paid a little out of pocket, but they have all sorts of financing options at LasikPlus... at least go to a free consultation and check it out.

Yeah, I know, broken record, but I'm SO happy I got it done!

I would really like to have this done, but I think the upfront cost is what always stoped me, that and I'm a big chicken...

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Thanks, bro. I don't know how 20/550 translates. My prescription is -5.50, which is horrendous. That is the # on my contact cases.

I'm definitely going to look into this. My wife is from S.America, and her mom has a friend who is an eye dr. and performs this surgery. I could get it done very cheap, but I don't know about the risk. I'm definitely gonna hurt the wife's feelings on this one.

not_big_enuf

not_big_enuf

Awards
  • Established
Your prescription is the same as mine was... that's kinda funny :) 20/550 is what -5.5 is... so you should be fine.

As long as you go to a good doctor who's performed a ton of surgeries, I just don't see that much of a risk. After watching the operation, it's very automated and only a freak accident could cause anything major.

You won't be disappointed.... worse case is that you have to go in to get it fine-tuned. My doc sad that 8/10 people with my/our prescription turn out 20/20 and that 2/10 have to go back to get it adjusted... LasikPlus stated that they something like a 95% record of getting people to 20/20...

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, refer.

"Uh, hi. This guy 'I'm bloated - I ate yo' momma' referred me. Put him down for $25."

:rofl:

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Your prescription is the same as mine was... that's kinda funny :) 20/550 is what -5.5 is... so you should be fine.

As long as you go to a good doctor who's performed a ton of surgeries, I just don't see that much of a risk. After watching the operation, it's very automated and only a freak accident could cause anything major.

You won't be disappointed.... worse case is that you have to go in to get it fine-tuned. My doc sad that 8/10 people with my/our prescription turn out 20/20 and that 2/10 have to go back to get it adjusted... LasikPlus stated that they something like a 95% record of getting people to 20/20...
Yeah, I'm not worried about the Doc's ability. The reason that I may be a higher risk candidate is b/c my eyes are light sensitive. Light sensitivity may be correlated with light eyes. My eyes are light blue, just like my sis, and bright lights are bothersome to both of us. However, when my eyes are adjusted to the dark, I can see very well (with lenses).

Only way to find out is to go to the consult.

Thanks, again

not_big_enuf

not_big_enuf

Awards
  • Established
Let me know how everything goes. I really can't imagine you not loving the procedure if everything works out. The money is such a small price to pay compared to the hassle.

BEST WISHES MAN!

Yeah, I'm not worried about the Doc's ability. The reason that I may be a higher risk candidate is b/c my eyes are light sensitive. Light sensitivity may be correlated with light eyes. My eyes are light blue, just like my sis, and bright lights are bothersome to both of us. However, when my eyes are adjusted to the dark, I can see very well (with lenses).

Only way to find out is to go to the consult.

Thanks, again

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
General Chat 4
julius kelp IGF-1/GH 2
Anabolics 28