Keto Diet Update w/ problems

WILL DA BEAST

WILL DA BEAST

Awards
  • Established
I'm in the middle of my carb up right now. I started yesterday (saturday) after my depletion workout at noon. I carbed up all through yesterday but i've had a stomach ache the whole time. Is this normal because my body isn't used to having carbs or is there a problem? I drop carbs again after tonight and if this doesn't get feel better i'm going to have to quit this diet because i'm miserable.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, you should use that as a sign that you're taking in too many carbs at once during your refeed/carb-up. Also, try not to drink as much water when you take in your carbs...it will end up adding more to your bloating. Spread the carbs out more and you won't get this stomache ache. Also, try taking some NA-RALA before your carb meals. Will help with nutrient partitioning. Besides that, take it as a good thing that carbs now make you feel miserable =D On this diet, it's a good thing to not like or want carbs. It makes things easier. But yeah, you shouldn't have a problem if you don't take in too many carbs at any one meal.

WILL DA BEAST

WILL DA BEAST

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, you should use that as a sign that you're taking in too many carbs at once during your refeed/carb-up. Also, try not to drink as much water when you take in your carbs...it will end up adding more to your bloating. Spread the carbs out more and you won't get this stomache ache. Also, try taking some NA-RALA before your carb meals. Will help with nutrient partitioning. Besides that, take it as a good thing that carbs now make you feel miserable =D On this diet, it's a good thing to not like or want carbs. It makes things easier. But yeah, you shouldn't have a problem if you don't take in too many carbs at any one meal.
Ok thanks, glad to hear i'm on the right track. And yea I basically overdid it i guess. When i finished working out I drank a protein shake and a 2 liter gatorade, two yoplait yogurts, a poptart, and a banana.

To make things worse now I went out last night so I do have a mild hangover today. I gotta push through the pain :lick:

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yeah you're going to feel super lazy during your carb ups..sometimes I can't even move =\ lol depends on how bad you hit the carbs.. I usually take the opportunity to feast for a day and I pay for it..makes me hate carbs, but it's a good thing