Lactose Intolerance, need alternative stat!

PhazzedOut

Awards
Recently found out I am lactose intolerant. My protein consumption went down significantly. I had to up my chicken consumption but it feels me up faster when bulking when I can down a gallon lf milk like nothing. What do my bros do instead?

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
For a milk substitute, try almond or coconut milk. For a protein powder, look into No Whey by AI Sports Nutrition and other powders. Musclemeds and SAN makes a powder too. Add in nuts to your diet. They are a fat source, but high in protein. Look into different types of jerkies.

LivingStrongE

Awards
You can try to take some whey isolate proteins. Most of them now a days are filtered down to fit for who are lactose intolerant. You can try iForce Isotean which is a lean source of protein and mix it with water.

madripper32

madripper32

Awards
  • Established
I am in the same boat. I use AI's NOWHEY chocolate and mix it with either chocolate almond or soy milk soy is a little thicker but taste is just like a milk shake, I haven't had the pumpkin or candy cane but I hear they are just as good.

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lactaid milk or use regular milk + lactase enzyme pills.

Bigcountry08

Bigcountry08

Awards
  • Established
I'm lactose intolerant to. I get most of my protein from eggs, chicken, nuts/nut butters, occasional different meats when on sale.

In response to the guy who wonders how you could drink a whole gallon of milk and me intolerant. I used to do the same thing, symptoms very from person to person. If my wife even drinks a 1/4 whole milk she's on the floor dying,if I drink 2 cups I get gas and just feel really tired.

theniteman

theniteman

Awards
I'm lactose intolerant. Still drink milk, eat dairy, etc... My lady friend pays the price :D

Rarchib

Rarchib

Awards
Recently found out I am lactose intolerant. My protein consumption went down significantly. I had to up my chicken consumption but it feels me up faster when bulking when I can down a gallon lf milk like nothing. What do my bros do instead?
I am lactose intolerant as well and what has really worked for me without having to change my diet at all is just taking "lactaid" pills. These are pills that contain the lactase enzyme which in turn will allow your body to properly digest lactose. I just take one pill upon waking and for the rest of the day I can consume any sort of dairy product I want without the unfortunate symptoms of lactose intolerance. Try them out and see how you respond. Much easier than trying to avoid dairy products altogether.

PhazzedOut

Awards
Definitely going to try the lactose enzyme pills and see what that does for me. All the other suggestions are great.

I recently started bulking again and I downed a gallon of milk after my workout. Things would go great but I would get unbelievable cramps in my lower abdomen and my farts would smell like a Tijuana taco stand.

I had to drop the dairy products and begun eating more chicken but I would just be ful hating myself on the kitchen table. What really worked though was if I downed boiled beans and nuts.

I'm almost back to my caloric bulking intake but I miss milk so much. .. ........ .

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
For what it's worth, I was lactose intolerant when I was in elementary school. I would take my lunch money and buy those frozen pizzas and chocolate milk knowing that. I would get sick, but over time, I was and am still no longer lactose intolerant. You could, that is a big could depending on how you feel after consuming dairy, give that a shot and have some dairy everyday, put up with the symptoms, and see if your intolerance goes away. I don't know if I would do that at my age now, but I was young, dumb, and loved that cardboard frozen pizza.

laneanders

laneanders

Awards
Learned quite a bit about lactose intolerance in this thread haha. I'm not myself and would probably die if I were because of all the dairy I ingest. A good isolate such as Isotean in water as has been mentioned would be a good bet. Although some other recommendations I am not familiar with have been made, so those with experience in this should probably be used as a resource.